Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Just because Kosovo, Albania and Bosnia are not in the EU that does not make them not European countries. They are populated by European people, are clearly on the European continent, and are indisputably European in every other aspect of their culture. Macedonia also has a huge, old muslim population. Being a European country is not dependent on membership in the EU club.
These people are White Muslims - so they are acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 04:03 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
These people are White Muslims - so they are acceptable.
Now it's getting pathetic...

Old 04-24-2013, 04:06 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times
Not at all.

Europe is a white continent - with shared values.

It is better to keep it relatively homogenous.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:39 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Not at all.

Europe is a white continent - with shared values.

It is better to keep it relatively homogenous.
That's what Hitler said, too. And we all know how that worked out. Well, most of us do.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:49 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,077 times
an excellent article on Turkey and the EU.

The Turkish Question Revisited | atthegrapevine

Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,266,588 times
NEVER!!!

1. 99% muslim country! We dont want any more muslims in Europe, they will just bring homophobia with them, and what... kebabs? we already have enough of them.

i see how muslims behave here in the UK and have lost my respect for them completely. And turkey is not an european country, only a tiny fraction of turkey is located in Europe, the rest is Asian and muslim. Id much rather have Ukraine joining or something like that.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,266,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
That's what Hitler said, too. And we all know how that worked out. Well, most of us do.
well the truth is that Europe IS and always was a white continent, Turks are not white, not christian, they belong to middle east more than they do to Europe. Even now in UK with millions of immigrants in the country its still 90% white (85% white british and 5% white european), you cant deny it.

and im not anti EU or something im Polish in England, as i immigrated with my parents when i was 14 but Turkey should never ever join.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,815 times
Is this a satirical thread? The level of debate is absolutely frightening if it isn't

Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,865 times
Turkey is a fascinating country. I've never been but I would definitely love to visit if I had the opportunity. If Turkey fulfilled the criteria to join the European Union then why not?

They have only opened a few chapters so they have a long way to go yet. Turkey would have to recognise women's rights, freedom of religion, gay rights and freedom of speech for starters. They have a long way to go but they are one of the most tolerant Muslim countries.

The western part of Turkey is a lot more compatible with Europe but the eastern part is still very tribal and stuck in another era.

I've often wondered if the Turkish people are aware of the changes they would have to make in their society to join the European Union?

My answer is yes if they fulfill the criteria.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
I'm for it. They will join, eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Turkey is a fascinating country. I've never been but I would definitely love to visit if I had the opportunity. If Turkey fulfilled the criteria to join the European Union then why not?

They have only opened a few chapters so they have a long way to go yet. Turkey would have to recognise women's rights, freedom of religion, gay rights and freedom of speech for starters. They have a long way to go but they are one of the most tolerant Muslim countries.

Gay rights, huh. You mean like Italy or Poland or Hungary or...

haha freedom of speech. You're too funny! Say something wrong in Europe and they will try to sue the crap out of you. The only country with actual freedom of speech is the U.S.

The western part of Turkey is a lot more compatible with Europe but the eastern part is still very tribal and stuck in another era.

My answer is yes if they fulfill the criteria.

You mean like Greece did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe