U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 AM
 
6,993 posts, read 9,511,291 times
Reputation: 2952

Advertisements

That's why I think the only way to confront Russia is through economic attrition, not military confrontation. Wait till commodity prices retreat and Russia's treasury struggles to afford its vast military spending and pork barrel. Unfortunately this will take many decades to play out so too bad for Ukraine and Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2014, 08:36 AM
 
861 posts, read 979,689 times
Reputation: 307
Quote:
I hope Russia will pay a high price for it's doings in Ukraine.
Why should I pay for something I didn't chose? Why Barroso and others won't pay for they interfere in a country, where people fight over their past and don't feel as one nation?

Everything was normal a year ago. I don't want the war. I didn't ask people there to hold our flags. But they're doing this. If they were one nation, they won't. Why interfere in a country where people have poor emotional control?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Perry, UT
601 posts, read 1,634,776 times
Reputation: 373
Let's say the European media portrayed it like they want to be a part of the EU. Showing demonstrators with European flags and all.
I personally don't think too many people really want this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Hong Kong / Vienna
4,557 posts, read 5,106,855 times
Reputation: 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAS007 View Post
Let's say the European media portrayed it like they want to be a part of the EU. Showing demonstrators with European flags and all.
I personally don't think too many people really want this.
European media made it pretty clear that the whole thing was about an Association Agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Russia
4,220 posts, read 2,349,826 times
Reputation: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
That's why I think the only way to confront Russia is through economic attrition, not military confrontation. Wait till commodity prices retreat and Russia's treasury struggles to afford its vast military spending and pork barrel. Unfortunately this will take many decades to play out so too bad for Ukraine and Georgia.
Why confront with Russia? Russia does not support radicals in Mexico or Gibraltar and military coups are not satisfied.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 03-02-2014 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Russia
4,220 posts, read 2,349,826 times
Reputation: 1233
In this case, I will allow myself a joke with Russian forum.
Putin is silent because he thinks where to get diesel fuel in order to tanks enough to reach to Lisbon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Vik
392 posts, read 414,279 times
Reputation: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Why confront Russia? Russia does not support radicals in Mexico or Gibraltar and military coups are not satisfied.
Oh yeah? Not Afghanistan, Iran or Syria either?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Vik
392 posts, read 414,279 times
Reputation: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Why should I pay for something I didn't chose? Why Barroso and others won't pay for they interfere in a country, where people fight over their past and don't feel as one nation?

Everything was normal a year ago. I don't want the war. I didn't ask people there to hold our flags. But they're doing this. If they were one nation, they won't. Why interfere in a country where people have poor emotional control?
Are you referring to the Russians not having emotional control? The ones without control that I saw on TV in Crimea where waving Russian flags..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Russia
4,220 posts, read 2,349,826 times
Reputation: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
Oh yeah? Not Afghanistan, Iran or Syria either?
1. Not to my knowledge.
2. European Union or the United States don't border on these territories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Russia
4,220 posts, read 2,349,826 times
Reputation: 1233
You have supported the neo-Nazis in the territories, where many Russian. This is a mistake. And what the outcome of this mistake is not clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:06 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top