U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-12-2018, 11:42 AM
 
15,029 posts, read 13,614,987 times
Reputation: 6916

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
You don't have to have Italians or Indians to be a melting pot. Russia's melting pot isn't as international as America's but their is a huge diversity of cultures in the former USSR/Russian Empire and that is the cultural melting pot that Russia has.

That being said Russia as of 2010 has 1,370 Italians and 4,058 Indians, which isn't a lot, but Russia has many other much larger minorities such as;

Tatars: 5,310,649
Ukrainians: 1,927,888
Bashkirs: 1,584,554
Chuvashs: 1,435,872
Chechens: 1,431,360
Armenians: 1,182,388
Avars: 912,090
Mordvins: 744,237
Kazakhs: 647,732
Azerbaijanis: 603,070
Dargins: 589,386
Udmurts: 552,299
Mari: 547,605
Ossetians: 528,515
Belarusians: 521,443
Kabardins: 516,826
Kumyks: 503,060
Yakuts: 478,085
Lezgians: 473,722
Buryats: 461,389
Ingush: 444,833
Germans: 394,138
Uzbeks: 289,862
Tuvans: 263,934
Komi: 228,235
Karachays: 218,403
Roma: 204,958
Tajiks: 200,666
Kalmyaks: 183,372
Laks: 178,630
Georgians:157,803
Jews: 156,801
Moldovans: 156,400
Koreans: 153,156
Tabasarans: 146,360
Adyghe: 124,835
Balkars: 112,924
Turks: 105,058
Nogais: 103,660
Kyrgyz: 103,422

And then if you were to add all the ethnic group of the post soviet countries you would get an even more astounding diversity.
^
THIS doesn't count as diversity, when half of them look like kind of "Asians mixed with Russians" ( that's how Americans often describe the Central Asians I've noticed. )
There is no diversity without Africans and Middle Easterners in your mix, when people living side by side are incompatible and tend to get on each other's throat. Now that's DIVERSITY with a capital "D", the REAL diversity.
The diversity of Russian kind is fake I'd say)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-12-2018, 01:14 PM
DKM
 
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
2,817 posts, read 1,003,285 times
Reputation: 2844
Back to Ukraine, today they announced the beginning of the withdrawal from the CIS. 8 former Soviet Republics remain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 01:21 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,069,563 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Back to Ukraine, today they announced the beginning of the withdrawal from the CIS. 8 former Soviet Republics remain.
I'm surprised it took that long.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 01:47 PM
DKM
 
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
2,817 posts, read 1,003,285 times
Reputation: 2844
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I'm surprised it took that long.....
They have good relations with 7 of them. But its clearly past time to sever these ties. Not that big a deal of course...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 02:02 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,069,563 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
They have good relations with 7 of them. But its clearly past time to sever these ties. Not that big a deal of course...
Well, they choose their master...the net result is still being a slave......personally I would have preferred to stay with Russia (at least you have cultural affinity) and participate in the economic integration with Asia than being free to cleaning toilets in Germany...to each his own I guess.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 03:22 PM
 
2,776 posts, read 1,010,852 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Well, they choose their master...the net result is still being a slave......personally I would have preferred to stay with Russia (at least you have cultural affinity) and participate in the economic integration with Asia than being free to cleaning toilets in Germany...to each his own I guess.....
LOL. That's just a bunch of Russian propaganda. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that same sentence being used. No, educated Ukranians will not be cleaning toilets. That's just what Russia tells them to scare them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 03:39 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,069,563 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
LOL. That's just a bunch of Russian propaganda. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that same sentence being used. No, educated Ukranians will not be cleaning toilets. That's just what Russia tells them to scare them.
No, is not Russian propaganda...educated people are free to go where they want....I saw simply pointing to the fact that I suspect Ukraine hopes and expectations for joining the EU may be different from what will happen in reality......EU is not very popular in a lot of EU countries right now....

At best Ukraine will be considered a third tier country in the club, a low cost manufacturing country probably (my native country of Italy and a member founder of the EU is second tier at best behind the real center pf power, the German-French duo).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 03:43 PM
 
2,776 posts, read 1,010,852 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
No, is not Russian propaganda...educated people are free to go where they want....I saw simply pointing to the fact that I suspect Ukraine hopes and expectations for joining the EU may be different from what will happen in reality......EU is not very popular in a lot of EU countries right now....

At best Ukraine will be considered a third tier country in the club (my native country of Italy is second tier at best).
I consider Italy to be one of the big five (well technically 4, now that the UK is leaving).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 03:49 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,069,563 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I consider Italy to be one of the big five (well technically 4, now that the UK is leaving).
In reality we do not count for much in the union and anti EU sentiment is very strong (the coalition that wont he election in March is anti Euro).
We are one of the founding member but we are stills second class citizens in Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 03:56 PM
 
2,776 posts, read 1,010,852 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
In reality we do not count for much in the union and anti EU sentiment is very strong (the coalition that wont he election in March is anti Euro).
We are one of the founding member but we are stills second class citizens in Europe.
Do you believe that Germany and France rain supreme in the EU then, since Spain is still obviously behind Italy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top