Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 03:27 PM

435 posts, read 420,301 times

Advertisements

One more news from Russia: today activists of St. Petersburg sent the demand for a referendum about separation of Petersburg from Russia.

It certainly only insignificant gesture from youth party, but after all is pleasant: )
http://storage1.censor.net.ua/images...41/640x427.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-20-2014 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 10:15 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Children jumping in Kiev's school chanting "who is not jumping is a Russian" and "Russians to the gallows"

Old 03-20-2014, 11:14 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Please. Only English and Russian speakers having no real world clue about Ukraine and Russian - Ukrainian coexistence would take this kind of slogans, which originated many decades if not centuries before 2014, seriously. Yes, it's crude, maybe it's somewhat insulting, it would terrify PC crowds in USA, but it has no literal meaning, it's a crude joke not unlike black calling another black N word. Russians have many crude, generally insulting jokes about Ukrainians. More than that, Russian Russians think that reiteration of this sort of "friendly" ethnic slur just underline their friendliness towards Ukrainians. But people who live in Ukraine generally take this as an innocent, neutral or insulting but a joke, nobody takes it as a threat. Yes, everything is very peculiar to stranger' ears but if it's taken out of the cultural context it becomes propaganda weapon in Kremlin' hands. For most of those kids in video Russian is a native language or they have Russian blood in them, since Kiev is a Russian speaking city.
Please. You are the one who never lived in the Soviet Union ( your so-called "knowledge" of it comes partially from Stalin's times and partially - through Ukrainian/ Russian immigration in the US that you might be familiar with. So don't try to make stuff up as you go. I have nothing to do with "PC crowd in the US," but I know perfectly well what's going on with that scene depicted in that video, and that the insult that these kids are using, although not vicious and deadly, is derogatory never the less. This insult and adults that are coaching the students to chant it while wrapping themselves in Ukrainian Blue and Yellow banners, reflect very well the mood of growing antagonism between "Moscal" ( derogatory name for Russians) and "Kazap" ( derogatory name for Ukrainians.) The fact that so many people in Kiev speak Russian along with Ukrainian has got little to do with " these kids having Russian blood in them," but with Moscow having power over Kiev for long time, and particularly during Soviet times of course.

Quote:
Kremlin Propaganda keeps on fueling an image of Ukrainian "fascist" that Russian state is called by destiny to destroy, it needs to represent Crimean (+?) invasion and annexation as a defensive act, it's so fresh and original, it's nothing like rhetoric and propaganda Hitler used 75 years ago.
Kremlin propaganda has ability to "fuel an image of Ukrainian fascist" only because the Ukrainian nationalists are indeed an inseparable part of the latest events, behind the recent overthrowing of the government, ultra-right groups including. I have nothing to do with "Kremlin propaganda," and I understand that there were plenty of people on Maydan who had nothing to do with the nationalist agenda, but that doesn't mean that Ukrainian nationalists are not a big part of these events.
As I've already told Ukrainian political field is not all that different from Russian political field in this respect. Wherever Russian liberals gather their crowd to protest against Putin, the banners of Russian nationalists are floating not far behind. It's just that Russian liberals refuse so far to unite with nationalists, while Ukrainian "Batkivshina" party made a deal with "Svoboda" and the "Right Sector" - clearly nationalist organizations.
My prediction however is such, that in Russia the nationalists (well part of them) will strike a deal most likely with Putin's forces, not the liberals. The latest events are rather indicative of that.

Quote:
Mother Russia doesn't fight fascism, it becomes one big fascist state with dangerous delusions and nuclear weapons (see definitions, Russia fits well those).
I've already responded to you earlier that Putin's Russia is a direct result of the nineties and everything what took place back then. It's time for the West to reap what it sowed back then.

Last edited by erasure; 03-20-2014 at 11:48 PM..

Old 03-20-2014, 11:44 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Oh that's so...cute)))))

To non-Russian speakers;
This pic is posted in reference to the video with children in Kiev's school that I've posted earlier.
They were jumping up and down chanting "The one who isn't jumping (with us) is a "Moscal" ( derogatory name for Russians.)
Well jumping up and down is typical for Ukrainian national dance "Gopak," so the one who isn't dancing it is obviously a "Moscal"

( That's "Gopak" right here)

Ukrainian dance Hopak by Sonechko (Zhytomyr, Ukraine) (229) - YouTube

Old 03-21-2014, 02:46 AM

1 posts, read 934 times
I got some news on Ukraine. We have business with some Ukrainian industry companies and recently we received a notification from them. It says in a few weeks all financial transactions will be carried out with new currency that new government of Ukraine is going to introduce. Here is the proof I accidently found – [url]http://s4.postimg.org/6sfp6u2xp/mail.png[/url]
[url]http://s3.postimg.org/pwus2t5mr/image.jpg[/url]
[url]http://s21.postimg.org/f57088vx3/image.jpg[/url]
I think soon Ukraine will face devaluation because that new currency is not backed at all and as the result country's economy will be finally destroyed.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinse View Post
I got some news on Ukraine. We have business with some Ukrainian industry companies and recently we received a notification from them. It says in a few weeks all financial transactions will be carried out with new currency that new government of Ukraine is going to introduce. Here is the proof I accidently found – http://s4.postimg.org/6sfp6u2xp/mail.png
http://s3.postimg.org/pwus2t5mr/image.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/f57088vx3/image.jpg
I think soon Ukraine will face devaluation because that new currency is not backed at all and as the result country's economy will be finally destroyed.

For thanks news.
Only with forecasts in economy of Ukraine you don't hurry: )
Withdrawal of old currency and its replacement by the new will gradually happen. We already passed it several times.
These are the balanced withdrawals of monetary weight: in economy there will be two types of "hryvnias" (in cash use) - old and new. Old will be utilized by National bank, and new will already pay out wages, pensions, etc.
It shouldn't concern electronic money at all.

And certainly it hasn't a direct bearing any on devaluation: design the note if I am not mistaken doesn't influence in any way its real cost: )

Few years ago at us there changed separate types of notes "one hryvnia", "two hryvnias", "five hryvnias".

And here to inhabitants of the Crimea which have stocks in hryvnias cash of an old sample I don't envy: )
There is an inoformation in Russian with explanations for "analysts":
á 1 ðÿрõûѠÃÂÑã ñуôõт üõýÑÂÑ‚ÑŒ ñðýúýþты 2 ø 20 óрý | ãÃÅ¡Ã*ÃËœÃÂäÞÃ*ÃÅ“

Old 03-21-2014, 04:37 AM

And important news to Ukraine: We signed political part of the agreement on association with EU.

How you feel today, mister Putin?

Old 03-21-2014, 05:46 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,549 times
There will be an economical part. Europe has very strict ecological standards. Is the industrial sector ready for them?

Old 03-21-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
There will be an economical part. Europe has very strict ecological standards. Is the industrial sector ready for them?
I don't possess sufficient information to answer if to be honest.
If we after all have presidential elections in May, we will know by then.
Now I see many interesting projects for Ukraine, and it exactly a merit of new parliament.
For example today I read that we will obtain the credit from Japan on very favorable conditions (10 billion dollars for 40 years, and only 0.1% in a year of the commission) on reconstruction of station of aeration in Kiev region.
In my opinion it is the excellent project...

While we see that Europe and the USA are ready to help Ukraine the credits, and I hope that the default in Ukraine won't be.
Certainly many will suffer in this "shock" therapy: already there is an increase of taxes, there are difficulties for small businessmen, probably there will be difficulties with social payments (but while everything is paid in full).
There will be difficulties with the industry in the east because it very much depends on the cost of the Russian gas. But these problems are solved let by oligarchs because it they get almost all profit on these plants)

Old 03-21-2014, 07:14 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
Quote:
I've already responded to you earlier that Putin's Russia is a direct result of the nineties and everything what took place back then. It's time for the West to reap what it sowed back then.
You know I'd suggest that Mr. Putin was watching the EU carefully as they negotiated with Mr. Yanukovych. The Lithuainian foreign minister suggested that they ignored some political realities and used a more 'technocratic' approach to the Ukraine issue. Right now the EU still isn't going full bore into sanctions against Russia. Going to be interesting how that plays out in the great chess game going on with Mr. Putin. Again, he is watching and calculating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe