U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 11:21 AM

3,437 posts, read 5,511,131 times

Advertisements

Another sidenote. I am not trying to offend anybody but I always find it so hard to discuss these matters with Russian people. Russian people are so incredibly brainwashed and manipulated by the Kremlin lies.

One of my best friends is from Russia and after I visited Estonia and Latvia, I tried to discuss in a nice way some of the atrocities Russia did in Estonia and Latvia. In her mind, she truly believes that Russia is a good country that "helped" places like Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Reading some of the posts here from people in Russia, I see exactly the same thing, people who are extremely brainwashed and unable to think clearly. The version of history that Russia teaches its citizens has absolutely nothing to do with reality. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 11:26 AM

238 posts, read 152,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
Meanwhile Russian terrorists robbed passengers of the Malaysian aircraft. How typical bestial behaviour for Russians.
Robbed? Actually here +30 C and these bodies were removed to refrigerators, OSCE inspectors now examining them. Somebody told today that nobody took care about bodies? So what don't you like now?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:34 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,924,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Another sidenote. I am not trying to offend anybody but I always find it so hard to discuss these matters with Russian people. Russian people are so incredibly brainwashed and manipulated by the Kremlin lies.

One of my best friends is from Russia and after I visited Estonia and Latvia, I tried to discuss in a nice way some of the atrocities Russia did in Estonia and Latvia. In her mind, she truly believes that Russia is a good country that "helped" places like Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Reading some of the posts here from people in Russia, I see exactly the same thing, people who are extremely brainwashed and unable to think clearly. The version of history that Russia teaches its citizens has absolutely nothing to do with reality. Just my opinion.
Well, I disagree. What many Russians see is a one way street when describing atrocities, and the tendency to pin all the blame on Russia, while leaving every other USSR republic out of it. Look at Georgia, not even an ounce of blame for Stalin's atrocities, everything Stalin did is thrown on Russia. Look at Ukraine, ethnic Ukrainians a source of very many influential Soviet ideas and leadership, yet go read the school text books there, they cast off any and all responsibility for their Soviet participation though millions of them fought to install a Soviet regime.

The Baltic states and Warsaw Pact had plenty of their own participate in atrocities, but these people are whitewashed in their history to the point of absurdity. It seems it is very difficult for the people of these countries to admit that yes, their own people were full and willing participants in the Soviet system.

I like Germany's approach to their history, I wish all countries would do it like they did.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:34 AM

21,319 posts, read 21,886,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

I know you are, but what am I?

(signed)
--- Boris Badenov

Old 07-20-2014, 11:35 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,924,267 times
Quote:
Meanwhile Russian terrorists robbed passengers of the Malaysian aircraft. How typical bestial behaviour for Russians.
What, you went their personally and reviewed everyone's passports to see where they are from?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:49 AM

5,747 posts, read 2,318,493 times
Quote:
And what of the atrocities so liberally heaped on one group of humanity by another the world over?

You aren't pointing out anything uncommon or new there my friend. What about the Trail Of Tears and the thousands of Cherokee who died here in America on that act of ethic cleansing.

If you really were educated enough to speak on this matter, unbiased and impartial you'd see the root causes of what that was about and not only point a finger at the USSR for what it did. Believe me, the USSR was not the only guilty party involved.

Give yourself a pat on the back, you've accomplished absolutely nothing today.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:00 PM

5,747 posts, read 2,318,493 times
Quote:
Might want to look at some of the family history, there was a lot of those beasts in your neck of the woods boyo.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:05 PM

5,473 posts, read 9,554,794 times
Quote:
There are 154 burned Dutchmen lying on that field there in Donetsk, 27 Australians, 23 Malesians, 11 Indonesians, 6 Brits, 4 Germans and Belgians, 3 from the Philippines, 1 Canadian and atleast 1 American. This includes 80 children. All their possessions...looted and pillaged.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:12 PM

15,039 posts, read 13,627,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The rebs are handing over the boxes.

Rebels take full control of plane crash bodies
I do not understand what else has been expected in case of investigation, when it's happening in the midst of the war. Note to everyone; it's not an easy task to investigate a crash of civil airliner, when people who are in charge of it are in the middle of intensified military actions. Of course they'll be walking around with guns, pointing where you can go and where you can't, as in case with OSCE observers. Particularly when those with guns don't trust in your "best intentions."

Quote:
Thanx Erasure. People "over there" have always been of lesser value to your average American/westerner, especially when it comes to Russians, Muslims ect.
I know that much, but interestingly enough similar attitude is clearly present in PART of the Russians as well.

Quote:
Oh the whining and tears shed when these people have the audacity to fight back. 9/11 came as no surprise to me. What's really pathetic is that the people behind the grief in this world seldom if ever are brought to justice. I think that most of the worlds leaders are psychopaths anymore.

It does take a certain mindset to get to the top in politics, correct me if I'm wrong.
It certainly does. I was watching a "House of Cards" another day - (my son's favorite, ) and it gives some clues into it. Another thing I am thinking in this respect sometimes is Jesse Ventura - the "people's governor" of Minnesota you know, and how fast he has jumped out of it all. (At that he was not even anywhere at the "top.")

Old 07-20-2014, 12:19 PM

204 posts, read 174,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Might want to look at some of the family history, there was a lot of those beasts in your neck of the woods boyo.
I have only Slavic and German predecessors in my family tree. I don't have any mongoloid or asiatic look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe