Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2018, 12:43 AM

2,216 posts, read 998,600 times

Advertisements

Remember joke about "Buy a meter of the state Border? "?

It will soon become a reality....

The IMF offers Kiev to privatize customs

Ukraine should reconsider its attitude to the list of objects that are allegedly impossible to privatize. This was stated by Deputy Executive Director of the international monetary Fund Vladislav Rashkovan during the Ukrainian Financial Forum 2018, which takes place in Odessa on September 20-21, reports on Friday, September 21, UKRINFORM.

"Who said that the railway cannot be privatized? Who said that customs should be state? Who said that hospitals, kindergartens, schools, universities should be public? Who said that the state should issue certificates?"he asked.

According to Rashkovan, Ukraine in this matter should turn to world practice, which shows that what is prohibited in Ukraine to privatization in the world works perfectly in private ownership.

"There are examples when customs works more effectively in private ownership," the financier stressed.

Rashkovan also expressed the opinion that the list of objects prohibited for privatization should not be at all, because no one can guarantee that this list is permanent, and tomorrow it will not expand even more.

"You can not leave even a small list. Because tomorrow this small list will be bigger, " he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 01:39 AM

26,750 posts, read 22,239,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russians, why drag the Ukraine thread up? Still hoping to reverse the separation from Russia? Its over, Putin created a new Ukrainian national identity. I can't even go there anymore because even in south eastern Ukraine everyone (under 40) is speaking Ukrainian and I don't understand more than 2 words of it and I refuse to learn it. So thanks for that, I guess.
You poor thing.
Move further West then - plenty of Russian in Kiev, and it's not all that difficult to understand Ukrainian language.
Or do you want me to translate to you what they are talking about, when asked "Are you planning to leave Ukraine in the nearest future and why?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4wqS0-sgwQ

Old 09-30-2018, 10:38 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,338,353 times
What's going on in Ukraine?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kbIb5_1538232105

Anybody got anything else?

Old 09-30-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What's going on in Ukraine?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kbIb5_1538232105

Anybody got anything else?
There is lot going on there Scrat, from what I hear.
There was an explosion during their Communist Сongress ( or whatever it was - don't remember right now.)
Few people were wounded, no one killed from what I know.
See, Donbass region ( being the blue color region, predominantly,) is a left-leaning overall.
There are all shades of "left" of course - starting from someone like Mozgovoy and Dremin (in LNR,) and someone like Tzarev and Zakharchenko. The letter two are competent and practical people, who know/knew what they were doing, and then there are all kind of "dreamers." ( Gubarev in particular never made a good impression on me.)
Now the way I see it, Putin and Co, being weary of troubles from the "left" in their own domain, want to keep now Donbass under their own control, and the last thing they need there, are Communists in charge.
Zakharchenko was a very convenient man in this respect, because he knew how to balance things - to remain "left," yet to keep peace with Kremlin.
Now with him being gone, things are getting iffy; I assume that Pushilin is Kremlin's preference, but that doesn't mean that his authority is not going to be contested.

(BTW Ukrainian sites circulate the rumors that Alexander Timofeev ( nome de guerre "Tashkent") that survived the blast that killed Zakharchenko is arrested someone in Russia, but that's Ukrainian sites - they can't be trusted, obviously.)

That's him, with N. Poklonskay, during the funerals.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
There is lot going on there Scrat, from what I hear.
There was an explosion during their Communist Сongress ( or whatever it was - don't remember right now.)
Few people were wounded, no one killed from what I know.
See, Donbass region ( being the blue color region, predominantly,) is a left-leaning overall.
There are all shades of "left" of course - starting from someone like Mozgovoy and Dremin (in LNR,) and someone like Tzarev and Zakharchenko. The letter two are competent and practical people, who know/knew what they were doing, and then there are all kind of "dreamers." ( Gubarev in particular never made a good impression on me.)
Now the way I see it, Putin and Co, being weary of troubles from the "left" in their own domain, want to keep now Donbass under their own control, and the last thing they need there, are Communists in charge.
Zakharchenko was a very convenient man in this respect, because he knew how to balance things - to remain "left," yet to keep peace with Kremlin.
Now with him being gone, things are getting iffy; I assume that Pushilin is Kremlin's preference, but that doesn't mean that his authority is not going to be contested.

(BTW Ukrainian sites circulate the rumors that Alexander Timofeev ( nome de guerre "Tashkent") that survived the blast that killed Zakharchenko is arrested someone in Russia, but that's Ukrainian sites - they can't be trusted, obviously.)

That's him, with N. Poklonskay, during the funerals.
P.S. Sorry - yet another typo of mine: Ukrainians are spreading rumors that Alexander Timofeev ( aka "Tashkent,"( he was Zakharchenko's deputy,)) has been arrested somewhere in Russia.

I need to check on that one through other sources.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:48 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,779,217 times
Arrested or not, Tashkent not going back to Donetsk. Interesting that challengers to Pushilin are all being sidelined or eliminated. A bona fide criminal has thus taken control of Donetsk.

Meanwhile back in normal Ukraine, for people interested in trains, a new train service from the Baltics from Kyiv started recently. From Riga, Vilnius, Minks then Kyiv. Sounds like a good 4 stop vacation.

Also, a new train line from the Kyiv train station to the airport is under construction, which will make traveling a bit easier.

Finally GE in Pennsylvania is building some locomotives for Ukraine railways and the first ones arrived last week. They used to get them from Luhansk...

Old 10-01-2018, 02:36 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,150,701 times
Zhytomyr, Ukraine.

Ukrainian nationalists stuck to a girl in T-shirt with inscription "USSR". А guy tried to protect the girl, but got a fist on face.

https://youtu.be/qle0tBfun8k

And I think that nationalists are rightly afraid of the USSR. The USSR is still somewhere nearby.
1994:

https://youtu.be/HtFG_UEPjds
2014:

https://youtu.be/XP7LpUVUgqA

Old 10-01-2018, 04:00 PM
DKM

Didn't take long for Russians to resurrect this thread to continue posting anti-Ukrainian nonsense. Okay some drunk kids argued this weekend about the USSR even though none of them ever experienced it first hand. Are you satisfied now?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:19 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,150,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Didn't take long for Russians to resurrect this thread to continue posting anti-Ukrainian nonsense. Okay some drunk kids argued this weekend about the USSR even though none of them ever experienced it first hand. Are you satisfied now?
No. They do not argue about the USSR. They create a new Ukraine. And I think they can will win. But I'm afraid that the world will not be happy with what will come of it.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:11 PM
DKM

Okay you're right, a drunken late night street argument between a couple young people assigns the entire national mood and outcome. You wouldn't be trying to push something that doesn't really exist now would you? That would be a waste of time to push Putin backed lies on here anymore, nobody will believe them, except your Russian co-conspirators...Pravalivay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe