Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 03:14 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,383 times

Advertisements

Re: 'You know nothing about Rossiya'...

I am not Russian but I am a student of history. 'Occupied Hungary' to a point from erasure and for that matter 'occupied eastern Europe taught me a bit about Mother Rossiya and gave me insight into her character. From her travels there it showed me how there's no 'flim-flam' in Russian foreign policy when she acts in her interests. Commendable in the sense of knowing what is wanted and going after it but it can show a destructive approach to solving great political and social problems. The terrible bull-in-the-china shop.

The post-war world really in Eastern Europe has always sat in the pile of cra* dumped on it during the 'occupation'. For some countries the fears have all come up again like a nightmare because the bear is mucking around in another den.
One country in particular knows this character and is taking steps to wean itself away from its former nemesis particularly in the energy category. Good to see. The time for being a hostage in energy matters has to end. But I have to say I am really disappointed with Hungary. Don't know where Orban's seeming love-fest with Mr. Putin's Rossiya will take his country but truly they faked me out after all the history. I think Putin's spies in the country and Parliament had to have done very good work to swing Hungary his way a bit now. Autocracy looks very inviting! They were very good weathermen getting the wind to blow their way.

maksim..I think the function of 'journalism' operates differently in our countries. We air 'dirty-laundry'. We have an 'open' society. Those 'experimenting' with it there or towing a different 'line' say a serious one get drowned right in the wash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 04:54 AM

235 posts, read 210,967 times
Default So who nazis?

The UN approved the Russian resolution on fight against manifestations of Nazism.
Ukraine, the USA and Canada voted against the document

Old 11-22-2014, 10:59 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,433,136 times
Quote:
The UN approved the Russian resolution on fight against manifestations of Nazism.
Ukraine, the USA and Canada voted against the document
Got a link?

Old 11-22-2014, 11:05 AM

Nvmd.

TASS: Russia - Russian foreign ministry regrets U.S., Canada, Ukraine vote against UN resolution

Old 11-23-2014, 08:10 PM

566 posts, read 503,429 times
If we could get back to the situation in Ukraine, and away from other nonesense.
The Ukraine is arming their army to re-invade and re-take Donetsk and Lukhansk. This will happen with full NATO, US, EU backing and before the snow and rains.

Russia ifcourse will not let any of it happen...
We could be assured of a wider war in some 2 weeks or less.
Ifcourse, the illegal Poroshenko regime benefited from the illegal removal of the legal pres.Yanukovich by the neo-Nazi junta.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:07 AM

Mr. Gomar...

Suggestions on 'dehyping' the conflict? I recognize 'neo-Nazi' is a description but frankly it does nothing help to set the temp down. It has always been my view that Ukraine has changed in its political and eco outlook and Mr. Putin has ignored the semblance of change in the country in the sense that it doesn't want a 'western' orientation and appears it will fight it to the death. Perhaps it's time for him to have summit with Kiev and discuss the problem. Why should thousands die and cities and towns be destroyed over this? Time for him to try and move the goalposts a bit.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Perhaps it's time for him to have summit with Kiev and discuss the problem. Why should thousands die and cities and towns be destroyed over this? Time for him to try and move the goalposts a bit.
Perhaps it's time for the west to stop sowing death and destruction on just about every continent on this planet. We don't need another century of people having "democracy" inflicted upon them for the sake of profits and special interests.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:48 AM

Russia cuts off coal to Ukraine.

TASS: World - Suspension of Russian coal supplies to trigger electricity shortages in Ukraine

Old 11-25-2014, 10:11 AM

Scrat....

I'll admit 'democracy' isn't such an easy political process. But why on the other hand do governments find it better to implement autocracy rather than instituting democracy? Much much easier I think.
The boot which clamps down is a lot easier to get going than the other 'messy' political orientation.
Whatever 'democracy' Rossiya experienced unfortunately wasn't given time to develop. When it comes to time, we can figure it was only a few millisecs considering how it developed through the millennia. Just like wine, to get good vats you need time and care. If the soil is poor the grapes won't grow.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:11 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,560,839 times
Hacked US Documents Said To Reveal Extent Of Undisclosed US "Lethal Aid" For Ukraine Army

No real surprise. When a government and its media has to constantly preface its operations as non-lethal aid, it appears that they're going over the top to try to reinforce a message, regardless of whether it's factual. It looked suspiciously like propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe