Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:23 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times

Advertisements

They are upset because the franchised outlets called "M" in France have very little in common with US McDonald restaurants. It's like comparing apples and oranges. And the food those French outlets serve is downright filthy, much worse than their US counterparts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 06:41 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,730,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You seriously think they built 2000 McDonalds just for the American tourist?
It's pretty obvious that they did. Utmost charming places like Morangis or Issoudun are crowded with American tourists, hence the McDonald's.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
Yes in Europe they don't have traditional mcds food.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
I just came back from a vacation in France, and noticed the McDonald's TV ads in France carry a notice/message at the bottom of the screen - which says "For your health, eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly." Almost like the warning label on cigarette packages.

McDonalds is popular enough in France such that they can run ads and that the government authorities felt compelled to include public service warnings/attention on the implied health dangers of fast food (if consumed excessively).

Old 09-19-2013, 04:05 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
McDonalds is popular enough in France such that they can run ads and that the government authorities felt compelled to include public service warnings/attention on the implied health dangers of fast food (if consumed excessively)

Yes and I believe it is a shame. The success of "M" (as they dub themselves now as M for "mmmm...yummy" so pretentious by the way for junk food) in France as been made to the expense of small family restaurants and is bad news for the general image of a country which prides itself to be a Mecca for foodies and for its refined food & wines.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:43 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,730,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I just came back from a vacation in France, and noticed the McDonald's TV ads in France carry a notice/message at the bottom of the screen - which says "For your health, eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly." Almost like the warning label on cigarette packages.

McDonalds is popular enough in France such that they can run ads and that the government authorities felt compelled to include public service warnings/attention on the implied health dangers of fast food (if consumed excessively).
They include these messages on all the processed food ads. That's not a McDonald's thing.
Messages sanitaires sur les publicités - MangerBouger (sorry in French)

Old 09-19-2013, 05:58 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
Don't speak French.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You're going back 18 years for a thread?
What about ancient cultural history is relevant today?

Oh, there's this:

Maybe because what they serve is not food, and if the French know anything, it's food.
Maybe they should rename them to McMaggots

Old 09-20-2013, 03:49 AM

205 posts, read 520,316 times
MacDonalds is just a grain of mustard compared to the billions and billions of local/european franchises, some of those homegrown franchises are downwight vomitive.

I'd venture to say that I'd rather eat at a MacDonalds that at any of those "cosmic tofu tapas" franchises or franchises that sell you pizza while they cut your hair and sell you tattoos....and there are chinese girls lurking offering some uncertian service, massage?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:31 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
I don't know why people even go to restaurants. I only trust the food I prepare myself. When I was young, my mother used to prepare my lunch and I took it with me every day. When I worked as an employee, I prepared my own stuff and took it with me. I hate eating out.

I eat mostly healthy staple foods like rice etc., and when I compare how much food I get for the same price, McDonalds is a total loser, not to mention quality and health aspects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe