U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2014, 12:15 PM

4,220 posts, read 2,344,863 times

Advertisements

But, unfortunately, wages in the rest of Russia in several times less than in Moscow.
This is a big problem in modern Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 12:19 PM

15,419 posts, read 13,416,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
But, unfortunately, wages in the rest of Russia in times less than in Moscow.
This is a big problem in modern Russia.
I guess what I was getting at that if income was not a concern, I rather live in The Don/Kuban or Ukraine than the St. Pete, to Moscow, to Yekaterinburg area of Russia.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:44 PM

4,220 posts, read 2,344,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I guess what I was getting at that if income was not a concern, I rather live in The Don/Kuban or Ukraine than the St. Pete, to Moscow, to Yekaterinburg area of Russia.
I was born in central Russia (Ivanovo region). I can not judge about the Urals, Siberia and Far East of Russia, I was not there. Many people say, that in Vladivostok good nature.

I think the best place is the Black Sea coast (Anapa - Sochi, Crimea). Don/Kuban (or Ukraine) regions are also good. But I hardly will move from central Russia, even if it will be possible.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:17 PM

5,473 posts, read 9,524,051 times
I don't have stats to back up this statement but i would say that most Russians especially females admire Putin.

Last edited by Rozenn; 06-23-2014 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: User's request

Old 06-21-2014, 01:25 PM

204 posts, read 173,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
This is a blatant lie. If Russian want to destroy you - destroyed, there were plenty of opportunities. Enough already whining about past wars, they are long gone. You also killed Russian. By the way, yesterday the president of the Czech Republic spoke about the possibility of abolishing visas with Russia.
LOL this drunkard has no power whatsoever. I can guarantee you that nobody thinks about abolishing visa for Russians. It's really amusing how Russians always parroting words of similar useless and powerless drunkards or nationalists from western Europe.
Russians should finally realize that only thing we care about is to keep Russians in Russia.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
I don't have stats to back up this statement but i would say that most Russians especially females admire Putin.
Many people (not just females) admire Putin for the stability and prosperity he has brought to Russia after the Yeltsin years. His past is not some hidden secret, I doubt anyone other than a brainless celebrity follower in Russia would not know he was part of the KGB. The KGB thing is so over-hyped, it is almost comical, he was a low-rate intel officer, hardly influential of KGB policy. And, like numerous other things including being a party member, it was just yet another position within the Soviet system, a position that at least guaranteed a not bad quality of life compared to numerous other positions.

I think he is past his time, but as I asked before, if not Putin, then who? Everyone forgets who the second and third largest political parties in Russia are, parties no one would want to be in control of Russia. Unfortunately, Russia still needs a strong arm to keep internal enemies at bay.

Last edited by Rozenn; 06-23-2014 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Orphaned - Response to an edited post

Old 06-21-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
LOL this drunkard has no power whatsoever. I can guarantee you that nobody thinks about abolishing visa for Russians. It's really amusing how Russians always parroting words of similar useless and powerless drunkards or nationalists from western Europe.
Russians should finally realize that only thing we care about is to keep Russians in Russia.
Given the numerous Russians living and visiting in Europe, as well as the huge amount of trade between Europe and Russia, I doubt anyone other than some genocidal fanatic cares to keep Russians in Russia.

And yes, there are talks between Europe and Russia for visa free travel, these talks are suspended right now, but it will happen soon that Russians will not need a visa, or at least a visa as it is now, to travel to Europe. The visa requirement already is comical as about any Russian can get one.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:00 PM

204 posts, read 173,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Given the numerous Russians living and visiting in Europe, as well as the huge amount of trade between Europe and Russia, I doubt anyone other than some genocidal fanatic cares to keep Russians in Russia.

And yes, there are talks between Europe and Russia for visa free travel, these talks are suspended right now, but it will happen soon that Russians will not need a visa, or at least a visa as it is now, to travel to Europe. The visa requirement already is comical as about any Russian can get one.
Huge amount of trade between EU and Russian ? EU exports to Russia represent 1% of the whole block's GDP. That's "hugely" astonishing.
I highly doubt that the EU will abolish Visa requirements for Russians, as I had mentioned before, Russians represent security risk for the EU as far as Putin can use Russian minority as an excuse for invasion. Moreover I thought Russians despise the EU and NATO why are they migrating into the EU and NATO coutries ?
I think the EU needs unilateral decision on visa requirements and I somehow doubt that lets say Schengen members like Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Czech republic, Slovakia or Finland agree with this, it's very risky Russian is unstable country.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:32 PM

5,635 posts, read 2,273,063 times
Quote:
Huge amount of trade between EU and Russian ? EU exports to Russia represent 1% of the whole block's GDP. That's "hugely" astonishing.
Tell the Germans that. You can use generalities and present Europe as a whole but when the rubber meets the road trade between those countries that matter and Russia is to say the least, vital.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:58 PM

14,965 posts, read 13,545,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Tell the Germans that. You can use generalities and present Europe as a whole but when the rubber meets the road trade between those countries that matter and Russia is to say the least, vital.
Streetway lives in the imaginary world, where some "Slovakia" matters, and his/her hatred of Russia is going to be some "decisive factor" in terms of what's laying ahead for Europe. Truth to be told, what really matters ( as far as EU is concerned) is Germany, France, - i.e. the countries of the "Old Europe," where the "New Europe" are really some hitched wagons. Hitched wagons don't make major decisions as hard as they try; the locomotives do, and particularly where Russia is involved - they have their own history of relations, their own calculations. So it's between Russia and the big guys, not some "slovakias." And that's how it has always been.

Last edited by erasure; 06-22-2014 at 12:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe