Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 06:28 PM

2,895 posts, read 5,105,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAdragon View Post
Almost, apparently:

Countries | InsidEUROPE.eu

Where the heck are going the rest of the money..
The absorption rate is the % of allocated (budgeted) funds that were actually spent. Romania at 26% only means that the EC spent 26% of the money it had allocated to Romania for the 2007-2013 cycle. It has nothing to do with how much Romania gives to the EU.

edit: the EU budget wiki has table showing that in 2009, the net contributors and beneficiaries of the EU are pretty much are expected, i.e. Germany, France, Denmark, UK, etc are net contributors, while countries in central and eastern Europe are net beneficiaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 PM

70 posts, read 67,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
The absorption rate is the % of allocated (budgeted) funds that were actually spent. Romania at 26% only means that the EC spent 26% of the money it had allocated to Romania for the 2007-2013 cycle. It has nothing to do with how much Romania gives to the EU.

edit: the EU budget wiki has table showing that in 2009, the net contributors and beneficiaries of the EU are pretty much are expected, i.e. Germany, France, Denmark, UK, etc are net contributors, while countries in central and eastern Europe are net beneficiaries.
I see, I think last time I had information about this was about 18 months ago, when the percentage was around 15%. It seems that in last year they recovered on a few somewhat huge projects.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:49 PM

4,654 posts, read 4,568,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Ditto Catalonia.
Not sure if Catalonia has its own parliament?

Old 01-21-2014, 07:32 PM

596 posts, read 714,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Not sure if Catalonia has its own parliament?
It does, as any other Spanish region.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:45 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,380,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvan_be View Post
Please do! The EU has only had trouble with the UK, America's spearhead in Europe. Most Europeans are more than fed up with a partner who is very keen in collecting profits, in the meanwhile lamenting like an old goat when they have to contribute.

It looks a lot like the US of A: both super powers, a long time in decline. A degrading infrastructure, large parts of the population hungry, education and health care down the drain and a Wall Street/London City making huge profits.

Let there be no misunderstanding: I truly believe that the Britisch people, as well as the Americans all dream the same modest dream: a decent life and a good future for their chiuldren.

Unfortunatly, we're ruled and have been ruled by the kind of war mongerers, who should be wipped off of the face of the earth such as Bush, Obama and Blair.
Lol are you trying to say the UK is the only nation in the EU with infrastructure, hunger, education and health care problems??

Come to think of it, i don't even think any of these are really a big issue in the UK.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:48 PM

4,654 posts, read 4,568,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
It does, as any other Spanish region.
Ok

Old 02-16-2014, 06:48 AM

169 posts, read 291,681 times
It will probably never happen although you can't blame them for wanting too. Europe my very well drag them down the tubes plus there is all this growing "WHAT IS THE WORD???""" HYPE OR FEAR or something of the two that Europe is becoming Germanocentric which basically means Germany is orchestrating and you can only imagine who much the Brits appreciate that. Although actually, nobody appreciates that and especially not southern europe as it is increasingly believed that Germany with it's large trade surplus is keeping wages low and the EURO strong which is having trickle down consequences for deeply troubled southern european countries. Have I gone off topic?
Yes, the Brits have been saying for a long time they wish to leave the EU and all the mess that it's in although it doesn't look like it will happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe