Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 03:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I'm already too old for frontline service. Let the young guns fight, I'm in the rear with the gear.
You can stop a bullet just like any one of them. Would you send your son to die? I wouldn't send any child of mine to. It's wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 03:49 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You can stop a bullet just like any one of them. Would you send your son to die? I wouldn't send any child of mine to. It's wrong.
If the Russians are coming, of course!

Old 10-23-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
If the Russians are coming, of course!
What if he told you to f off? Maybe he'd be smarter than to throw his life away for a nationalistic concept not worth a **** in a pot.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
What if he told you to f off? Maybe he'd be smarter than to throw his life away for a nationalistic concept not worth a **** in a pot.
Well, then he has gotten a bad upbringing and I have to blame myself.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:21 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
I'm not sure who is what or with whom yet.

The National Guard was reformed in March 2014 and is part of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Azov and Donbas battalions are part of it. Who else?
On the other hand Territtorial Defense Battalions were formed in almost every oblast and are under the authority of the Ministry of the Interior.
What's hard is the politicians themselves. They all have their own parties, their own groups of allies and alliances witth one another and the oligarchs who support their favorites and in some cases their own militias. There are also other wild cards we probably don't know about.
I don't know whos loyalties lie where. Shakeasswilly is being supported by several groups of oligarchs and politicians Yulia Timoshenko is one of those.
What smells so bad about this? Remember Somalia?
You mean Givi's legendary "Somali?"
Because that's what they named their battalion in reference to. Precisely things you are talking about. Givi had a good sense of humor. So did Motorola.
By the way it has been a year since Motorola has been killed - in October last year.
So I'll simply leave it here again as a reminder, before the next turn of events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjiK3EE7uOk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwjjkWHagrc

Old 10-23-2017, 05:16 PM

You have a crush on Givi?

I meant the country Somalia. It basically fell apart because it was ruled by a weak government who couldn't stand up to all the different factions who wanted power. A situation similar to Syria too.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:28 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
You have a crush on Givi?

I meant the country Somalia. It basically fell apart because it was ruled by a weak government who couldn't stand up to all the different factions who wanted power. A situation similar to Syria too.
Crush? No, no crush.
Givi feels to me more like a *bro* - someone I actually used to know, sort of like "familiar spirit." May be because of his Caucasian roots - they are quite visible, sort of like in myself.

P.S. I know you were talking about Somalia. But the reference was right on, because that's the reason why they named their battalion "Somalia" as I've said...

Old 10-24-2017, 12:33 AM

400 posts, read 292,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Crush? No, no crush.
Givi feels to me more like a *bro* - someone I actually used to know, sort of like "familiar spirit." May be because of his Caucasian roots - they are quite visible, sort of like in myself.

P.S. I know you were talking about Somalia. But the reference was right on, because that's the reason why they named their battalion "Somalia" as I've said...
Are you Georgian?

Old 10-24-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Crush? No, no crush.

He looks like one of my drinking buddies from way back in the day. He was a Romanian from Pennsylvania. His dad was a coal miner. Damn did we get into a lot of trouble. He continued to drink though and I grew up.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:38 AM

No wonder that the pro-Russkie faction celebrates Einsatzgruppe Givi. A war criminal and idiot with a lot of blood on his hands. But I guess his torture of Ukrainian POW's is "justified" when he was only "protecting" mother Russia.

Motorola was of the same breed, and luckily he was killed too. A war criminal and no better than the nazi einsatzgruppes. Or Bandera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe