Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
I went to Pepe's Pizza in Oslo

Hotels in the USA tend to charge a lot more for food than regular restaurants. So do tourist places like Disney
Did you like the pizza? I am not a fan of Peppes and Dolly Dimple's . The best pizza restaurants in Oslo are Villa Paradiso, Hells Kitchen, Pizza da Mimmo and a few others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 05:01 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Did you like the pizza? I am not a fan of Peppes and Dolly Dimple's . The best pizza restaurants in Oslo are Villa Paradiso, Hells Kitchen, Pizza da Mimmo and a few others.
It was decent. I come from the NE of the USA, so we getreally good pizza. Not great. Decent

Old 08-20-2014, 05:04 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,955,262 times
Sweden
Pop=9.7million

McDonald's: 225
7-Eleven: 192
Subway: 136
MAX: 85
Burger King: 72
Pizza Hut: 15
Starbucks: 4
TGI Fridays: 3
KFC: 0

There are far too many McDonald's restaurants here in Stockholm, there's literally one on every single damn road

Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_Lord View Post
There are far too many McDonald's restaurants here in Stockholm, there's literally one on every single damn road
There is a Max Burger on Vasagatan in Stockholm not too far from the train station. I have been to a lot of countries and I have never seen a fast food place as packed on a Saturday night as that location was.

I was a bit disappointed by how dirty the place was, here in the USA, I have never walked into a fast food place with napkins, trash and litter everywhere, very disgusting and not what I would expect especially in Sweden.

Nonetheless, I still think it is one of the best fast food chains in the world.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Sweden
Pop=9.7million

McDonald's: 225
7-Eleven: 192
Subway: 136
MAX: 98
Burger King: 72
Pizza Hut: 15
Starbucks: 4
TGI Fridays: 3
KFC: 0

Just changed the MAX number as it's 98, not 85

Old 08-21-2014, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
There is a Max Burger on Vasagatan in Stockholm not too far from the train station. I have been to a lot of countries and I have never seen a fast food place as packed on a Saturday night as that location was.

I was a bit disappointed by how dirty the place was, here in the USA, I have never walked into a fast food place with napkins, trash and litter everywhere, very disgusting and not what I would expect especially in Sweden.

Nonetheless, I still think it is one of the best fast food chains in the world.
I'm guessing it was because it was packed? Vasagatan is a very busy street in summer...

Old 08-21-2014, 06:37 AM

230 posts, read 330,480 times
Quote:
I'm guessing it was because it was packed? Vasagatan is a very busy street in summer...
Many fast food places in Sweden are very trashy unfortunately. MAX in Sodertalje 2 yrs ago when I visited was nearly empty and horrible.... I complained and the manager didn't seem to care.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:37 PM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Russia to McDonald's: We're closing it - LA Times

Old 08-21-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivierad View Post
Many fast food places in Sweden are very trashy unfortunately. MAX in Sodertalje 2 yrs ago when I visited was nearly empty and horrible.... I complained and the manager didn't seem to care.
I agree with them being very trashy most of the time. It's mainly because they're mostly very busy, especially in the late afternoons and evenings. Were you complaining because it was empty?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:29 PM

230 posts, read 330,480 times
Quote:
I agree with them being very trashy most of the time. It's mainly because they're mostly very busy, especially in the late afternoons and evenings. Were you complaining because it was empty?
No it wasn't busy yet it was very dirty that I almost could throw up with all the trash, ketchup stains and food remaining on the floor and tables. It should be unacceptable. Cannot believe how managers do not seem to care - their exuse was "people do not clean after them"... Well go do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe