Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 04:15 AM

6 posts, read 9,439 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone iv accidentally created this thread in the wrong forum section so il start it again here, Just out of curiosity i wanted to know if anyone had been over here and been to places "Apart" from typically London??? i live in the north of England so im kind of fascinated to know where IF you have come here you went & of cause did you enjoy it?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...l#post31384291
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 07:10 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,237,699 times
My husband and I went to England and spent about a week in Yorkshire earlier this year. WE LOVED IT. We stayed in Pateley Bridge and spent our vacation traveling around the Dales and Moors. We especially liked Whitby on the coast, as well as the whole area around Pateley Bridge.

It was a terrific trip and we LOVE Yorkshire. We WILL be back!

Old 09-14-2013, 10:28 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,849,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishk View Post
Hi Everyone iv accidentally created this thread in the wrong forum section so il start it again here, Just out of curiosity i wanted to know if anyone had been over here and been to places "Apart" from typically London??? i live in the north of England so im kind of fascinated to know where IF you have come here you went & of cause did you enjoy it?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...l#post31384291

Yes. I've been to Cardiff, Wales and Manchester, Portsmouth, London in England. I loved every bit of my visit to your country. Beautiful scenery and great people. I've been there around five times, and plan to go back again and again.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 AM

2,096 posts, read 4,750,683 times
Nope, but my mom has and my grandmother was from London!!!

I would really like to visit the north of England, I wouldn't bypass it like many people. Newcastle seems interesting.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:02 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,806,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My husband and I went to England and spent about a week in Yorkshire earlier this year. WE LOVED IT. We stayed in Pateley Bridge and spent our vacation traveling around the Dales and Moors. We especially liked Whitby on the coast, as well as the whole area around Pateley Bridge.

It was a terrific trip and we LOVE Yorkshire. We WILL be back!
I'll second this. My mom lived in North Yorkshire for five years and I visited her in the summer four times. She lived in a Harrogate which is a beautiful town known as a "Spa Town", lovely Victorian architecture and known for its hanging flower baskets on every corner and the area around it is stunning. It is also just a short drive to York, a charming town with lots of Tudor architecture and a famous cathedral.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:49 PM

6 posts, read 9,439 times
Hi everyone, its intresting to know the people that went to Yorkshire love it as i'm from there i am a Yorkshireman :-) as is with most towns/cities around the world there is some people who bring the place down a bit but in yorkshire we are a good bunch of people, Lincolnshire and Lancashire are also lovely places! if you want a place to stay that is really something i worked at both of these hotels and i have to say i loved working there at them both they have fantastic surroundings.

Peveril of the Peak | Country House in Peak District

& this one is Coombe abbey which was the best out of the two, they are run by different companies so no relation what so ever..

Coombe Abbey Hotel - No Ordinary Hotel, Unique Hotel in Warwickshire with Free wifi internet

Old 09-16-2013, 04:23 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,469,930 times
I spent some weeks in the south, Hampshire zone in the countriside, the lanscapes are great and the cottages very cute sorrounded by sheeps, but it is extremely relaxing for me, I am mote city lover.
The town of Winchester is nice by the way.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:43 PM

14,613 posts, read 17,299,205 times
I guess you mean beside Stonehenge.

I've been to Southampton for work, which has been inhabited since the stone age so I guess it qualifies as Old England.

My area in Pennsylvania was named after Northamptonshire and Easton Neston (a country house near Towcester). The house was bought in 2005 for £15 million by Leonid Maxovich Rodovinski , now Leon Max (born 1954 in Saint Petersburg, Russia) but living in USA since 1972. He started a line of clothing stores in 1979, and is obviously a multi-millionaire today.

American visitors in 2012 numbered 2,840,000. Many of them went outside of London. Flights to airports other than London, I believe only originate from New York City.

In 2012 15.5 million international visitors spent time in the capital. The rest of England attracted 12.8 million inbound visitors. Scotland attracted 2.2 million visitors and Wales 0.9 million visits.

Last edited by PacoMartin; 09-17-2013 at 06:20 PM..

Old 09-18-2013, 01:00 PM

14,802 posts, read 17,559,019 times
England is ok, Scotland makes for a much better visit.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:10 PM

1,661 posts, read 2,518,025 times
I am planning a trip to Europe next year and want to go to England, but don't really even want to go to London that bad. Where in "old England" is a must?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe