U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 09:32 AM

15,034 posts, read 13,621,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
The confused one is you,just like you have issue with the americans,the russian were not alone,thanks to american help,russia did not beat Germany alone.
German were also superior to the russians

that's your problem,if i don't understand something,i don't respond,i just skip it,if you continue the debate,that means you understand everything

That's crap,are you suggesting to South Africans to go back to the apartheid system,to have a good economy under a white supremacist governement ? is wikipedia,the new testament ?
No, it's you who is trying to invent your own "New Testament" here.
I'd advise you to proceed to History forum and read all the posts of NJ Goat there. He explained with facts and figures once and for all why it was Russia that has beaten Germany in WWII, and the US help had little to do with it. ( And yes, he is an American who simply knows history, instead of inventing the myths as you do.) "Culture" has got nothing to do with it in this case, it was all about the military machine as I've already said.
As for African apartheid, you need to answer question to yourself - is it solely the oppressors who do harm to the "oppressed," or is it something about the "oppressed" themselves that drags them down, when they can't point a finger to anyone except for at themselves.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:24 AM

554 posts, read 687,008 times
Quote:
It shows that french were defeated several times in several occasions,we don't know if it's better,you have to ask the parisians.
I'm Parisian. Never ate a rat. Thank you for your concern. How is it to shoot a German ? Because, ya'know I never carried a real gun, just wood sticks and baguettes.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:16 PM

1,789 posts, read 1,797,461 times
This is an argument that nobody is going to win.

Each of us has our own views of other nationalities based upon what our parents taught us, what we learned in school, and our own encounters with people from other nations.

I loved the French countryside and small villages. St Emillion is one of my favorite places and, if I get a chance, I look for wine from there.

So, who cares what others think of the French? What do the French this of themselves? That's all that's important.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:02 PM

4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No, it's you who is trying to invent your own "New Testament" here.
I'd advise you to proceed to History forum and read all the posts of NJ Goat there. He explained with facts and figures once and for all why it was Russia that has beaten Germany in WWII, and the US help had little to do with it. ( And yes, he is an American who simply knows history, instead of inventing the myths as you do.) "Culture" has got nothing to do with it in this case, it was all about the military machine as I've already said.
As for African apartheid, you need to answer question to yourself - is it solely the oppressors who do harm to the "oppressed," or is it something about the "oppressed" themselves that drags them down, when they can't point a finger to anyone except for at themselves.
That's all crap,i don't buy any of your ideas,i let you live with that.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:05 PM

4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
I'm Parisian. Never ate a rat. Thank you for your concern. How is it to shoot a German ? Because, ya'know I never carried a real gun, just wood sticks and baguettes.
Sorry,the history books written by europeans and french historians reported stories about parisian eating rats during the franco-prussian war and the siege of Paris.

Your ancestors certainly did,it is a fact.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:25 PM

15,034 posts, read 13,621,855 times
Quote:
Sorry,the history books written by europeans and french historians reported stories about parisian eating rats during the franco-prussian war and the siege of Paris.

That's all crap,i don't buy any of your ideas,i let you live with that. ©

Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 PM

86 posts, read 154,302 times
Some education on French-American Relations

French and American Relations - YouTube

Old 12-11-2013, 02:34 AM

1,264 posts, read 2,150,742 times
Quote:

Paris is not a city of native where people live here since several generation.
It is pretty much a city of migration.
If Paris has more than 10 million inhabitants, it is not because of a high birthrate (it is only a recent trend) but because moved to Paris from all of France and the world.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:38 AM

554 posts, read 687,008 times
Quote:

Like Minato ku said, I don't have any ancestor from Paris. But I'm sure, I have at least one ancestor who ate rats, every population had to eat rats one day or another. Wars, diseases, famines, etc are an old story.
And I'm sure some of your ancestors had too. I assume you are American. White, Asian, Native, or Black don't matter. Every country and nation had been defeated in a war at least once and its people starved to death at least once. But, maybe, new countries with a too recent History. But your not a synthetic person, you have ancestors from these others nations. I'm sure many of your ancestors ate rats as well. And should I remind you most of the immigrations waves to the US were from people around the world fleeing (with their common sense, not because they were cowards) wars, poverty and famines..
Take China, one of the oldest and most interesting civilization, how much time did they lose wars or starve ?
Your comments are like a young American, saying to his old man he was stupid to be in favour of the segregation. The young guy is just a product of his time, like was the old man in his own time. You can't really judge that, if he was born in the same times, he would certainly have ended racist as well. You can only critic people who, with their actions, tried to move things or didn't follow a new trend. SS and GI's during the second world war for example. Bad and good side. And, again, I seriously thanks all the allies soldiers who fought during the WWII.

ps. by the way, if Parisians ate rats, it's because they didn't want to surrender. So chose your side, surrender, no surrender ? And when you don't have any rat left, what do you do ? Do you let your people die one by one from starvation like Vercingétorix did ?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:33 AM

1,524 posts, read 3,458,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimeyBill View Post
I love ratatouille
Reminded me of this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or