Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2014, 06:52 PM

238 posts, read 198,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Why on earth don't go to Russia Selena822? Your militia has had it's backside kicked and I'm sure the Russians would welcome you with open arms & the usual bottle of vodka.

The Ukraine won't miss you.
I won't miss Ukraine too, maybe I will leave soon, my fiance insisted that I moved to his place, but who told you that our DPR army was kicked?) As for vodka, I don't drink alcohol, it is bad habit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 12:44 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
Who told me that the "DPR army was kicked" it's all over the world news Selena! everybody seems to know except the people who swallow every bit of Russian propaganda that's fed to them.

And you are right about alcohol of course, Medvedev said that "alcoholism is a Russian national disaster" but then again if you had to live in a place like Russia, maybe it would be better if you were an alcoholic.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:11 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Kievs Maidan heating up again.

Maidan Unrest Back to Life as Activists Clash With Police on Central Kiev Square | World | RIA Novosti

Old 08-07-2014, 06:25 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Because "Ukraine" (at least in its shape and form today) is the project that the West is trying to push forward.
All those cities in the South-East of the country, ( as much as the industry of the East) were essentially built during the times of the Russian Empire, with its "think tank" in Moscow.
Therefore they really belong to Russia, culturally, as much as today's Kiev's government would love to push "Ukrainianization" on those parts of the country. And this "Ukrainianization" is again an artificial thing, even if to take in consideration that the very word "Ukraine" means "the fringes" in Russian.
Therefore the Russians who live there shouldn't be told "take your suitcase and go to Russia" - it's the people who try to remove them should be told "pack your suitcases and move to Lemberg."
You would rather prefer "Russification", as it was extensively done in the past, correct?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:22 AM

235 posts, read 210,985 times
Default Ukraine has NO future

Tanks in Kiev.

Who else doubts that power in Ukraine was seized by junta?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:26 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
You would rather prefer "Russification", as it was extensively done in the past, correct?
No, in this particular situation I'd rather see Donbass left alone, ( being as "Russified" as it is,) and let the rest of Ukrainians stick to their own ideas.

Last edited by erasure; 08-07-2014 at 09:42 AM..

Old 08-07-2014, 10:18 AM

235 posts, read 210,985 times
Default Ukraine has NO future

I have a feeling that the western countries strenuously want to forget about the Boeing.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:35 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
Quote:
I prefer to share it with people which don't know what is going on here, I am
sure Mr. Putin knows about situation in Donetsk. Politics are the same
everywhere, he can't do anything now.
I differ. Vlad's got 20,000+ troops on the border. When the time comes they're going in. More destruction and payback will go on in what is now can be considered a 'wasteland'. Right now, separatists are feeling the Ukrainian pinch so in a bit of of retreat and consolidation they now make sure they threaten the population who don't tie in with their program.
I'm sure a few knives went into a couple of eyes for payback.

So all in all right now with people running for cover, dying or moving 'east' to Russia, it looks as if that scared and 'sacred' land is being prepared for something. Now when the new 'peacekeepers' come they'll be greeted by a dried out and pot-holed moonscape plus fields with destroyed plane parts and parts of bodies..but it's what Mr. Putin wants I think. Empty and right for a glorious picking for the 'good of the cause'.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:47 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Are the store shelfs empty of Western food already in Russia? Enjoy your last bit of Finnish butter or the last Polish apples.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:55 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,562 times
Yea Russia just went on hunger strike, seems there is a surplus of vodka for such decisions to be made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe