Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 05:44 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,150,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
I think soon someone is going to get a good kick up the arse...

And we all know what country that is going to be...
Russian joke: Separatists demand Kiev send more military equipment. Six APCs and one tank - it's too little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 742 times
I'm from Ukraine. And here I'm not typing this post, I'm CRYING IT to you! Do you hear me? Kiev does not rule Ukraine now! The nazi Right Sector does! It is the right sector and its radical nationalistic youths are now in East with that openly punitive and subversive war! It is the right sector who is provoking civil war in Ukraine! Legal "anti-terrorist" operation being initiated in Kiev? Lie! Ukrainian army officers refuse to carry out orders from Kiev, as nobody of them are going to use force against women and children that are Ukrainian civilians first of all! Those low coward attacks on people in East are the dirty doing of right sector only! It is simply impossible to stop fascist crisis in Ukraine while the right sector is well and acts all over Ukraine far out of control!!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:42 AM

5,806 posts, read 11,822,135 times
...and meanwhile one can read in the Western press pieces like this :
Ukraine crisis could be start of World War III, says Edward Lucas | Mail Online
The guy who wrote this piece is nuts in my opinion.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:06 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,113,757 times
Today. From the report of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine:
Quote:
По его словам, в ходе закрытого заседания Верховной Рады был заслушан отчет главы СБУ Валентина Наливайченко и главы МВД Арсена Авакова. «По докладу главы МВД стало понятно, что наиболее критическим регионом является Донбасс. Там само население встречает нашу армию как врагов», - заявил источник.
Translation: The people of this area consider us enemies.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 AM

435 posts, read 415,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post

From Ukraine said that she doesn't mind losing Donetsk and doesn't want to live with them in one country. So, we should act CONTRARY. This region will be a pain in the *ss of the new government. Great! It will be their problems. People there will be protesting constantly as far as the ecomomic sitautation will get worser.

That's more cunning.
Very probably on that now that my words are confirmed. Our parliament doesn't perform full anti-terrorist operation, separatists already proclaim the republic...
It is again very similar to Tymoshenko's plan "to give electorate unnecessary it"...
Sadly, but I prepare for that that in the summer in Ukraine there will be any more 46 million, but only 30 million people....
And that separatists "communicate for the help" to Russia is strange still, and Russia declares that supports the Donetsk republic, BUT... as a part of Ukraine...
What to do to citizens if they want to Russia?

Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 AM

4,541 posts, read 6,304,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
...and meanwhile one can read in the Western press pieces like this :
Ukraine crisis could be start of World War III, says Edward Lucas | Mail Online
The guy who wrote this piece is nuts in my opinion.
Well... It's the Daily Mail... Not even worth the paper it's printed on...

Old 04-16-2014, 08:27 AM

18,082 posts, read 18,678,059 times
You have to love the media: Ukraine crisis: Militants, army face off in Kramatorsk, Slaviansk - CNN.com

Notice now they are not "protesters" but "militants"; love the word play the media uses (as well as governments including the US, Ukraine, and Russia.)

Replace the word(s) "Ukrainian gov/army" with "Yanukovich"; people in the West would be going nuts if Yanukovich was using jets, helicopters, and the army to quell "protesters". However, it is alright if it is a western favored government conducting these actions. Like when Saudi Arabia sent 1000 troops into Bahrain to put down protesters, not a word from the US.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:33 AM

4,454 posts, read 4,586,383 times
It is simply impossible to stop fascist crisis in Ukraine while the right sector is well and acts all over Ukraine far out of control!!

I do't kow. from the looks of it we are all becming witnesses to one colossal train-wreck. If the so-called 'propaganda' being practiced and annunicated is an indication well the pot's on the boil and will until it naturally explodes. How liong can all this go on until some sot of 'release' will have to be done?

The comment noted does go to one thing I'd say and that's the fact that Ukraine must take control of its government!
Ii think Mr. Putin knows the score there and he is adeptly finessing its weakness. Frankly, if Ukraine does not get its political house in order I believe we are looking at all-out civil war in Ukraine. We can see the wisps of it already.

Some may not agree with this assessment. If not, then to the title of this thread, what wll be the future of Ukraine? What is Ukraine to do? Shall it be an obsequious puppet state jumping to its master's beck and call and command, tied to it with a rope or look to become a viable, free sovereign nation state trying to work its way in to a new 21st century where they can be responsible simply to themselves to make their onw way. We see the battle right now. Ukraine I think must be at least equal to the Russian pressure. If not she will fail. I do not think she has the military means to fight Russia off.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,113,757 times
Calm down. Ukraine and Russia won't fight each other. Ukrainian people will overthrow fascist junta in Kiev soon.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:03 PM

7,801 posts, read 10,061,700 times
Some of the Ukrainian troops sent to retake the city of Slovyansk have deserted to the pro-Russian militias ...

I don't think the Ukrainian nation will survive the month. But hey, if it means peace then so be it. I would rather a nation be erased from the maps then see a war with thousands of people killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe