Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 06:30 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Hey! I did not base my conclusion only one study done in 2006. Please read my previous statements. The results published by the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the New York times were in 2013, almost two years ago. There is also a study done separately in 2010. I am not denying that there might be similarities between Southern Italians, Sicilians and Jews, probably linked to their eastern Mediterranean origins. However the Ashkenaz were found to be closest to Northern Italians. So overall modern-day Italians are the Europeans who are genetically closest to European Jews. This is perfectly comprehensible.
I re-read your post I really don't disagree over-all with it.

The only thing I would add is that although the coalescense of Ashenazi Jews likely occurred in Northern Italy Southern Italians are more similar and it is due to the ancient Near East input in Southern Italians as you stated.

What DNA has shown is the Early European Farmers have origins in the Fertile Crescent where farming began 10-12,000 years ago and from there migrated to Europe, therefore the Middle Eastern part of Jewish DNA has a common origins with Early European Farmers. What many people don't think about is that the Jewish religion which is basal to the three Abrahamic was formed at most 4,000 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 04:48 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,937,370 times
A Jewish friend of mine, Howard, is an elderly gentleman who lives in Manhattan. He showed me his family tree - his nearest European ancestors were from Poland and he is of 100% Ashkenazi descent. He submitted his DNA to Family Tree DNA to determine his Haplotype and Haplogroups and discovered 30% of it was Sardinian and Southern Italian DNA "markers."

BTW "Ashkenaz" is the Hebrew word for "Germany." "Sepharad" means "Spain."

Apparently after the suppression of the Jewish Revolt against the Roman Empire and the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem, most Judeans were carted off to Rome as slaves and laborers. As the Roman Empire declined, Jews migrated to the Rhineland, Burgundy, and to other parts of Europe, including the British Isles.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:22 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
A Jewish friend of mine, Howard, is an elderly gentleman who lives in Manhattan. He showed me his family tree - his nearest European ancestors were from Poland and he is of 100% Ashkenazi descent. He submitted his DNA to Family Tree DNA to determine his Haplotype and Haplogroups and discovered 30% of it was Sardinian and Southern Italian DNA "markers."

BTW "Ashkenaz" is the Hebrew word for "Germany." "Sepharad" means "Spain."

Apparently after the suppression of the Jewish Revolt against the Roman Empire and the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem, most Judeans were carted off to Rome as slaves and laborers. As the Roman Empire declined, Jews migrated to the Rhineland, Burgundy, and to other parts of Europe, including the British Isles.

A 2006 study found Ashkenazi Jews to be a clear, homogeneous genetic subgroup. Strikingly, regardless of the place of origin, Ashkenazi Jews can be grouped in the same genetic cohort – that is, regardless of whether an Ashkenazi Jew's ancestors came from Poland, Russia, Hungary, Lithuania, or any other place with a historical Jewish population, they belong to the same ethnic group. This could be due to the fact that their strict marriage clauses, where they usually married those who also Jewish or incorporated others in the Jewish body or group. This, without them knowing kept the "Jewish" genes in the majority.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:46 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I doubt it some of them are Italian. There beliefs are based on ideology not science anyway it doesn't matter how much science you present them with they will cherry pick whatever supports their views and ignore what doesn't.

Those people are as dangerous as the muslim loonies we have over here.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:19 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,309,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
I don't know the ultimate reason of the question.

Do STORMFRONTERS need a reason to target Italians?
Unlikely, Italians seem to be overrepresented among racists. Their soccer hooligans throw bananas at their own teams! In the USA, italian americans are the most racist group of people you will meet. However, they seem to stick to casual racism rather than organized stormfront racism.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:19 PM
AFP

Quote:
Those people are as dangerous as the muslim loonies we have over here.
Strangely the only Italian racists that I have come across online were people of Italian descent living in Brazil.

In my line of work, which I won't specify ,I've come across racists that are White, Black, and Brown I have noticed that many come from very poor and dysfunctional backgrounds. Usually when speaking to them one on one they behave like regular people, but when they are in groups of like minds their demeanor changes.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:18 AM

I'm talking about the trolls from Stormfront, most usually have less than 50 posts. I guess they act like those loonies in Syria. They are indeed very dangerous. What I find strange is the way the same individual manages 100 different nicks.

Last edited by Miserere; 02-17-2015 at 11:32 AM..

Old 02-17-2015, 08:37 PM
AFP

Quote:
I'm talking about the trolls from Stormfront, most usually have less than 50 posts. I guess they act like those loonies in Syria. They are indeed very dangerous. What I find strange is the way the same individual manages 100 different nicks.
I am sure you have heard of the cliche many times keep your friends close but your enemies closer. You don't have to wonder what their views are it is very clear, also if they are hanging around it's probably because they want to interact not kill someone. It doesn't make me uncomfortable, although I have no plans on posting my address.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:43 AM

Who cares?
The FBI probably knows.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:18 PM

614 posts, read 3,211,010 times
Here's something.. listen to these two songs. The first is a Sicilian song, the second is an Ashkenazi song in Yiddish. Listen to how much they sound alike -- instruments, rhythm and style. Actually kind of weird.

Sicilian song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3-YxT_GKXE

Ashkenazi song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VEA1XtEDH8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe