Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 02:05 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,266 times

Advertisements

My vote goes to Greece. Gorgeous little coastal cities all over the islands. Second would be Italy.

(my own country, Belgium, probably has the ugliest coastal line in all of Europe. Walls of ugly sixties-style concrete high-rises everywhere. Still, it feels like home to me ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 05:25 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Must be hard to get good help these days in Italy, I suppose.
Well apparently not when they film the PBS shows that feature Italian coastal towns and villages, because to date I've never noticed a great deal of rubbish on the adjacent shores.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 PM

291 posts, read 831,579 times
Italy wins if you ask me, although sea water is indeed clearer on our side of the Adriatic. This is all very individual as I find Italian architecture, cuisine, way of life, way they cultivate landscape, etc the best in this world.

Europe is blessed with hundreds of fantastic villages and towns on our coasts, as we can see even England has some

Old 05-26-2013, 04:07 PM

Btw, Exitus AP, I just found out Rick Steves has short videos of Croatia too, namely towns of Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik, Rovinj, Plitvice national park, Korcula.

Not many tourists stop by in my hometown as it is not on the coast, but Steves stopped by in Zagreb too!

Zagreb, Croatia: Lively and Livable Capital - YouTube

So, when can I expect you here?

Old 05-26-2013, 04:23 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,261,618 times
Many European countries have beautiful coastal villages. France has some beautiful ones and less beautiful, but the strong point is the diversity of these towns/villages.

The most famous ones:

Manche sea/English channel:

Etretat, Normandy

Honfleur, Normandy

Mont Saint-Michel, Normandy/Britanny

Atlantic ocean

Saint Martin en ré, Charentes

Saint jean de Luz, Pays Basque

Mediterranean sea

Collioure, Roussillon

Cassis, Provence

Saint Tropez, Provence

Villefranche sur Mer, Cote d'Azur

Menton, Côte d'Azur

Bonifacio, Corsica

Old 05-26-2013, 05:28 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroatWebWanderer View Post
As soon as I get another job, rob a bank, or you send me a ticket and help with my living expenses. The U.S. was once a nation of less than 200 million people, and labor was valuable. We're now a nation of more than 300 million, and as a White male, I have no advocacy group to align myself with in this extremely soft labor market.

Those Zagreb residents look like an attractive people as well -- I especially like the chick at 3:36.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:10 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Croatia. Greek Islands. Corsica.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,225 times
I liked these:

Cudillero (Spain)

Villefranche sur Mer. (France)

Hidra Island (Greece) no motor vehicles here just donkeys.

Conil de la Frontera. Spain.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
As soon as I get another job, rob a bank, or you send me a ticket and help with my living expenses. The U.S. was once a nation of less than 200 million people, and labor was valuable. We're now a nation of more than 300 million, and as a White male, I have no advocacy group to align myself with in this extremely soft labor market.

Those Zagreb residents look like an attractive people as well -- I especially like the chick at 3:36.
Ticket, life expenses? All I can promise is a beer!

Old 05-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Norway all have the most beautiful coastal towns/villages in Europe. I was not going to say only 1 country, and rather include all of these countries to show a balanced variety of options.

France:
Bonifacio, Bastia, Cannes, Menton, Nice, Villefranche sur Mer, Biarritz, Saint-de-Luz, Toulon, Cerbere, Ajaccio, Piana

Italy:
Sanremo, Amalfi coast, Trieste, Genoa, Lido di Ostia, Venice, Cinque-Terre, Imperia, Ventimiglia

Spain:
San Sebastian, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca

Portugal:
Faro, Viana Castelo, Figueira da Foz

Croatia:
Dubrovnik, Split, Zadar

Greece: Mykonos, Hydra island

Romania:
Costinesti, Eforie Sud, Constanta/Mamaia, Vama Veche

Bulgaria:
Tyulenovo, Kavarna, Varna

Norway: Bergen, Alesund
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe