U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 08:29 AM

4,082 posts, read 2,151,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
I predict a result of at least 98% in favour of whatever the terrorists pursue, just to top the result of Crimea.
Terrorists - is people who send the army against civilians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 10:12 AM

13,817 posts, read 12,600,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Based on insider information Slavyansk people have combat experience.
From everything I read on their sites, they do. Looks like not just "combat experience," but some Soviet-time knowledge of things as well, so they know what they are doing - I just didn't expect them to be that successful from the get-go, kinda.

Quote:
They are not regular army. They are residents of eastern Ukraine and their friends from the Crimea, Russia and other former Soviet states. Mostly former military.
I've figured that much out. The pro-Soviet sentiment is strong there by the way, with "power to the people," condemnation to oligarchs and all.

Quote:
And they captured the good weapons. They say that the city is well fortified. So I do not know how many people died on the part of Kiev government, but I think that these numbers are similar to the truth.

And by the way, they do not receive their orders from Putin
I don't give a hoot about Putin - to me he is a slimy, kniving person, to say the least.
But that doesn't mean I'd want anything to do with Pravy Sector, the nationalists and the government that relies on them. I wouldn't want to live in such country either.
So good for the East Ukrainians - I was saying all along that they need to be left alone and do what they see fit under the circumstances, particularly after the events in Odessa. More power to them, let Kiev "align with EU," cut the subsidies for people, pensions, hike the gas price - whatever. Let them do what they want, but without the Eastern regions. Enough is enough.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:29 AM

I see that Russian Channel 1 is saying that German Bild published information that 400 American mercenaries from "Academi" are taking part in punitive operation in Eastern Ukraine.

`` -

Old 05-11-2014, 10:36 AM

4,557 posts, read 4,815,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I see that Russian Channel 1 is saying that German Bild published information that 400 American mercenaries from "Academi" are taking part in punitive operation in Eastern Ukraine.

`` -
Video aufgetaucht: Kmpfen US-Sldner (Blackwater) in der Ukraine? - Politik Ausland - Bild.de

Said article is from early March and is based on statements made by Russian diplomats.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Video aufgetaucht: Kmpfen US-Sldner (Blackwater) in der Ukraine? - Politik Ausland - Bild.de

Said article is from early March and is based on statements made by Russian diplomats.
No, they mention the older material too, but in this case they are talking about their involvement in current operation in East Ukraine. And they are saying ( on other site now) that Spigel confirms it as well.
But they don't give links, ( damn it, a bad timing for me to sit here without Cyrilic key-board, so I can't ask questions)))
However as it has been mentioned earlier, there were 7 people killed from Greystone in the last operation in Mariupol, as the "rebels" reported.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:53 AM

4,557 posts, read 4,815,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No, they mention the older material too, but in this case they are talking about their involvement in current operation in East Ukraine. And they are saying ( on other site now) that Spigel confirms it as well.
But they don't give links, ( damn it, a bad timing for me to sit here without Cyrilic key-board, so I can't ask questions)))
However as it has been mentioned earlier, there were 7 people killed from Greystone in the last operation in Mariupol, as the "rebels" reported.
Yeah, the coverage on this is rather strange. I read about it on Spiegel first, they said they have it from Bild. After searching their web page, only the link above showed up.

Kinda confirms my view that neither Bild nor Spiegel Online are reliable news sources (the printed version of Spiegel is okay, though...)

Old 05-11-2014, 01:24 PM

12,636 posts, read 12,065,272 times
I know one thing; the bias in this is way too obvious. Anyone can easily go online and see the atrocities happening against unarmed civilians. Video after video showing Ukrainian troops firing and injuring and killing unarmed civilians. I just watched a few, one showed a guy with his arms raised get shot in the head and killed by a Ukrainian army member.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post

Would not surprise, the US denies involvement in about everything until it is uncovered, or many years later when they declassify things. Look at Syria now, though the US denies involvement, the rebels now have US made anti-tank weapons.

The US denied numerous Cold War operations, all to disclose them years later after the Cold War.

In the US, the US can legally not disclose operations under the CIA, this is why the decision to kill Bin Laden was a CIA mission instead of a military one (though most everyone involved was military), because if things went wrong, the US could deny it ever happened.

This is the fallacy of all of it; cannot confirm things because they are not able to be confirmed, but msut rely on past actions to make predictions if there is involvement.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
I predict a result of at least 98% in favour of whatever the terrorists pursue, just to top the result of Crimea.
Terrorists? Oh yes, people voting to separate from a failed country that overthrew a president they elected are now "terrorists'; no, the terrorists were the ones who overthrew an elected president instead of voting.

Now people that are voting are the terrorists, and the ones who used violence are not? You have a very skewed view of the world. Your hate blinds any logic you may have. Shooting unarmed civilians is just fine to you, so as long as those unarmed civilians do not align with your bigoted ideological interest.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:23 PM

1,621 posts, read 1,277,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Terrorists? Oh yes, people voting to separate from a failed country that overthrew a president they elected are now "terrorists'; no, the terrorists were the ones who overthrew an elected president instead of voting.

Now people that are voting are the terrorists, and the ones who used violence are not? You have a very skewed view of the world. Your hate blinds any logic you may have. Shooting unarmed civilians is just fine to you, so as long as those unarmed civilians do not align with your bigoted ideological interest.
If the western governments are wondering why the majority of Germans and many Americans have quit buying the B S coming out of the seemingly NSA dominated western media which blindly word for word propagates the U.S. government administration's spin and talking points is the silence of the Obama's and Merkel's administrations when pro western Ukraine troops shoot into crowds in East Ukraine trying to exercise their peaceful right to vote in determining how they want the future of their region to be. I guess the spin that will come from the media will be the unarmed crowds deserved it because the Ukraine army troops felt threatened . The hypocrisy and double standards from Obama and Merkel are astounding but not surprising considering they are politicians well versed in the art of double talk as if one have normally come to expect it from these two. I really hate criticizing Obama by name because many people with racist beliefs criticize him for no other reason other than that they hate the ideal of a black President. I never had high hopes of him because all he is is just the current front man for the U.S. intelligence establishment serving at their mercy. Look at what happened to the Kennedys when they didn't toe the line for the establishment. You can see why a majority of Germans have sympathy for the Russian position when Victoria Nuland and company still hasn't woke up from the 1980's and wants the Germans and the German economy to bear the brunt of the economic costs so they can achieve their living in the past 1980's dream.

Last edited by Coseau; 05-11-2014 at 03:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe