Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, or Bosnia & Herzegovina
Macedonia 5 22.73%
Montenegro 9 40.91%
Serbia 7 31.82%
Bosnia & Herzegovina 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
Haha, nice story about the Montenegrin old man

I had lamb cevapcici in Ljubljana last year, I loved it (but I'm partial to sausage). I'd been warned it would be spicy but it wasn't, is Bosnian cevapcici spicier?
It tends to vary a little bit throughout the region though I never found it that spicy. Sometime with the ajvar pepper sauce on the side. In Serbia I think the sausages were a little bigger than Bosnia.

The other really common dish among the regions--although more so in Bosnia--seemed to be burek--the pastry that's filled with cheese and spinach or meat. Whenever we wanted a cheap meal we'd just go into the little bakeries and get a couple of those to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
So what is the best way in getting to Montenegro while in Europe? Is there a direct flight from Paris/London/Barcelona to Podgorica?

Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,823 times
Cevapcici is made of lamb?! I see that alot on the menu here in Montenegro and did not know that. Montenegro is a beautiful country. The capital itself really isn't anything spectacular to look at, but Tivat, Kotor, Kolasin are all lovely areas. I don't know about the other countries listed, but the one thing that subtracts from Montenegro's beauty is the litter. It's terrible. Sometimes you will see trash strewn all over the place. For such a beautiful country, you would think that the natives would want to keep it clean. I would love to visit Macedonia, Bosnia and Serbia.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
So what is the best way in getting to Montenegro while in Europe? Is there a direct flight from Paris/London/Barcelona to Podgorica?
I know that there is a direct flight from Paris to Podgorica as I have flown that route. Also Vienna to Podgorica.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 AM

2,869 posts, read 5,136,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Cevapcici is made of lamb?! I see that alot on the menu here in Montenegro and did not know that. Montenegro is a beautiful country. The capital itself really isn't anything spectacular to look at, but Tivat, Kotor, Kolasin are all lovely areas. I don't know about the other countries listed, but the one thing that subtracts from Montenegro's beauty is the litter. It's terrible. Sometimes you will see trash strewn all over the place. For such a beautiful country, you would think that the natives would want to keep it clean. I would love to visit Macedonia, Bosnia and Serbia.
My understanding is that everybody and their mom have their own cevapcici recipe and that it can be beef, pork, lamb, or a mix. It's basically sausage so I guess you can put whatever you want in it.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:54 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,983,545 times
I most interested in Serbia. It because of I heard Belgrade is a very interesting city to visit. I also have a friend there.

Next on list would be Macedonia, followed by Montenegro then Bosnia.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
How cheap is it to travel through these countries/most of the Balkans? Cheaper than Croatia? I assume much touristy than coastal Croatia too. Bosnia's Muslim culture would be interesting, is the architecture there kind of Turkish?

Old 06-09-2013, 12:38 AM

348 posts, read 1,051,520 times
I am pondering to visit these four countries. Could you kindly tell us best beaches and best mountains on each nation if possible? The travel time will be first week of August.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I've been intrigued by Montenegro and Croatia. But Montenegro is still ripe for a fledgling business (something that I am looking into). Not to mention, it is a very beautiful country.
You might want to look into Albania, as well.
They're finally building roads, cities are nice and would be perfect for business opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
It tends to vary a little bit throughout the region though I never found it that spicy. Sometime with the ajvar pepper sauce on the side. In Serbia I think the sausages were a little bigger than Bosnia.

The other really common dish among the regions--although more so in Bosnia--seemed to be burek--the pastry that's filled with cheese and spinach or meat. Whenever we wanted a cheap meal we'd just go into the little bakeries and get a couple of those to go.
I lived on Burek.
Being vegetarian, it was hard not to.

_______
You can fly into Dubrovnik and take a bus through Montenegro.

I found each country to be exceptional in its own way.
I find that my favorite country is always the one I'm traveling through.
The national parks in Bosnia were amazing.

There were opportunities for me to camp and see amazing terrain in all of them.
As a capital, I found Sofia lacking in architectural interest. But the city made up for it with the lovely parks and ped zone.
Currently lots of construction.

Last edited by chielgirl; 06-09-2013 at 04:42 AM..

Old 06-09-2013, 07:08 AM

318 posts, read 625,952 times
Sarajevo and Belgrade are such, such beautiful cities that I'd love to visit one day.

Actually, most of Eastern Europe interests me (love the architecture) but I'm just a bit wary about visiting the region especially since most Eastern European countries are on the smallish side, and I'm not quite sure how they'd react to a non-white and yeah XD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe