Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 10:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times

Advertisements

On the subject of blond haired men who have very hairy chests, a few movie actors that come to mind are Robert Redford, Scott Caan, Ken Clark and the extraordinarily furry Aldo Ray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 11:41 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Hairy - majority of population are significantly hairy:
Southern Italians, Albanians, Macedonians, Greeks, Cypriots, Georgians, Armenians

Moderately hairy - most individuals hairy, some medium, so not hairy:
Portuguese, Central Italians, Maltese, Bosnians, Montenegrins, Serbians, Romanians, Bulgarians

Average (Just needed to make 1 more category):
Spanish, Andorrans, French, Northern Italians, Sammarinese, Hungarians, Croatians, Moldovans

Moderately unhairy - some individuals hairy, most medium or not very hairy:
Irish, British, Dutch, Belgians, Luxembourgers, Germans, Danish, Swiss, Liechtensteiners, Austrians, Czechs, Slovakians, Slovenians, Polish, Lithuanians, Ukrainians

Unhairy - Majority of population not hairy (e.g. a lot of men don't have chest hair)
Icelanders, Norwegians, Swedish, Finnish, Estonians, Latvians

I don't see Turks and Russians as European.

Why do you rate the Portuguese more hairy than the Spaniards? Do you really notice a significant difference.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:38 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,106,645 times
Of course puberty! lol now I know why my expensive razors keep vanishing! Seriously, UK men are hairy ( not so much the fairer ones) I have also noticed a lot more red haired women in England and especially in London ( not dyed hair)

Old 12-28-2015, 04:35 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcricket300 View Post
Wait what? Armenians and Georgians are Europeans but Russians are not? What are you smoking? Russia has always been part of Europe and Russians are genetically Europeans.

But then again, you're the biggest troll here, so I shouldn't take your posts seriously.
I wonder, how he differentiate Ukrainians from Russians and Belarusians? Maybe noble posture or proud look?

Old 12-28-2015, 05:24 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I wonder, how he differentiate Ukrainians from Russians and Belarusians? Maybe noble posture or proud look?
I'm not Anti-Russian, i'm Anti-Russia. Just like i'm not Anti-Muslim but Anti-Islam.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:13 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I'm not Anti-Russian, i'm Anti-Russia. Just like i'm not Anti-Muslim but Anti-Islam.
Russian, Ukrainians and Belarusians is a European nations. It is a fact, and it is independent from "anti" or "not anti".

Old 12-28-2015, 07:45 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,397,625 times
I heard that in Australia there was a guy who went around the pubs and made a lot of questions so..he recorded the answers, two years ago they began to throw-cast him off the bars ....well.. nowaday he asks his questions all over the internet

Old 03-22-2017, 11:04 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,049,648 times
What an interesting thread.

In Iberia, the level of hairy someone is will vary. I have noticed Iberians as a whole are much more hairy than Romanians, who despite being "Latin" (as in Romanized) are not very hairy and tend to a more Slavic (aka weak) level of hair on the body.

Certain parts of Spain and Portugal have people who have very Mediterranean body hair levels but other parts much less so. They're not very homogeneous. More Atlanto- Mediterranean and small Mediterranean types are hairy but the other lighter types can be not so.

Italians are hit or miss. Northern Italians who are just lighter versions aren't super hairy. Germans are hit or miss. Most aren't but once in a while you get one that is for some odd reason.

I think the British Isles produce the least amount of body and facial hair. I have seen lots of Irish with little body hair and patchy beards.

As an Iberian myself my body hair is very developed and strong.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Of course puberty! lol now I know why my expensive razors keep vanishing! Seriously, UK men are hairy ( not so much the fairer ones) I have also noticed a lot more red haired women in England and especially in London ( not dyed hair)
Native English men of English stock aren't hairy. Maybe when compared to Asians they are. Compared to Mediterranean types they might as well be hairless.

Oh and to the guy who said the Portuguese are more hairy than Spaniards, it depends what part. Someone from say Almeria (in Andalusia) is gonna be much more hairy than someone from Tras- os-Montes.

I have heard it said that body hair is actually *an* adaptation (but not the only and not universal) to UV index, which the Mediterranean has very high levels of and explains why people closer to the Mediterranean sea have some of the most hairy bodies.

An androgenic hair distribution map shows the Iberian peninsula along with the Levant as the hairiest area of the world. Also the Ainu in Japan are hairy for some odd reason but apparently they're not ethnically Japanese.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Seriously, a lot of British men ( of the Celtic variety, are hairy) Sean Connery, James Nesbit, me,
If that's hairy to you you've obviously never been around men from the Near East or from the Caucasus area. "Hairy chest" isn't hairy.

Sean Connery is not typical for Scotland anyway. It would be like saying Welsh look like Tom Cullen or the Irish look like Colin Farrell, both of whom who could pass in Spain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe