U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 PM

14,965 posts, read 13,542,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
They had 4 experts on National Public Radio today talking the usual American rhetoric about Ukraine and Russia. They were labeling the Eastern Ukrainian protesters as terrorist militant separatists and Yanukovych as a discredited leader guilty of ordering the shooting deaths of 90 Kiev protesters. When they started taking calls the listeners who called wasn't buying the rhetoric and wasn't bringing up facts such as the leaked conversation between the Estonian foreign minister and the EU foreign minister about the protesters and policeman were killed by the same snipers and the Yanukovych government was most likely not responsible for these deaths and how Russia had legitimate grievances about U.S. government involvement in the internal affairs of Ukraine. I guess ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX, NPR, etc repeating the U.S. government's talking points about Ukraine seems to be not working as well as they thought.
That's why I'm on BBC site, and this is what I'm reading;

"BBC journalists witnessed civilians, at least some of whom appeared to be local people, challenging soldiers, who were also blocked by a crowd a few kilometres outside the town.

One officer said he had not "come to fight" and would never obey orders to shoot his "own people".

Video later emerged of six armoured personnel carriers, flying Russian flags, entering the nearby town of Sloviansk. "

and -

"A soldier guarding one of the carriers told Reuters he was a member of Ukraine's 25th airborne brigade from Dnipropetrovsk, a city also in eastern Ukraine.

He said the soldiers had had no food for four days until local people fed them."

BBC News - Ukraine crisis: Military vehicles 'seized' in Kramatorsk

(I think I need to review the FACT SHEET just in case I'm missing something.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 PM

14,965 posts, read 13,542,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Ok. And so we annexed the peninsula. But Donetsk district isn't an isolated territory. And in Kharkiv a lot of people don't like the idea of changing the citizenship.
And why should they change their citizenship? Why should they even join Russia? I don't believe it's in their interests; close economic ties with Russia - that is a yes.
Start listening closely to Tsarev ( who is still alive - amazingly so ) - is he talking about "unification with Russia?"
I don't think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjHwZH_zL70

Old 04-17-2014, 01:23 AM

435 posts, read 328,582 times
"South Stream" dies: Bulgaria sorts pipes. It is the first serious step of EU probably...
What will do Gazprom now?

Old 04-17-2014, 01:47 AM

3 posts, read 2,718 times
stretch through Turkey

Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 AM

3,101 posts, read 4,536,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
"South Stream" dies: Bulgaria sorts pipes. It is the first serious step of EU probably...
What will do Gazprom now?
What do you think they should do? Russia has been supplying gas to Ukraine. Let think about this the EU and Ukraine. Russia will not lose, Gazprom has Far East and Siberia stream.
For Russia, it's even better. Russia then be able to create a gas network in Inside country for every city and village.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:00 AM

4,220 posts, read 2,344,421 times

Girls, do not swear.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:20 AM

861 posts, read 978,582 times
Ariete
Quote:
Hope there will be an Euromaidan II
Oh yeah. II, III, IV. The country won't survive, I'm afraid, after that. For people doing business, stability is quite important.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
What do you think they should do? Russia has been supplying gas to Ukraine. Let think about this the EU and Ukraine. Russia will not lose, Gazprom has Far East and Siberia stream.
For Russia, it's even better. Russia then be able to create a gas network in Inside country for every city and village.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:00 AM

It "hello" from Kolomoysky: 10000 dollars for each caught Russian saboteur...

Maybe to me go to look for them: )

Old 04-17-2014, 03:05 AM

24,268 posts, read 18,682,043 times
I'm in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe