Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 11:25 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
. My father had a drinking buddy who was Ukrainian.
Drink can all but Russian drink more. Because it is cold in Russia.
You can not judge all according to one person (drinking buddy of your dad).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
I really do not see the difference in these two geographical locations. I have always thought of the Ukraine as being part of Russia...much like Texas is part of the USA.
If you do not see the difference that doesnt mean that it does not, you may be blind! If you werent in Russia and in Ukraine its not seen this with your own eyes!

Old 11-27-2016, 11:30 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
The problem lies in the terrorist leader of Russian Federation, who gave a lethal weapon in the hands of baboons!
If he doesnt respond to the Hague Tribunal, he will be responsible to God in any way for the death of thousands souls!
The government had been bombing Lugansk.

Air attack on pro-Russian separatists in Luhansk kills 8, stuns city - CNN.com

Since the government is carrying out offensive air operations in the area, they are responsible for keeping civilian airlines out of the area. Even the civilian airport there had been closed since before the MH17 incident.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:32 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,857 times
Quote:
Drink can all but Russian drink more. Because it is cold in Russia.
You can not judge all according to one person (drinking buddy of your dad).
Yes I know...forget the drinking thing...To be honest from what I observed was that most of the old school Ukrainians I met as a kid were staunch nationalists and proud to a fault. They actually believe themselves to be supreme compared to what we call Russians. It might be that the UKRAINE historically was the seat of Russian culture. Maybe the Ukrainians are the real Russians?

Old 11-27-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The government had been bombing Lugansk.

Air attack on pro-Russian separatists in Luhansk kills 8, stuns city - CNN.com

Since the government is carrying out offensive air operations in the area, they are responsible for keeping civilian airlines out of the area. Even the civilian airport there had been closed since before the MH17 incident.
Pal, and may blame Eurocontrol? It was subject who authorized the use of the airways? Or maybe blame the CIA because it does not ban aviation early morning September 11, 2001?
Are you out of your mind? Or as I see you want to whiten the Kremlin Gaddafi?

Old 11-27-2016, 11:40 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,857 times
The Ukraine I understood was from 30 years ago. I guess things have changed.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:58 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Western Ukraine was not part of the Soviet Union before the war, so to speak of the difficulties of 'stirring' due to the war - nonsense.
No it's not, as much as you'd like to pretend.

If you understand Russian, ( because this Oliver Stone's movie is dubbed in Russian) start watching approximately from 6:40. These are all historic facts, and they are still at the core of today's conflict in many ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvQpHTxv4dw&t=809s

Quote:
Second, the massive resistance of Russification and Sovietization not connected with cooperation with Hitler, as the overall level of collaboration was exactly the same as the average among Russian collaborators.
False as usual.
That's what was taking place in Western Ukraine during the WWII; you'd never see anything like this either in Eastern Ukraine or "Russia proper."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttDJ...ctr=1480281400

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_W..._(1st_Galician)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nachtigall_Battalion

Meanwhile, the majority of Russian Liberation Army were simply Russian prisoners of war.

Last edited by erasure; 11-27-2016 at 02:24 PM..

Old 11-27-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No it's not, as much as you'd like to pretend.

If you understand Russian, ( because this Oliver Stone's movie is dubbed in Russian) start watching f approximately from 6:40. These are all historic facts, and they are still at the core of today's conflict in many ways.
False propaganda film built on the manipulation of facts and neurolinguistic techniques.
Target group - are foreigners who dont know true history of Ukraine. They are potential dumb emotional adepts of "russian world", who have lost ability to analyze and information search from different sources!

Old 11-27-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
False as usual.
That's what was taking place in Western Ukraine during the WWII; you'd never see anything like this either in Eastern Ukraine or "Russia proper."
Please stop!
German SS forces have 3 (three) russian SS division!
You did forget?

Old 11-27-2016, 02:27 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Please stop!
German SS forces have 3 (three) russian SS division!
You did forget?
Please DO tell me more about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe