Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I lived in China..
So what? China is too big and i don't think you asked many young chinese guys across the country same question and they were admiting they like german nazis.
If you met someone with this spiritual disease there - it doesn't prove that many chinese guys are fans of them.

BTW, I saw a few pics with naked chinese girls walking on the streets. So, can I claim that many chinese girls love to be naked in public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 12:07 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
for the most part, the only germans who like nazis are edgy racists and eastern skinheads. maybe they had good intentions for the german people, but they lost the war and germany had to pay a very huge price while hitler killed himself and abandoned the german people like a coward. a disproportionate amount of germans have family histories about being part of the resistance, so i think this speaks for the shame that the older generation feels about the whole situation. it's really quite sad, actually, that the modern history of germany has deprived a collectively-driven people of national pride and patriotism even 70 years later.
I think "views" are not just like or hate.
For example, Genghis Khan committed much more crimes than Hitler or anyone alike, even according to moral standards of that time. However, he is a hero in Mongolia.

In China, many people do not like him for obvious reasons, but it does not prevent people from "admiring" his military talents and achievements. It does not mean anyone wants another Genghis Khan.

Japan has put all the WWII war criminals in the Yasukuni Shrine, and their political leaders frequently visit there, despite China and Korea protest. I think Germany and Japan are very different in this regard.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
So what? China is too big and i don't think you asked many young chinese guys across the country same question and they were admiting they like german nazis.
If you met someone with this spiritual disease there - it doesn't prove that many chinese guys are fans of them.

BTW, I saw a few pics with naked chinese girls walking on the streets. So, can I claim that many chinese girls love to be naked in public?
I did not only live in China, but also speak Chinese and attended schools in China.
All my family members are Chinese.

I never said the majority of Chinese people blah blah, but many. It is very easy to find them online.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:09 AM

934 posts, read 1,128,667 times
I'm not a German. But internationally, the flavor I receive is of constant vigilance against the old guard and reminders of these days, with continued trials against war criminals of those days. and of remembrances, and city memorials that arise. and some revisionist work on history books.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:21 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
I did not only live in China, but also speak Chinese and attended schools in China.
All my family members are Chinese.

I never said the majority of Chinese people blah blah, but many. It is very easy to find them online.
What does your "many" means? 1% of the chinese population? 5%, 20%?

Old 02-12-2014, 12:24 AM

Just a side thought here. The international community is much harsher to Germany than to Japan, with respect to this issue.

Japanese politicians can openly deny some war crimes, "revise" text books, and even worship war criminals at a shrine.
Although Japanese did not commit genocide, they murdered and raped way too many civilians, and used "comfort women" from Japan and other Asian countries. Even my great grandfather was killed by Japanese.

Japanese also conducted "biological experiments" on POWs and civilians, including Chinese, Russians and Americans. Just google "Unit 731". The US obtained all the "medical data" at the end of the war; and as a condition, the criminals were not even punished

You don't see these things in Hollywood movies that much.

Last edited by Bettafish; 02-12-2014 at 12:53 AM..

Old 02-12-2014, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
What does your "many" means? 1% of the chinese population? 5%, 20%?
Let's put it this way. Most young people are not interested in politics and history any more. China is not exceptional.

However, for those who are truly interested in history and military stuff, I find most of them show some passion toward the third Reich. It does not mean they support the Nazis.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:05 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,067 times
As far as I know, Germans don't like being reminded "their" Nazi past, they don't like that and feel shame of it, though I highly doubt that young Germans feel guilty (and they shouldn't obviously).
To me it seemed that Germans now see Nazi for what they were: fanatic incompetent idiot who brought an extraordinary country into ruin,misery and desperation.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:58 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
As far as I know, Germans don't like being reminded "their" Nazi past, they don't like that and feel shame of it, though I highly doubt that young Germans feel guilty (and they shouldn't obviously).
To me it seemed that Germans now see Nazi for what they were: fanatic incompetent idiot who brought an extraordinary country into ruin,misery and desperation.
Germans today mostly don't consider the Nazi era THEIR past. Just like white Americans today mostly refuse to be associated with the killing of millions of Africans during the slavery era. Germans today are just tired of people outside Germany not getting over it...

Apart from that, Germans think the same about Nazis as other people do. Some Germans, Americans, etc. are fans of the Nazis and their ideology, but most Germans, Americans, etc. don't like them. I would not say hate because hating implies passion, which people today usually don't feel due to the remoteness of that time.

I guess it is always important to point out that Nazis is not the same as Germans, not now, not back then. Many Germans went to war because they had to (just like Americans today have to go to war wherever they are sent by Washington), not because they were Nazis (voting for another party was really dangerous back then, people had loved ones they had to think of). Nor was WWII as such the sole fault of the Germans, some already warned at the end of WWI that Germany was being pushed into that direction by the way WWI was settled. Nor was the Holocaust the sole fault of the Germans, the US played a key role because wealthy racist Americans (Rockefeller foundation etc.) openly funded and inspired Hitler's pseudo-science regarding race etc.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:37 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
Quote:
You can find any strange group online easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe