U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 06:59 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,162,048 times

Advertisements

I wonder what will happen if the Ukies try by force tho hamper the Red Cross humanitarian convoy entering Novorussia.
Spanning suspense....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 08:05 AM

664 posts, read 699,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I wonder what will happen if the Ukies try by force tho hamper the Red Cross humanitarian convoy entering Novorussia.
Spanning suspense....
You're too bad you know Ukrainians to speculate on this subject. Patriotically citizens have already move to the border to cut off the road by their own cars. Suddenly, huh?
And the Red Cross has no relation to this provocation, read the official message of the Red Cross.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:27 AM

235 posts, read 165,858 times
Default Ukraine has NO future

Inhabitants of the Crimea groan under Putin's oppression!

Old 08-13-2014, 08:32 AM

235 posts, read 165,858 times
Default Ukraine has NO future

Ukraine: ICRC calls for clarity on aid convoy

Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 AM

4,456 posts, read 3,708,653 times
And speaking of the Crimea...

Besides swiping land it looks like Rossiya got a five-finger swipe of 3 Ukrainian football teams out from their league and moved them over to Rossiya's. But it was interesting that the mgrs of the country's top clubs who voted to incorporate the clubs (TSK Simferopol, SKChF Sevastopol and Zhemchuzhina Yalta) into the Russian league were really confused about what to do namely disobeying Putin or risk losing the Cup in '18 because of the fear of sanctions.

All in all, another example of autocracy in the Russian state. Technically the Russian soccer fed is an independent body but it looks like it's a just a shill for Russian political advantage. Seems like Mr. Putin just likes to control everything even the way things like football get bounced around. Vlad goes for goal all the time!

Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 PM

15,049 posts, read 13,649,680 times
I've seen this on quite a few sites on the Russian internet yesterday;

From the war correspondent Yuri Yurchenko
An excerpt.

Donetsk, August 12

Donetsk, 9 P.M.

The van is parked by the side of the road, the driver from DNR troops is talking to someone on the phone;

The fighter: "..I am talking to you from his phone.. Your son shouldn't have come here, to our land! And pass to all mothers out there that they should hurry up and take their sons away from here! And tell Poroshenko the maggot that he should stop sending your guys over here..
And your son, mother, is going to rot here now..." ( He turns the phone off.)

The telephone rings again.

The fighter:
"I told you, your son is dead, I am on his phone, that's it!... ( Noticing his superior approaching the van)
-
" I'll pass the phone to my commanding officer."

The officer;
..."Did you know where your son was heading to?...He is killed. There is a war going on here. Don't call this number any more!..."

(Returning the phone to the fighter )
"...They are crying you see... As if we have nothing to cry about here!"

Just terrible.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:13 PM

15,049 posts, read 13,649,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
You're too bad you know Ukrainians to speculate on this subject. Patriotically citizens have already move to the border to cut off the road by their own cars. Suddenly, huh?
And the Red Cross has no relation to this provocation, read the official message of the Red Cross.
I guess all we can do now is to wait and see what will happen;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcAFq0wyHIA#t=79

Old 08-14-2014, 08:16 AM

4,456 posts, read 3,708,653 times
^
From one who has tried with 'Ostpolitik' to get along with Moscow..Germot Erler, a Social Democrat in the German Parliament:

'The policy of Vladimir Putin is destroying reserves of trust with breathtaking speed. Russia is not naming its goals and has suddenly become unpredictable. And being unpredictable is the greatest enemy of partnership. Restoring trust will take time'.

And for Germany to note that this state of affairs is 'tragic' puts them perhaps on a bad collision course with Putin. They'll surely be watching that convoy in Voronezh.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:25 AM

2,349 posts, read 3,926,983 times
What about the convoy? The media spouts off that the border is unsecure and is free-flowing of weapons and people, why would Russia need to disguise weapons movement in the form of aid if the border already has free flowing of weapons across it?

Just like the MH-17 shoot down; media claims rebels were bragging about capturing a buk a week earlier, but then the media also states Russia gave them a buk. SO which one is it, did the rebels capture one or did Russia give them one? Which one is it, is the border unsecure with weapons freely flowing across it, or does Russia have to sneak weapons in in a huge convoy of trucks?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:33 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,162,048 times
Presposterously, "Business Insider" sees in the fact that the aid convoy may cross the border near Lugansk (rebel territory) instead of crossing it at the northeastern border (near Kharkov/Kharkiv) "something strange". But I've been told the humanitarian aid was precisely destined to the population of the rebel territory, so what's so "strange" about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe