Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ukraine in EU?
Like 79 38.54%
Dislike 126 61.46%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:15 AM

251 posts, read 396,335 times

Advertisements

Ukraine will just be another waste of space like Greece, so no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 07:57 AM

23 posts, read 17,036 times
I really hope that will enter.
But now our main problem is the enemy to the East-Russia.
Own forces and the forces of the world community it is necessary to stop the aggressor,and then move in the European direction.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:09 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times
Going through the first couple of pages is quite eye-opening. The mentality of the Russians and the Chinese truly bear some striking resemblance.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:22 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Unfortunately it probably would be a bad day in hell to Russua if Ukraine was in NATO and in the EU as well . Double barrel fun! But really it probably is the only realistic way to keep the bear from gnawing at the Ukrainian bone. The quicker the better so as Ukraine could get another start. Russia just cannot offer her too much. The proof is in the destruction.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:28 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1992 View Post
There is no unitary society in the Ukraine. West, East and Crimea are parts of the country with the different history, that is very difficult for any integration either with the EC or with Russia. Anyway as a result it will be lots of protesting people, but West has more active people than in other parts of the country. Many of them were the participants of The Orange revolution when the current president Yanukovych had got his first political fiasco. I think he have to remember about it .
But those maneuvers do not matter for simple people. All of them want to build their good life in their country as soon as possible.
What do we think about Russia in this situation? Our big neighbour shows us his pragmatical position but sometimes do it not very well.
This is known but you're right, there are such people.
This thread is interesting, given the dates the posts were made, for example, the post above (I put in bold a highlight).

Old 04-13-2015, 07:38 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
The question if I like Ukraine joining EU, I understand the question. I just don't know how to look at the question.

If I was Ukrainian and was looking for the better future of Ukraine, I would say join some-one ASAP, either Russia or EU, just do it fast. Incidentally, I love how Ukraine passes resolutions to join EU. I have not seen anything from the EU that would indicate EU might actually want them. During Maidan I opened Wiki page on EU Ukraine relations and I did not find anything from EU that would imply that.

If I was to solve this for the better good of Russia, then simply put Ukraine either Russian or Neutral in terms of NATO membership. Russia will not allow Ukraine to join NATO. If Ukraine joins Russia the trade would generate some income for both countries. In the short term Russia would be economically better then EU for Ukraine. In the long term I don't know. I can not answer the question "What is future of EU".

From the stand point of EU, well EU is practicing simple politeness when dealing with Ukraine. How much money does EU has to pump into Ukraine, does EU has this money...

I am US citizen, so from the stand point of America, most of us here can't name the continent that Ukraine is on. We know that it neighbors Russia so we want to install "military bases". Nukes pointing at Moscow. We can easily reach Moscow with our current setup. So those rocket installations are just a parade for making pun of Putin.

I think the real poll would be does any-one really care about Ukraine?

But I really don't know how to vote in this poll. I will have to think about it.

Do most Europeans think that Ukraine is in Europe ?

Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 PM

Our main problem now is a war in the East with Russia.
When the war is over I think joining the EU and NATO for Ukraine is inevitable,as there is no other way,ties with Russia are spoiled forever.
Special thanks to the international community,particularly the United States of America,if not for their support and the pressure on Russia - Ukraine wouldn't have been as a state,Russia would have occupied not only the Crimea and possibly all of Ukraine,or at least would have made an attempt to do so,would have been killed very many people.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:44 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by predator36 View Post
When the war is over I think joining the EU and NATO for Ukraine is inevitable,as there is no other way,ties with Russia are spoiled forever.
Special thanks to the international community,particularly the United States of America,if not for their support and the pressure on Russia - Ukraine wouldn't have been as a state,Russia would have occupied not only the Crimea and possibly all of Ukraine,or at least would have made an attempt to do so,would have been killed very many people.
What can you offer to EU other than your current hatred for Russia/Moscow?
Anything of value?

Old 04-13-2015, 10:53 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by predator36 View Post
You are not spoiled relations with Russia. Russians live a normal life. 90% of Russians do not watch the news from Ukraine. You spoiled relations with the residents of eastern Ukraine. And you do not join NATO anyway.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:26 PM

[Цитата=Maksim_Frolov;39211486]You are not spoiled relations with Russia. Russians live a normal life. 90% of Russians do not watch the news from Ukraine. You spoiled relations with the residents of eastern Ukraine. And you do not join NATO anyway..[/Цитата]
Hello dear Russian "brother"!
Just give me you,inhabitant of the South-East will not tell cheap propaganda your media,right?
You hate everything Ukrainian,you hate our Freedom,our culture and our European choice,you illegally invaded Crimea,you are killing Ukrainians in Donetsk and Lugansk.
And you tell me here about the attitude...Come walk with Russian flag on any square, you'll know.This dialogue will prefer to finish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe