Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:15 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

I haven't been to Poland but the Polish people I've met have been really friendly, extroverted (I once travelled with a group of male Polish flight-attendants in Asia and they were hilarious to be around lol). Granted I haven't met, but they seem a bit more gregarious than Northern Europeans or Russians. Would you say being friendly/extroverted is a fairly Polish trait, or fairly atypical? Is their personality more like Czechs and Bavarians, rather than Eastern Slavs? What about East Germans?

They seem to have been through a lot of hardship throughout their history. There are quite a few Polish Australians too, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 07:36 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I haven't been to Poland but the Polish people I've met have been really friendly, extroverted (I once travelled with a group of male Polish flight-attendants in Asia and they were hilarious to be around lol). Granted I haven't met, but they seem a bit more gregarious than Northern Europeans or Russians. Would you say being friendly/extroverted is a fairly Polish trait, or fairly atypical? Is their personality more like Czechs and Bavarians, rather than Eastern Slavs? What about East Germans?

They seem to have been through a lot of hardship throughout their history. There are quite a few Polish Australians too, actually.
Having been born and raised in Chicago, my experience has always been very positive concerning Polish people, but especially the newly arrived immigrants. They have always shown great innovation and are very entrepreneurial both in their actions and their work ethic; in all likelihood because of their many hardships. They know how to save money, seize opportunities when presented, and raise their children to be responsible and contributing members of their communities.

I grew up in close proximity to many Polish familes and they were playmates as well as classmates throughout our elementary and high school attendance at our public schools. As they say there are, of course, the good and bad in everyone, however I have not personally encountered the bad.

My brother had the very best friend in the world whose family originated from Poland and immigrated to Chicago when their two boys were toddlers. These two went to high school together and of course got in their share of mischief together, however they remained the best of friends until this young man's untimely death before his 50th birthday.

Concerning their friendliness, like most ethnic people they are the salt of the earth and have shown themselves to be kindhearted and charitable to their own as well as to those who are of other nationalities and races. Honestly, I cannot say enough good things about my childhood and the Polish families we grew up with and their kindness and acceptance of the diversity they were surrounded with; as I have already indicated, the best of the best.

My experience...good people, good family people, good neighbors, and the best of many of the good immigrant families I knew and grew up with in our Chicago neighborhood.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 AM

985 posts, read 1,853,123 times
I would say that usually only extroverted people work as stewardesses or waitresses. Most Polish people (extroverts and introverts) I have met, both in Germany and Poland, were friendly, as were most Americans, Australians, Czechs, East Germans and even Bavarians.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,097 times
The ones I've met in Scotland are very friendly and give better customer service than most locals.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,225 times
I have met a few Polish people, and yes they are friendly but once you have tried to know them a lot, and after a long time, the first impression is that they are hermetic people, not very social.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:31 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
I would say that usually only extroverted people work as stewardesses or waitresses. Most Polish people (extroverts and introverts) I have met, both in Germany and Poland, were friendly, as were most Americans, Australians, Czechs, East Germans and even Bavarians.
Ha-ha, true that, the choice of profession ( when abroad) says a lot; I can't picture Russians for example being successful cab drivers when abroad. ( Plenty of them are on the roads driving trucks though in the US )
So yeah, I find Polish folks less hardened in this respect and friendlier overall; they can easier relate to the rest of the world than Russians do.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:42 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
I don't know if the Poles manufacture a "people-friendly overall".

Old 02-16-2013, 01:00 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
by eastern european standards , they are friendly

Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Particularly every single Polish girl I've met was really sweet. You would think there is no such thing as ******* in Poland. >>> The censored bit is that B-word used to describe women wo are not very nice.

Part of me regrets saying this. I fear this will kick-start a caravan of C-D sociopathic sex pests heading to Poland looking for easy sex.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:39 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Almost all of the Poles or Polish-Americans I've know in the States have been cool. Probably slightly more so than the Romanians. It's the "I'm Rrrrrussssssian" crowd next door that a lot of people aren't crazy about. Interesting how a border can change the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe