U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 01:31 PM

5,722 posts, read 4,531,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Crimea voted for annexation to Russia 93 percent!
And didn't many pro-Ukrainian Crimeans boycott this referendum?

Also, did this referendum even have a "No" option on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 01:33 PM

4,222 posts, read 2,364,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Sure dear friend, now let me point out to you the difference as well;
Anglo-Saxons wiped out the indigenous population and replaced it with "their own" all over the country. Russians left the indigenous population alive, on their own territories - be that Chechens, Tatars, Kalmyk and what's not, no matter how much/who is wining about "genocide" here and there.
Now try to separate Blacks in the US and to give them their own state(s), same for Mexicans/Asians and see how long that "Federalism" will last.
By the way, you can insert Ruslish here:

Google Translate

and get the Russian text.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:36 PM

435 posts, read 330,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Isn't Russia also already a federation, though?
I wasn't absolutely precisely expressed, sorry.
I had to a look that the Russian Federation constitutional, in Federation of the USA the contractual.
Russia grants very few rights to the federations and was created on the basis of the empire (therefore I told that there power centralization).
And the American federations have more rights (therefore I told decentralization) for them.

But let my words will correct if someone knows more about political systems. Here I can be mistaken.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:36 PM

3,101 posts, read 4,558,238 times
Quote:
Petitions in themselves don't really matter much. If it was something such as a demand by a state government to secede, then it might be a different case.
Yes, I agree with you. With regard to the Crimea and the precedent Texas can compare the difference. Quite an interesting picture.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Crimea voted for annexation to Russia 93 percent!
It you were told on the Russian TV? ) )

40% of the population of the Crimea came to a referendum. We will look as will deny this figure.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
And didn't many pro-Ukrainian Crimeans boycott this referendum?

Also, did this referendum even have a "No" option on it?
almost no. there 22-3 country observers and journalists from many different countries

Old 03-16-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
It you were told on the Russian TV? ) )

40% of the population of the Crimea came to a referendum. We will look as will deny this figure.
You can look only on your personal TV

Old 03-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Sure dear friend, now let me point out to you the difference as well;
Anglo-Saxons wiped out the indigenous population and replaced it with "their own" all over the country. Russians left the indigenous population alive, on their own territories - be that Chechens, Tatars, Kalmyk and what's not, no matter how much/who is wining about "genocide" here and there.
Now try to separate Blacks in the US and to give them their own state(s), same for Mexicans/Asians and see how long that "Federalism" will last.
I don't think that you will deny civil wars in territories which were "attached" by Russia.
If we don't see war, it doesn't mean that it isn't present... especially in Chechnya about which you spoke.
These local protests never come to the end...
But Putin liquidates them and still centralizes the power...
You think it and the truth can lasts long?

Old 03-16-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
I don't think that you will deny civil wars in territories which were "attached" by Russia.
If we don't see war, it doesn't mean that it isn't present... especially in Chechnya about which you spoke.
These local protests never come to the end...
But Putin liquidates them and still centralizes the power...
You think it and the truth can lasts long?
If you knew geopolitics, ye who arranged the war in Chechnya. Today you ask Chechens they want to secede from Russia? You will be surprised. Did you know that there lived in the 6th century Russian (in Chechnya). Chechens only 300 years .As for the EU that France and Germany against EU membership for Ukraine. I'll meet you later, I need to go

Old 03-16-2014, 02:05 PM

24,268 posts, read 18,789,124 times
93% is more than I expected. I've guessed something like 82% just to make it look even remotely honest. Well, who cares, this was the gunpoint election people feared that was happening in Kiev. All of this is straight from Absurdistan.

Good luck Crimea.

Slava Ukraini!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe