Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 10:12 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Funny how we just get new posters every day here all saying the same thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
Agree. This thread is a lost cause and should be locked... it's nothing but "HURR DURR RIGHT SECTOR FASCISTS!!!1" propaganda on every page.
I agree, it is a bit annoying and way off topic, and short blurbs with some videos do not add anything of value to the topic.

There are many issues to discuss, but the marching of single line statements with an occasional video is not adding to the discussion.

I do not want to see the thread closed, but it needs to get back on topic, and the debate needs to be a bit more in-depth and informative/more thoughtful in opinions; right now it is looking like the old AOL chat rooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 10:18 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,226,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The Ukrainians have retaken Slavyansk from the Russians!
Hooray! And on May 9th, they will kill a few more dozen people and will burn WWII veterans! This is so cool! Follow the news!

Old 05-05-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I agree, it is a bit annoying and way off topic, and short blurbs with some videos do not add anything of value to the topic.

There are many issues to discuss, but the marching of single line statements with an occasional video is not adding to the discussion.

I do not want to see the thread closed, but it needs to get back on topic, and the debate needs to be a bit more in-depth and informative/more thoughtful in opinions; right now it is looking like the old AOL chat rooms.
The problem is that too little reliable information. And the total uncertainty of what will happen next. Perhaps the moderators really is better to close the thread. Unlikely here will be anything besides abuse. People have very different views on what is happening.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:01 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Someone ( whom people can trust) need to make an investigation into that fire in Odessa, to separate truth from fiction.
What the witnesses are saying is very troubling, but the word of the experts is needed to prove or disprove their accounting.
What makes matters worse though, is that people that were released from police yesterday ( about 60 of them) and among them - some that could provide more information on what happened that day - it looks like Pravy Sector came to the police afterwards and received their addresses from the police. One of them ( from what I see on-line) already has been murdered today. ( That doesn't mean of course that this particular person had any valuable information on a case, but still.)
So there is a need for investigation, but in any case as I've already said before - once I've learned about the involvement of Nationalists in democratic movement in Kiev, I already knew it was not going to end up well.
And of course these forces are now in Odessa, which makes the account of witnesses on that fire even more troublesome.

http://cs618028.vk.me/v618028907/641a/iPQ0-eJJIEA.jpg

http://cs618028.vk.me/v618028907/6413/jPq2M7nGK-k.jpg

Old 05-05-2014, 05:08 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,726,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

Couldn't have said it better. People who post only videos or photos without any comment are likely to get their posts deleted.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 PM

May finally be in the West begin to objectively to present information?

"The New York Times, which has asserted for weeks that the Russian government is behind the unrest in Ukraine’s east, finally sent some reporters to the region to dig up the proof, but all they found were eastern Ukrainians upset by the coup regime in Kiev that replaced President Viktor Yanukovych."

Another NYT ‘Sort of’ Retraction on Ukraine | Consortiumnews

You say that we write here for the money, but in fact in Russia a huge annoyance of that information in the leading English-language media is false. When we read the English-language media, we expect a new point of view, but unfortunately occurs mainly lie. Maybe the situation is changing.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:32 PM

And by the way, Russian get most of their information not from the Russian press. They get most of information from their friends in the Ukraine or via the Internet from people who are in Ukraine. Of course, sometimes information is false (there is a war and lot of chaos), but in general the information is quite objective.

For example, here are a couple of links to people who are in Slavyansk:
https://twitter.com/sashakots
https://twitter.com/kp_steshin

Old 05-05-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
May finally be in the West begin to objectively to present information?

"The New York Times, which has asserted for weeks that the Russian government is behind the unrest in Ukraine’s east, finally sent some reporters to the region to dig up the proof, but all they found were eastern Ukrainians upset by the coup regime in Kiev that replaced President Viktor Yanukovych."

Another NYT ‘Sort of’ Retraction on Ukraine | Consortiumnews
There were Eastern Ukrainians. But by now, ( that all those accusations wouldn't be in vain any longer I guess,) people of Donbass and Lugansk have un-sealed the borders on their part of the territories.
So now Russians we'll be coming there for real - all who want. And apparently, not Russians only. As the rumor has it, Chechens are already there. ( At least Avakov thinks so.)

Old 05-05-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
As the rumor has it, Chechens are already there. ( At least Avakov thinks so.)
I think that there are no Chechens. Chechens have real combat experience and a good weapon. Ukrainian army could not resist them, even with a large numerical advantage. If there were Chechens, they would have stormed Kiev. Many say that the militias arrived from the Crimea, I think that it can be trusted.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I think that there are no Chechens. Chechens have real combat experience and a good weapon. Ukrainian army could not resist them, even with a large numerical advantage. If there were Chechens, they would have stormed Kiev. Many say that the militias arrived from the Crimea, I think that it can be trusted.
Check it out - Avakov is giving a hint about it here

«

In other news - I read now in Tsarev's FB that 2nd of May ( after that fire in Odessa that authorities are reluctant to investigate, apparently) there was a point of no return. The South-East doesn't want to negotiate with Kiev any longer, they are getting ready for referendum for independence. They say that they hope for the wisdom of the majority of people of Central and Western regions of the country, who should follow their example of self-determination on the regional level. After that, Tsarev is saying "we can negotiate the coexistence in one and the same state, whether it's going to be a federation or confederation of states" Their bottom line however is that this central Kiev government must go as criminal and illegal.
So they are deciding to vote for creation of a new state, ( or rather two states - Donetsk and Lugansk,) without joining Russia.
Good for them, that's the only right decision under the circumstances - that's the way I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe