Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 03:13 AM

52 posts, read 173,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I have a Spanish relatives, they look Caucassion, people think their British, until they speak, then they think theyre Spanish - apart from the younger ones (my cousins) people still think theyre English when they speak becasuse they speak English with an English accent (must be becasuse theyre English eh!) Some people in Spain look like Latin Americans as I understand it some people in Spain don't. I've heard rumours that some Spanish people can easily be mistaken for somebody French or even Portuguese!! I once saw a Spanish person with blonde hair!!! Is Fernando Torres really Spanish! He looks like he comes from Luxembourg to me!
Some Latin Americans (maybe 40 to 50 million of them) look Spanish or Italian, since they are descendants of Spanish or Italian immigrants. Mexicans in Spain, not in the US, look Spanish because they are mostly descendants of Spanish that come as tourists. They are classed as one of the tourist groups that spends more money per capita. Brazilians, Argentineans, etc, tourists are also Spanish or European in origin. There are certainly blondes, rather dirty blondes, occasional redhairs, etc. It does not have to do with regions, in the same family there might be blondes, brunettes, dark haired people, etc.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreocookiexo View Post
Well that is because Mexicans have some Spanish descent, some close to full.

The thing with this question is, most Latin Americans have enough non-Spanish ancestry that they would stick out in a group of Spaniards more than a random European would, even if you can readily identify some Spanish features on them, because the non-Euro admixture would make a greater difference.
Depends of the country and above all, on their social class. Most Argentineans, Uruguayans, Brazilians, Mexicans, Cubans (from Miami) that come to Spain as tourists are indistinguishable unless they open their mouth. I can't tell them apart.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
The second picture is from Collioure (in the background), in the French Catalonia.
The castells are a commando to recover a lost town of the empire.. Politicians here are always sending them to Catalunya Nord as they say...but up there they are up to the neck of jumelages..we have a jumelage with les Bagneres de Luchon, their kids are always here.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:33 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,865 times
Spaniards are European so they look European. There are some Latin Americans who look European though.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:38 AM

Becuase they are descendants from Europeans, including Irish, Welsh, etc,

Old 06-16-2013, 04:48 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,865 times
Yes especially Argentinians. They are mostly Spanish and Italian but a sizeable amount are of Welsh and Irish ancestry. Che Quevara was of Irish descent.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:32 AM

84 posts, read 225,074 times
They look European, there are more blondies there than people expect, and many people don't have dark eyes specially in Galicia.
There are also gingers! natural ones... these blondies and gingers don't have nothern ancestors in most of cases.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,387,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Examples please?

I don't think Spanish look Latin American, if anything I think they look more French in nature with Arab ancestry in the South, just my opinion though...
Well, Spaniards like most people of the Mediterranean have been mixed throughout their long history. That is only natural. You have blond Spaniards up north and darker in the south. It is the Latin Americans that might look like the Spaniards not the other way around. The Spaniards have an overall Mediterranean look to them.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 AM

Not all Mediterranean at all, there's a sizable proportion that is continental and northeners. No difference between Northern and Southern Spaniards. All Europeans are thoroughly mixed.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrinho View Post
They look European, there are more blondies there than people expect, and many people don't have dark eyes specially in Galicia.
There are also gingers! natural ones... these blondies and gingers don't have nothern ancestors in most of cases.
There are many gingers in Asturias, northern Castille. In Asturias, many people have reddish hair that happens to be the same that the colour of their race of cows. Redhair women in Asturies are called Asturconas, a race of redhaired wild horses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe