U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 02:59 AM

861 posts, read 983,543 times

Advertisements

viribusunitis
Quote:
and the guys from GDR. Nothing to brag about
Perhaps, nothing to brag about. But is it so shameful to deal with them? Adenauer dealed with ex-Nazies and nobody was ashamed. At least HE wasn't. I don't blame him by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 03:11 AM

4,557 posts, read 5,130,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
viribusunitis

Perhaps, nothing to brag about. But is it so shameful to deal with them? Adenauer dealed with ex-Nazies and nobody was ashamed. At least HE wasn't. I don't blame him by the way.
Well, the former Nazis of SPD, FDP and CDU/CSU at least didn't pursue the same politics like during the Nazi era. Die Linke is basically doing the same politics as when they were called SED/PDS.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Die Linke is basically doing the same politics as when they were called SED/PDS.
They don't arrest anyone now, I suppose. So they don't do anything criminal now.

And they have 64 seats.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 AM

4,557 posts, read 5,130,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
They don't arrest anyone now, I suppose. So they don't do anything criminal now.

And they have 64 seats.
Well, Gysi probably worked for the Stasi.

Most members of the NPD also don't get arrested. Doesn't change the fact that I consider their political work as immoral and disgusting.

And as far as the 64 seats are concerned: the article said that he is the leader of Germany's strongest oppositional party. Well there are only two. And Die Linke has only one seat more than the Greens. So one could also argue that they are the second weakest party in the Bundestag...

Old 03-17-2014, 03:48 AM

Quote:
So one could also argue that they are the second weakest party in the Bundestag.
Yes, I know that they are not the "strongest oppositional party".

Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 AM

435 posts, read 330,828 times

Old 03-17-2014, 04:41 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,164,646 times
The same with Kosovo. 2/3 of the countries either don't recognize it or have no opinion. However that state is independent since 2008 (although not a member of UNO).
Conclusion : a state or an autonomous province may be not internationally fully recognized as such, however it still exists de facto.
Look at Transdniestra, Abkhazia, south Ossetia, northern (serbian populated) Kosovo, Nagorno Karabakh, Northern Cyprus, Israeli -occupied West Bank, Moroccan (former Spanish)Sahara, Somaliland, disputed south China sea islands, Kashmere, Kurdistan .... do you think the West will make war for these enclaves? NOT!

Old 03-17-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
The same with Kosovo. 2/3 of the countries either don't recognize it or have no opinion. However that state is independent since 2008 (although not a member of UNO).
Conclusion : a state or an autonomous province may be not internationally fully recognized as such, however it still exists de facto.
Look at Transdniestra, Abkhazia, south Ossetia, northern (serbian populated) Kosovo, Nagorno Karabakh, Northern Cyprus, Israeli -occupied West Bank, Moroccan (former Spanish)Sahara, Somaliland, disputed south China sea islands, Kashmere, Kurdistan .... do you think the West will make war for these enclaves? NOT!
I understand it. But Russia is so silly when ignores the international community completely...
I am sure that war for the Crimea won't be now, and its status will be now as "uncertain".
And you think that such "the uncertain region" can wait the good future?
Let's tell here the truth. All these events split the Crimea into 2 parts, and it never will be monolithic.
Inhabitants will simply break off each other on part.
Here not absolutely the example of Kosovo I approaches I think.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:54 AM

And I continue to broadcast the latest news.
I submit you video (in Russian) from main "Goebbels" to Russia Kiselyov.
If you don't know Russian: in this video Kiselyov tells as Obama is afraid of Putin. Also frightens the USA of the nuclear capacity of Russia. If to translate his words it will sound so: Russia is capable to turn the USA radioactive ashes.
I look forward reactions of the White house to such impudent statement (and direct threat) from Russia.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-17-2014 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: English only

Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,164,646 times
Let's tell here the truth. All these events split the Crimea into 2 parts, and it never will be monolithic.
Inhabitants will simply break off each other on part.
Here not absolutely the example of Kosovo I approaches I think

I believe you are misinformed, t's exactly the same case of the Kosovo, broken 1n 2 parts : on one side the Albanian majority, on the other the Serbian/ Zigeuner/ Goran minorities (most of them have been ethnically purified with the help of NATO, the US and the EU) . Those who still live there live un ghettos surrounded by barbed wire. And it doesn't disturb the Western autorities/medias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe