Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 10:45 AM

257 posts, read 518,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Ukrainians and Russian have to change? How?

Tell me how should change Russian.
Well I meant Russians, not Ukrainians. And to answer your question. No, they do not have to change and I do not even know how to do that. The only thing I know for sure is that I am really glad that we do not share common borders anymore with people who think like that. That is my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 10:48 AM

392 posts, read 352,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiri View Post
Well I meant Russians, not Ukrainians. And to answer your question. No, they do not have to change and I do not even know how to do that. The only thing I know for sure is that I am really glad that we do not share common borders anymore with people who think like that. That is my point.
When my mother was alive she made a few trips to the Ukraine to see her mother...She did not say `- I am going to the Ukraine...she said - I am going to Russia....the Ukraine IS Russia.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:49 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
Quote:
The only thing I know for sure is that I am really glad that we do not share common borders anymore with people who think like that. That is my point.
Spoken as someone who comes from a proud country and knows history and understands. Experience is truly valuable. If one wasn't 'in it' you can't even imagine to really 'get it'.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:50 AM

257 posts, read 518,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
When my mother was alive she made a few trips to the Ukraine to see her mother...She did not say `- I am going to the Ukraine...she said - I am going to Russia....the Ukraine IS Russia.
Thank you! Keep confirming what I am trying to say..

Old 03-04-2014, 10:56 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiri View Post
Thank you! Keep confirming what I am trying to say..
Czech Republic can not worry. With you we will fight only in hockey.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:42 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,702 times
Russia warns could 'reduce to zero' economic dependency on US

Old 03-04-2014, 11:52 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,500 times
"Angelina, Londonemails: I am a Russian student living in the UK for the past four years. I come from Rostov-on-Don which is right on the border with Ukraine and have been to Crimea many times. It is fair enough that what is going on inside Russia is my burden to bear, the injustice and crime of all kinds is down to me and my people to resolve. However, being punished by the international community for the decisions of the president who I have never voted for, whose regime already took away my rights inside Russia is not fair. The past weekend there were protests in Russia against any armed conflicts with Ukraine, but I haven't heard either BBC or Sky mentioning that, nor have they mentioned that only in Moscow 300 people were arrested for participating in those peaceful protests. Here I am, not supporting my own government and in danger to speak up against it, damned by my fellow Ukrainians and rejected by the democracies that preach and practice human rights. "

BBC News - LIVE: Ukraine crisis

Old 03-04-2014, 11:53 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,500 times
"A chief rabbi in Ukraine, Yaakov Dov Bleich, has accused Russia of staging anti-Semitic "provocations" in Crimea in order to justify its invasion of Ukraine, the Jewish Telegraphic News Agency reports. "Things may be done by Russians dressing up as Ukrainian nationalists," he said, comparing it to the behaviour of the Nazis prior to the invasion of Austria in 1938."

Old 03-04-2014, 11:56 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
"Angelina, Londonemails: I am a Russian student living in the UK for the past four years. I come from Rostov-on-Don which is right on the border with Ukraine and have been to Crimea many times. It is fair enough that what is going on inside Russia is my burden to bear, the injustice and crime of all kinds is down to me and my people to resolve. However, being punished by the international community for the decisions of the president who I have never voted for, whose regime already took away my rights inside Russia is not fair. The past weekend there were protests in Russia against any armed conflicts with Ukraine, but I haven't heard either BBC or Sky mentioning that, nor have they mentioned that only in Moscow 300 people were arrested for participating in those peaceful protests. Here I am, not supporting my own government and in danger to speak up against it, damned by my fellow Ukrainians and rejected by the democracies that preach and practice human rights. "

Where is the evidence? Where links to videos?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe