U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 06:54 AM

4,456 posts, read 3,685,860 times

Advertisements

I had a dream. Buckingham and Nicks played in Donetsk. The song could be appropriate for reflection. The conflict is escalating. Any odds on the 'landslide' coming?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sQ7cuYgjzw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 07:00 AM

4,220 posts, read 2,336,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
CNN interviewed one of the top Ukrainian intelligence guys and his arguments for Russia shooting down the plane made perfect sense to me.

I am 98% convinced that this was done by Russians.
Yes, you did everything right. You must read western press, which is the most reliable and does not contain Propaganda.

http://www.belaruspartisan.org/uploa...eaf22dbc2e.jpg

Old 07-23-2014, 07:00 AM

204 posts, read 172,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Perhaps, or perhaps not. Baltic actors were very popular in Russian movies, but I don't see any Baltic actors in British of French movies. I don't say that the situation there is bad, now they achieved a lot of good things in the EU, and I know that they never really wanted to be in one state with us. But to portray it on only one color - black - is to be a little bit prejudiced, in my humble opinion.

Of course in my country we have saying "všetko zlé je k niečomu dobré" I think in English it would be like everything bad comes with something good.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:05 AM

861 posts, read 977,348 times
^Ok, thanks for the proverb. I'll learn it.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:07 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,513,440 times
Default I don't know (since Moscow doesn't want this anymore)

Ozzy Osbourne - I Don't Know Live @ Moscow Music Peace Festival - YouTube

(1989)

Old 07-23-2014, 07:10 AM

Maksim, the Sun is quite vulgar newspaper. Other mass-media are more calm. Taking into consideration, how many people died, and that the only fact that some of the rebels are from our territory is quite illegal, the reaction of the others are calm.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:21 AM

3,437 posts, read 5,490,577 times
Many Russians seem to believe that they really "helped" the people of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and so many places they illegally occupied. Not to mention all the people they murdered and deported out of their own countries.

What a twisted version of History!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:31 AM

Repubocrat
I didn't say that, I said that it wasn't so black and white. And the Balts still make profit from the connections with us.

Today for example Latvia guests pop-music festival with our "stars". I don't care about these poppish stars, but I guess our neighbors make profit from it.

Ulmanis, Päts and others don't mind trade with us. Despite they were "right-wing". And the dictator here was a "communist".

In a way, that was more "natural", than the annexation. They have their local autocrats and traded with us, without being in one state.

Last edited by Muscovite; 07-23-2014 at 07:46 AM..

Old 07-23-2014, 07:43 AM

3,101 posts, read 4,530,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Many Russians seem to believe that they really "helped" the people of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and so many places they illegally occupied. Not to mention all the people they murdered and deported out of their own countries.

What a twisted version of History!
Can you tell us how you have helped us during the first and second world war? You certainly expert on the history?
As for the topic. as mentioned earlier. Ukraine has no future without Russia. With regard to the situation at the moment, Ukraine has no future. American tycoons have taken most of the Ukrainian industry (example Biden). IMF loans are driving the country into a garbage pit. The EU will never accept ravaged Ukraine in its composition. Attention! Now the question for all of Europe-Who of you will feed more than 40 million impoverished people? Maybe it will make Britain? Maybe Germany? Maybe it will make the U.S.? So armed coup did, the war began and now all you're threw favorite and native Ukraine?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,513,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes, you did everything right. You must read western press, which is the most reliable and does not contain Propaganda.

http://www.belaruspartisan.org/uploa...eaf22dbc2e.jpg
Brits are famous for their tabloid headlines. But i can most honestly tell you that the major evening press tabloids in Finland didn't have blaming headlines like those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe