U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 PM

15,045 posts, read 13,641,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
When you think about it, Obama didn't stand a chance against Putin.

In 1977, Putin had just moved from the second directorate of the KGB (counterintelligence) to the first directorate (foreign intelligence) and was working hard at his post in Dresden, East Germany, spying (and recruiting spies) for the Soviet Union.

According to his autobiographies, in 1977, Obama was smoking dope and ditching high school classes with his surfer buddies in Hawaii...
Obama "smoking dope" in 1977 is not a big deal - half of the US was smoking dope in 1977 and probably still does .
What's important, is the cards that Putin has in his hands today.

Putin is a Frankenstein created by the West; there is a long and rather peculiar story behind this creation, but whatever it is - now go try to control him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 08:45 PM

6,973 posts, read 12,494,406 times
I do not understand how the USA, is allowed to involve itself in so many countries business. It is one after the other. If it is not financial aid it is our involvement in their wars or conflicts. Especially since the USA cannot manage this country, and provide properly for our own citizens. I am sorry about what is happening in the Ukraine, but simply put many Americans are suffering terribly, and I doubt the world would come to our aid. 1 million in foreign aid, when many Americans go without food and shelter in this terrible winter. Homeless people wandering about all over this country. There is something seriously wrong with our Gov't.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:49 PM

1,826 posts, read 1,496,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I wondered about it myself.
The new gov. in Kiev said that Ukraine needs $36 billions and I doubt that anyone can come up with money that this country needs. The industrial base of Ukraine is in the East and it's going to be hit hard with gas price going up; no wonder they are all up in arms down there.
Of course next loans from IMF will come with strings attached, and that usually means the destruction of "inefficient" local economy, ( speaking of the East again,) and again they know they'll be targeted.
And this one billion form the US?
Yeah, that most likely will go straight to Putin's pocket.
God help these people ( the Ukrainians.)
I seriously can't see the USA politically coming up with 36 billion dollars considering the USA will be paying more on the interest on their debt than their military budget in just 6 years. The American media is already trying to condition the public for deep cuts to Social Security. Tax cuts for the wealthy while simultaneously fighting 2 major wars and a 700 billion dollar bailout for Wall Street has put the USA behind the 8 ball financially. Putin doesn't even have to invade the rest of eastern Ukraine. All Putin has to do is wait for Ukraine to implode like Greece or Argentina financially and economically in a few years time due to the conditions to obtain those IMF loans to get the Eastern region of Ukraine to separate and form its own government which will most likely be more friendly to Russia. Ukraine might as well kiss Crimea goodbye because that region is good as gone and will become its own nation. Ukraine doesn't have the armed might to take it back. This is what happen when you disarm and give up your nukes.

Last edited by Coseau; 03-04-2014 at 09:01 PM..

Old 03-05-2014, 12:49 AM

2,339 posts, read 1,376,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
Dear gsgsgs, can you please do me a favor? Watch this 13 munutes german's video and tell me what's the author says about (in a few words).

Verschwörung der Medien - Terroristische Aktionen friedlicher Demonstranten - YouTube

Old 03-05-2014, 12:54 AM

2,339 posts, read 1,376,115 times
... and one more... (if you have some spare time)

UKRAINE: Klitschko E-Mails und Medien-Verschwörung belegen ORCHESTRIERTEN STAATSSTREICH! - YouTube

Old 03-05-2014, 04:39 AM

261 posts, read 201,312 times
how about wikipedia ?
Wikinews, the free news source

2014 Russian military intervention in Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Crimean_crisis

good,complete,unbiased ?!?

they probably have pages in Russian,Ukrainian too

Last edited by gsgsgs; 03-05-2014 at 05:03 AM..

Old 03-05-2014, 04:53 AM

musiqum, 1st video:
the first video complains about anti-Russian bias in the media especially in Germany,
(although the speaker has a clear Swiss accent)
These exist, but are not typical , free press (IMO)
USA would have financed (many of the) the protests, $2M per week
he claims the demonstants were mainly paid and violent while
media say they were mainly nonviolent
he picks examples to support that, but bo statistics
"Komplott der Medien"
Spiegel,Tagesspiegel,...kriegstreiberisch ....Staatsanwaltschaft

Old 03-05-2014, 04:58 AM

2nd video ...
military musik, Klitschko ,
19min ... hard to see what they want

same voice as the 1st ?
too long ... I skipped the mid part
end same as the 1st video

----------------
btw. wikipedia writes that Russian state-TV deliberately sent
wrong reports, videos, "molotov cocktails" were mentioned
that youtube video may have picked from those
--edit-----
I can't find that now, so maybe it was unreliable and removed.
Not so easy to check. Just be careful with such videos

Last edited by gsgsgs; 03-05-2014 at 05:58 AM..

Old 03-05-2014, 05:59 AM

factcheck on Crimea :

FactCheck: Crimea myth and reality | The FactCheck Blog | The FactCheck Blog

not in accordance with international law, as Putin claims

Old 03-05-2014, 07:09 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,159,161 times
And the invasion of Irak and the bombing of Serbia, it was in accordance with international law ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe