Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 07:25 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Read is post again. Besides that, the number is probably wrong.

Let me re-post it specially for you here;

Ураза-байрам 2011 в Москве. Соборная мечеть. - YouTube

Курбан-Байрам-2013 в Москве. Без комментариев . - YouTube

Does Moscow look "diverse" enough now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 07:35 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Even being slave labor, they are better off than in their home countries, that is why they flock to Russia. Like one stat I read, one out of five Kyrgyzs work outside Kyrgyzstan, that is the condition of those countries.
No arguments here.
During Soviet times those republics were subsidized by Russia, so Kyrgyzs and Tajiks were staying put in their own lands.
After they were let go, their economy is in shambles, so obviously they are flocking to Moscow ( and other major Russian cities) in search of jobs. This is bringing the resentment in Russians who feel that their "newly rich" are taking the advantage of the situation, hiring the cheap labor for pennies, instead of paying decent money to Russian workers. It's a common sentiment over there.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:37 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The only reason there is racial overtone is because of the OP, implying that by being white, there is no diversity, when in fact there is much diversity between whites. The racial overtone comes from the fact anyone ever talks about "diversity", it means to have more non-white people, as if non-whites are owed some sort of special pass to predominately white countries, this is why another poster brought up what about diversity in Japan or India.

The trend is to criticize predominately white areas for diversity, even in the US this happens, but you will not hear someone criticize a predominately black or Hispanic area for the lack of diversity (well, they will criticize Hispanic areas for not being diverse if they are from Cuba, everyone else gets a pass).
Did you actually read my post? LOL

Old 12-26-2013, 12:06 AM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times

It is diverse enough for me, but not for the OP. According to the OP, it is not diverse unless there are lots of black people.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:58 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Eastern Europe has a larger amount of Gypsies than Western Europe. Eastern Europe is not all lilly White. Especially if you head to Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Slovakia.

Anyway here are some kids from Solvakia:

Last edited by other99; 12-26-2013 at 01:15 AM..

Old 12-26-2013, 07:39 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Did you actually read my post? LOL
Yes, that is why I bolded the part I did, as I was only responding to that part.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:00 AM

169 posts, read 129,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronoco View Post
So the Western Euro cities are all really diverse now which is awesome, but Eastern Europe is still lily white. Don't you think it would be a great idea for those countries to become diverse too, or are the people there still just way too racist to dig that kind of thing? I think cities like Warsaw and Moscow would be MUCH cooler if they were 30% minorities
This hasn't aged well after 2014/2015...

Old 07-27-2021, 02:59 PM

89 posts, read 49,160 times
who needs diversity it just bring problems. like the guys above me said. if there is o blacks itis not diversity. lol no black life great call it racist or what ever but seeing usa and their big cities and wha they turn it into and who would want them into 1/20th of cities in e europe compared to usa big cities

Old 07-27-2021, 04:03 PM

66 posts, read 42,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronoco View Post
So the Western Euro cities are all really diverse now which is awesome, but Eastern Europe is still lily white. Don't you think it would be a great idea for those countries to become diverse too, or are the people there still just way too racist to dig that kind of thing? I think cities like Warsaw and Moscow would be MUCH cooler if they were 30% minorities
Who do Americans assume that just because people look like what they call white, then it means there is no diversity?

Budapest is full of "white" people and have jewish, gypsie neighrhoods.... historic areas full of all sorts of minorities.

you might assume in your American head it's all the same because to you their skin color is white, but that is on you.

Want diversity? Increase it in most of the USA where everyone speaks English, acts American, live like American, behave like American... having different skin colors does not mean diversity. Diversity comes with languages, religion, culture.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:51 PM

138 posts, read 73,476 times
There is a reason countries were formed. People with the same culture, beliefs, values, traditions wanted a piece of ground to have their way. Diversity is the worst thing to happen to some countries. I guess the OP is busy running around somewhere in a bad eastern european country with a megaphone crying about those bad white people that won't let the poor other skintoned people in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe