Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:14 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Ireland is nothing like southern europe at all.
and how would a brit like you know ?

you,ve hardly ever even been to the republic of ireland

i meant in terms of outlook and personality , irish people are more similar to southern europeans , the word being " more "

Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 AM

233 posts, read 449,467 times
Irish

The Spanish embassador in Ireland, I think that his name was Madariaga, once said "Irish are Spanish without sun and without wine". Spain and France always tried to protect Ireland from England with scarce sucess.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:05 PM

190 posts, read 706,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
I agree.

Ireland is far away from the rich culture, History, heritage, weather, legacy etc. South Europe has... There's no comparison.
Why you allways have to be so offensive? Ireland has a lot of culture, history and folklore is impressive there. I'll tell you with kind words because i am spanish too, i can assure you that, at least in Central Europe, where i live now, people have a fairly high level of culture, starting with they can speak at least two or three languages, many young people even four, they are much more informed about our country, culture, and what happens than to the contrary, they have other defects but not that one precisely.
Sometimes i am ashamed to read you, and the image you give about spaniards here, seriously.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM

768 posts, read 879,564 times
So many historical geniuses were Italian. Probably Id say the highest concentration of genius'es is in the alpine region. Northern Italy, Southern germany, Swiss, Austria etc.

Southern europeans certainly seem more proud and nationalistic than their northern counterparts.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailarina View Post
Why you allways have to be so offensive? Ireland has a lot of culture, history and folklore is impressive there. I'll tell you with kind words because i am spanish too, i can assure you that, at least in Central Europe, where i live now, people have a fairly high level of culture, starting with they can speak at least two or three languages, many young people even four, they are much more informed about our country, culture, and what happens than to the contrary, they have other defects but not that one precisely.
Sometimes i am ashamed to read you, and the image you give about spaniards here, seriously.
You should read more the forum and attack less so you can see why I can be rude, it is the second time I can be disgusting and always with a previous reason, if you are ashamed it's not my bussiness, I don't even know who you are but I am sure I never did something wrong to you. And to anyone else here.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:43 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
i meant in terms of outlook and personality , irish people are more similar to southern europeans , the word being " more "
Do they like off-color humor? The Irish-American homes I've been in weren't fond of it. In Italian, Cuban, and Argentine homes in America, they feed off each other and egg it on. I think I've already told my Irish-Catholic experience in an upper middle-class suburb of Detroit where the mother pointed out to the daughter that I said "pi$$ed off" 3 times.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM

84 posts, read 225,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailarina View Post
Well regarding owenc comments against some places here it's not surprising that people can be offensive towards him and his posts, by the way she (CatBelle) is not usually an offensive user and you must know.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM

37,126 posts, read 39,337,475 times
The northern portions of Europe are generally wealthier at this point, but that isn't really the same as intellectual. The history of Europe and the entire world has been one of constantly shifting centers of innovation and development, but with bright lights all over. Even when a generalization holds for a generation, there is no guarantee any particular trend will hold very long.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM

182 posts, read 186,613 times
Itaialis arent known 4 der intelluktal prowess

Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Do they like off-color humor? The Irish-American homes I've been in weren't fond of it. In Italian, Cuban, and Argentine homes in America, they feed off each other and egg it on. I think I've already told my Irish-Catholic experience in an upper middle-class suburb of Detroit where the mother pointed out to the daughter that I said "pi$$ed off" 3 times.
sounds likes those irish americans in detroit went native

no one can swear like the irish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe