Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 02:16 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Alright, so every big protest that happens around the world we will just automatically blame the US.
I did not say "blame", I said I would not be surprised if the US was involved. My guess is by way of using third parties, such as the USAID backed groups, who in turn fund other groups, who in turn fund and seek out groups and individuals to stir the pot.

CIA level? I do not think so, but the CIA has been involved in seemingly less trivial things before. Look at the current American held hostage, turns out he was a contractor for the CIA, in which he was dealt with a bit illegally, thus his CIA handlers have been fired. If the CIA will illegally (according to their rules), send a "tourist" to iran to spy around, you really do not think the US gov would be involved with an event like this? The only thing more on the mind of the US gov more than the Middle East, is Russia. Even Senator McCain made a trip to Ukraine to show his support to the protesters (and a trip to Syria to show his support for the rebels).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 09:50 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The US has a long history on intervening in the internal affairs of other countries; from assassinations to backing anti-gov groups, it is not uncommon for the US to have some sort of presence in the internal affairs of a country they have interests in.
You know Boxus, as someone who received the political asylum in the US, I was shocked to learn one day about the US involvement ( and the devastating results for nascent democracy) that it brought to Russia.
I mean the facts were right in my face and I couldn't say any longer as usual in such cases that it was all "Soviet anti-American propaganda."
After that I was already not all that surprised when I've watched the documentary made by independent French journalists "Revolution.com." This documentary has been translated into Russian as "Revolution.com or the USA - conquest of the East." It describes in details what stood behind all those "velvet revolutions" in a number of countries that used to be in Russian sphere of influence, the American presence and their coaching of local "opposition." I still see this movie on YouTube in Russian translation

Ð*еволюция.com , или США - завоевание Востока - YouTube

and in Italian translation

Revolution.com - YouTube

(Interestingly enough I couldn't find any mentioning of this documentary in English.)
Needless to say this material has been used by pro-Putin's crowd against the opposition in Russia few years ago with vengeance. Things described in this documentary is something that simply can be neither ignored nor denied any longer.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:57 AM

102 posts, read 106,166 times
It's very funny, but if you understand how revolutions were made in other countries that's the same plan. Some governments of the world now have created resolutions against violence in Ukraine, but they sent it to Yanykovich. And if Yanykovich could stop this violence the main way to do it that he will allow his police to disperse all the rebels.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by And.Rej View Post
It's not fun at all. People are dying. Why some countries try to get for us "democracy" ? This is an "autocracy" and terror. Police CAN'T do ANYTHING for stop radical people in the street. Because all photo and TV cameras is waiting when the police will do something "hot"
Only two or three people were killed during whole period of protest. Their all death are not related with authorities, it's more seem to be as the provocation. This recipe worked the same earlier in Yugoslavia and now our country just break up to several little districts. War? Don't worry. While our neighbors worked we fighted with each other and now is the time when the real winner can come in.
Our life is being changed but may be go away all inner conflicts in the country which weren't very well for our whole development.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 PM

Yesterday anyone killed a policeman who went home from work.
http://mvs.gov.ua/mvs/control/main/u...article/966277
Just the policeman who worked as a guard and went home. Then there was attack at three policemen near barricades and one of them was injured with knife. Is it peaceful protest? It's provocation from side of rebels. They want to authorities start tread upon barricades and all photographers are ready for it. Then the voices will sound "Look at our snapshots!", "Yanykovich is a monster!".

Old 01-25-2014, 02:07 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,942 times
Quote:
Yesterday anyone killed a policeman who went home from work.
Then there was attack at three policemen near barricades and one of them was injured with knife. Is it peaceful protest? It's provocation from side of rebels
Will the EU condemn the rebels for that?

Last edited by Muscovite; 01-25-2014 at 02:36 AM..

Old 01-25-2014, 02:21 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Stunning pictures from the past two days. Photographers unknown/unidentified.
Spoiler

(dendidenko)

(Ilya Varlamov)

(Ilya Varlamov)

Last edited by Ariete; 01-25-2014 at 02:38 PM..

Old 01-25-2014, 02:38 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Will the EU condemn the rebels for that?
Russian spies.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:58 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Russian spies.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:59 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Russian spies.
Who? E.U?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe