U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-09-2013, 06:08 PM
 
4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
Reputation: 1408

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
Overseas departments and territories voted and decided to be part of France. All their inhabitants have exactly the same rights as other French people, and have the French citizenship. If those are colonies, so California and Hawaii are colonies as well.. And maybe the USA should give back their lands to the American Indians...
For example in Comoros, 3 of the 4 islands decided to be independent. Only Mayotte voted to stay French. The three islands are a mess and I can tell you all the natives from Mayotte prefer to be ruled from Paris than from Moroni.



Twice ? We don't know who would have won the WW1 if the US didn't enter the war. Most historians think the war would have lasted a couple of more years, and ended with a draw, and all Europeans countries so broke they couldn't repay their loans to the USA. And even if one of the two sides won, they wouldn't have enough power left to ask anything close to the Versailles Treaty.
The allies freed France during the WWII and we are thankful for that, but don't use one, and huge, success in our common History to rewrite the whole Story.



Haha I didn't know about that. It's funny because it's little name in French is the "mal de Naples".. or Neapolitan disease. We've got a lot of words like that in French as well, but the funnier is this one :
Filer l'anglaise = slip away [like an Englishman]= to take French leave
But in the end most Europeans languages inherited the French expression.

1-We know how they vote under french colonial rules,all votes are undemocratic and biaised.
Algeria along its history,have seen so many votes during the french occupation,all of them were in favor of the french settlers.
We have seen the vote in New Caledonia were the settlers fraudulently won the elections.
Under french occupation,no elections are free,so the propaganda that you're preaching is very well known by the natives of each country.
Again,you're coming with that ugly colonial refrain,that people in Comoros prefer to be colonized than free,you have the nerve to say that.
BTW,the native never choose to be colonized,they have sometimes no choice but to surrender to french financial and military power.
All the economies of these small islands are held by the french settlers,so there absolutely no democraty,no human right,zero.


2-You can find thousands of excuses but the bottom line,without the US intervention in France,the french would be speaking german today,that's all.

 
Old 12-09-2013, 06:56 PM
 
7,593 posts, read 9,446,457 times
Reputation: 8954
Those Faux News idiots would be forced to eat their own words if they knew the history of the French in WW1, who fought tremendously against the Germans ( with the help of the British) to keep the Germans out of Paris; the casualties were atrociously high..

Bsically, the scene of out the famous book/movie, "All Quiet on the Western Front".
 
Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,647 posts, read 74,595,623 times
Reputation: 48140
i think what americans fail to see is if you are asking for bravery and self sacrifice, france is the size of california. to wipe out the population of california for a well equipment modern army is not difficult.
that is what france has faced several times. yes they did some ducking an dodging but please consider the size of france and the size of the united states and what would be acceptable losses for us b4 we folded.
 
Old 12-09-2013, 07:16 PM
 
4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
Reputation: 1408
Was it during the franco-prussian war,were parisians under siege were forced to eat rats ?
 
Old 12-09-2013, 10:07 PM
 
15,034 posts, read 13,621,855 times
Reputation: 6916
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
It's not a nonsense,germans demonstrated their superiority over the french,they defeated France twice if it was not US help,french people would be speaking german today.
Not rule,civilize the french.
Right. And the fact that Russians did beat Germans in the WWII makes their culture superior to German culture.
You are utterly confused about the difference between "culture" and "military machine." You obviously have some issue with the French, but do you even know anything about Europe sufficiently enough that you bring such odd arguments here?

Quote:
So you're applauding colonisers,you' re saying if colonisation was not good,why immigrants come to ur country,that's a horrible idea
Now put it in English please that I'd understand what you are talking about.

Quote:
Colonialism is a legal robbery system,so Mandela was wrong ?
You tell me yourself, whether he was right or wrong;

"In post-apartheid South Africa, unemployment has been extremely high as the country has struggled with many changes. While many blacks have risen to middle or upper classes, the overall unemployment rate of blacks worsened between 1994 and 2003.[41] Poverty among whites, previously rare, increased.[42] In addition, the current government has struggled to achieve the monetary and fiscal discipline to ensure both redistribution of wealth and economic growth. Since the ANC-led government took power, the United Nations Human Development Index of South Africa has fallen, while it was steadily rising until the mid-1990s.[43] Some may be attributed to the HIV/AIDS pandemic, and the failure of the government to take steps to address it in the early years.[44]"

South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see, when "legal robbery system" was gone, for some strange reason or the other that didn't help Africans too much. So there is obviously something else going on, where you can't blame solely the "oppressors" in all the troubles that the "oppressed" suffer.
 
Old 12-09-2013, 10:11 PM
 
15,034 posts, read 13,621,855 times
Reputation: 6916
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Was it during the franco-prussian war,were parisians under siege were forced to eat rats ?
Why such question? Eating rats is not as bad as resorting to cannibalism, that happens from time to time in the darkest hours of the history of human kind.
Usually when people are trying to put someone down in this manner, it indicates the inferiority complex big time.
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:30 AM
 
Location: American Expat
2,189 posts, read 4,714,003 times
Reputation: 1875
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiffrace View Post
Now, on to the subject of alleged French "cowardice". As you correctly pointed out, France has a long and impressive military history, from Vercingetorix to Charlemagne to Napoleon to Foch. France fought heroically, and suffered horrendous losses as recently as WWI. What happened after WWI is interesting. The hundreds of thousands of dead and maimed French soldiers caused a shell-shock, or "post traumatic stress disorder" to use watered-down current name, on a national scale.
It appears that when Germans invaded in 1940, the majority of the French did not want to go through the WWI suffering and losses again. The surprise of German panzer divisions invading Belgium and Holland to circumvent the Maginot Line added to the overall effect. While France did fight a little in 1940, it was far less it should and could have, considering its resources.
It also must be added that not all the French were happy with the quick surrender.
General Charles de Gaulle left the country to form the Free French Forces.
Thanks to his courage
, France ended the war along the Russia, US and Britain in the camp of the victors, not alongside the defeated Germany and Japan.
He fled the country and went to the U.K. While he was safe and playing commander in chief, and didn't have to worry about a thing, everybody else was doing the dirty work for him in France. People were deported and killed while he tried to figure out how to play president from the U.K.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
Overseas departments and territories voted and decided to be part of France. All their inhabitants have exactly the same rights as other French people, and have the French citizenship. If those are colonies, so California and Hawaii are colonies as well.. And maybe the USA should give back their lands to the American Indians...
For example in Comoros, 3 of the 4 islands decided to be independent. Only Mayotte voted to stay French. The three islands are a mess and I can tell you all the natives from Mayotte prefer to be ruled from Paris than from Moroni.
Sure they do. Who wouldn't like poverty and high unemployment.

Last edited by Glucorious; 12-10-2013 at 01:38 AM..
 
Old 12-10-2013, 05:22 AM
 
4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
Reputation: 1408
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Right. And the fact that Russians did beat Germans in the WWII makes their culture superior to German culture.
You are utterly confused about the difference between "culture" and "military machine." You obviously have some issue with the French, but do you even know anything about Europe sufficiently enough that you bring such odd arguments here?
The confused one is you,just like you have issue with the americans,the russian were not alone,thanks to american help,russia did not beat Germany alone.
German were also superior to the russians.

Last edited by scobby; 12-10-2013 at 05:33 AM..
 
Old 12-10-2013, 05:29 AM
 
4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
Reputation: 1408
The confused one is you,just like you have issue with the americans,the russian were not alone,thanks to american help,russia did not beat Germany alone.
German were also superior to the russians

that's your problem,if i don't understand something,i don't respond,i just skip it,if you continue the debate,that means you understand everything


Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
.
[youtube][youtube]You tell me yourself, whether he was right or wrong;

"In post-apartheid South Africa, unemployment has been extremely high as the country has struggled with many changes. While many blacks have risen to middle or upper classes, the overall unemployment rate of blacks worsened between 1994 and 2003.[41] Poverty among whites, previously rare, increased.[42] In addition, the current government has struggled to achieve the monetary and fiscal discipline to ensure both redistribution of wealth and economic growth. Since the ANC-led government took power, the United Nations Human Development Index of South Africa has fallen, while it was steadily rising until the mid-1990s.[43] Some may be attributed to the HIV/AIDS pandemic, and the failure of the government to take steps to address it in the early years.[44]"

South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see, when "legal robbery system" was gone, for some strange reason or the other that didn't help Africans too much. So there is obviously something else going on, where you can't blame solely the "oppressors" in all the troubles that the "oppressed" suffer.
That's crap,are you suggesting to South Africans to go back to the apartheid system,to have a good economy under a white supremacist governement ? is wikipedia,the new testament ?
 
Old 12-10-2013, 05:38 AM
 
4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
Reputation: 1408
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Why such question? Eating rats is not as bad as resorting to cannibalism, that happens from time to time in the darkest hours of the history of human kind.
Usually when people are trying to put someone down in this manner, it indicates the inferiority complex big time.
It shows that french were defeated several times in several occasions,we don't know if it's better,you have to ask the parisians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top