U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2017, 11:01 AM
DKM

2,828 posts, read 1,012,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
but... it is Turkish propaganda channel.

Of course he said that Crimea is not Russia. What could he say?
Sputnik is Turkish? Ahem, we aren't that dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 11:02 AM

5,758 posts, read 2,323,392 times
Russia has always had a lot of Academic Institutions with a military orientation and so have a lot of other countries throughout Europe. It goes way back and it still goes on all over the world to this day. America has the largest. I remember the Boy Scouts and the Civil Air Patrol Academy.

Not sure but it goes back as far as the 14 th century for most of them.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:02 AM
DKM

2,828 posts, read 1,012,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
What did Putin forget in Helsinki?
His sunglasses. Because nobody would ever need to wear them there.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
yeah I guess you have a point. I just wanted you to be aware of nationalist policies that are being instilled in Russia as well, though not as extreme as in Ukraine. However I'm a bit worried that these nationalists are getting out of control and it might be to late to reign them back in. I wouldn't be surprised if a new monarchy would be installed in Russia with the way things are going these days.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/od-rus...ended-feelings

This rise in Orthodox extremist have to do with a law passed back in 2013.

The bill was accepted 11 June 2013.[149][150] According to art.148 of Russian Criminal Code 1 it is declared a federal crime to conduct "public actions, clearly defying the society and committed with express purpose of insulting religious beliefs". Part 2 of the same article places a stricter punishments for the aforementioned actions, when coupled with desecration of holy symbols and (or) religious texts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law#Russia
I recently read an article about Nationalism. Its been one of the most destructive concepts ever devised by humanity. We're all human beings. We all live on this world. Nationalism focuses on the differences of people. Not what they have in common. It leads to numerous ills.

Just another reason to say we're not that far from the cave yet.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
yeah I guess you have a point. I just wanted you to be aware of nationalist policies that are being instilled in Russia as well, though not as extreme as in Ukraine. However I'm a bit worried that these nationalists are getting out of control and it might be to late to reign them back in. I wouldn't be surprised if a new monarchy would be installed in Russia with the way things are going these days.
Isn't Russia a monarchy of a sort now? Or very close kin to it? I really get impression that Putin is Russias king and that Russians in a way see him as that.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:32 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,220,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Isn't Russia a monarchy of a sort now? Or very close kin to it? I really get impression that Putin is Russias king and that Russians in a way see him as that.
no because that means that his kids would then inherit the presidency which is not the case. Many people are predicting that once Putin steps down the presidency will be passed to Sergey Shoygu

You can make a claim that Russia is a dictatorship, but a monarchy it is not. But I don't even think it's a dictatorship.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:42 PM

693 posts, read 384,705 times
Quote:
no because that means that his kids would then inherit the presidency which is not the case. Many people are predicting that once Putin steps down the presidency will be passed to Sergey Shoygu
Would be hilarious if it happened. With all the white nationalist who praise Putin/Russia in western countries.
What will they do with an asiatic.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:09 PM

4,224 posts, read 2,365,754 times
Quote:
yeah I guess you have a point. I just wanted you to be aware of nationalist policies that are being instilled in Russia as well, though not as extreme as in Ukraine. However I'm a bit worried that these nationalists are getting out of control and it might be to late to reign them back in.
This is not a nationalist camp. This is a multinational military camp for boys from Russia (most boys), Donetsk, Syria.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if a new monarchy would be installed in Russia with the way things are going these days.

This rise in Orthodox extremist have to do with a law passed back in 2013.

The bill was accepted 11 June 2013.[149][150] According to art.148 of Russian Criminal Code 1 it is declared a federal crime to conduct "public actions, clearly defying the society and committed with express purpose of insulting religious beliefs". Part 2 of the same article places a stricter punishments for the aforementioned actions, when coupled with desecration of holy symbols and (or) religious texts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law#Russia
The monarchy is excluded. A transfer of power by inheritance is archaism. More likely it will be a replication of the Soviet system, but instead of the CPSU there will be Orthodoxy.

Radicalization of Christianity will be a big problem. I have written about this many times before. In Russia (influence of religion will increase) and in Europe (as a response to the migration crisis).

Old 10-11-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Sputnik is Turkish? Ahem, we aren't that dumb.
Ok, this is Russian site, sorry. I blunted.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Shoigu and Putin have one age (difference of 3 years). What is the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe