U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 04:25 PM

4,984 posts, read 5,060,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
I do not see the need to respond to questions that many times already gave the answer. You do not want to know my opinion and accept the reality. Instead, you're on any of my post write that it's a lie. so what's the conversation can happen to you personally?
I can analyze unlike you. You have no clue about Russia and especially the relationship Ukraine's dependence on Russia.
If you can analyze, show it. Enough of propaganda slogans, answer avoidance and lies, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 04:59 PM

15,517 posts, read 13,509,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I noticed that the right wing (supposedly "hawkish") American political forces are siding with Putin' blitzkrieg, the right wing media outlets like Fox News significantly softened their language and reverted to their traditional way of propaganda by means of half-truths and strategic omissions. More than that senile Reagan era cold war politicians like Buchanan (not speaking of the fringe libertarians) are all for Putin' right to grab whatever he can. There is something going on. World leaders are preparing grounds for the first annexation in 70 years, because of whatever. Since it's clear that Putin will not stop on Crimea, Ukraine is entering rough waters, it's not a fact it will get out alive as a political entity. One can only speculate why the West would play along with Putin, is it weakness or something else, I don't know but it's clear that international security mechanisms are trashed, they will be applied very selectively from now on. Thus, arms race, strong military, better yet nuclear status are the only ways to go from now on. Good job, morons.

It's apparent that USA is not alone, British "guarantors" of Ukraine sovereignty are looking for the face saving ways out too. Fortunately, Great Britain has rich Chamberlain era' experience to fall on. And this article full of the Chamberlain era rhetoric and half-truths (if not lies) is a good example.
The right wing war (chicken) hawks love this stuff, Fox has hyped this up just as much as everyone else, the only difference is how it is spun to their target audience. Fox and people like McCain love this stuff. I am sure the military industrial complex thinks this is the greatest thing to happen since 9/11.

"One can only speculate why the West would play along with Putin, is it weakness or something else,"

Because no one really cares about Crimea, and up until this incident, most people in the West (specifically the US) never even heard of the place. The West has never really cared about Ukraine much anyway until the West understood the moment it could get it out from under Russia, now all of a sudden Ukraine is the most important place in the world.

I mentioned before; Ukraine is not even worth a slice of bread in my standard of living. They chose their path, let them suffer the consequences. All it is now is a bunch of oligarchs trying to become more wealthy, I do not see why my quality of life should suffer for those idiots.

"I don't know but it's clear that international security mechanisms are trashed"

They were never in place anyway, I think more than a few examples have been shown on this thread.

"Thus, arms race, strong military, better yet nuclear status are the only ways to go from now on. Good job, morons."

No, there is not going to be an arms race past what there already is.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:02 PM

15,517 posts, read 13,509,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
You know, I never thought that I will observe the country which was described by George Orwell ("1984"), in 21 centuries and directly near me.
Me shocks as 140 million people in Russia underwent such information influence.

And Goebbels's words are confirmed in Russia: The more the lie, the easier to believe in it: )

You, Russians, would be a good subject of the description for psychologists in their scientific works
Your posts get more ridiculous each day. I know what they are broadcasting on Ukrainian TV (well, more like what they are not broadcasting), do not act like Russia has the market on propaganda.

Given who has been appointed to what in the new Ukrainian gov makes this whole affair even more ridiculous.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:02 PM

5,726 posts, read 2,312,076 times
Quote:
You know, I never thought that I will observe the country which was described by George Orwell ("1984"), in 21 centuries and directly near me.

And Goebbels's words are confirmed in Russia: The more the lie, the easier to believe in it: )

You, Russians, would be a good subject of the description for psychologists in their scientific works
Are you paid?

Old 03-11-2014, 08:07 PM

Some more information. How Putin and most Russians concerned with this see us.

LiveLeak.com - The Difference Between Americans and Russians - According to Putin

Old 03-11-2014, 09:23 PM

Having read a few pages back in this thread I noticed there is a lot of controversy as to the what the Ukraine is. I am in total agreement with the concept of it being an independent state unfortunately no one in the west or the east is going to allow it to be totally independent. Both sides are going to try to impose conditions on the country by what ever means they have.

In reality Ukraines independence is not the real concern of of either the east or west.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:01 PM

4,221 posts, read 2,360,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post

You know too little Russian to write this.

You blame all over Russia, but you destroyed their country, that people run away from you in Russia. Ukrainians killed police in Kiev, Ukrainians brought the country to default, the Ukrainians have chosen instead of evolution revolution. And now you blame Russia. However, as always in your history.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:06 PM

15,029 posts, read 13,614,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Having read a few pages back in this thread I noticed there is a lot of controversy as to the what the Ukraine is. I am in total agreement with the concept of it being an independent state unfortunately no one in the west or the east is going to allow it to be totally independent. Both sides are going to try to impose conditions on the country by what ever means they have.

In reality Ukraines independence is not the real concern of of either the east or west.
WHEN Ukraine was ever independent?
It was gulped up practically completely by Poland once back in history and then it went back to Russia.
I don' think it was ever independent as a state; if it was, those were only short periods of time, until it has been taken over by another state from what I remember.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:21 PM

4,221 posts, read 2,360,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Some more information. How Putin and most Russians concerned with this see us.

LiveLeak.com - The Difference Between Americans and Russians - According to Putin
Yes, I think so. Although lately with increasing globalization it is not so strongly expressed. The Russian collectivism (as well as the need for a strong leader) has a historical basis: a harsh climate, constant wars (Russia is eastern Europe fortpost) with the nomads, aggression on the part of Western countries in recent years.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:30 PM

9,967 posts, read 14,605,870 times
Let the Russians have Crimea but make them give Germany back Kaliningrad/Konigsberg...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe