U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 01:54 PM

84 posts, read 70,758 times

Advertisements

I'd like to add more exact translation to the movie of the post #6797 (vide supra).

Official and man "1".
- I can't understand you.
- Can you see this? I've brought the banner from captivity. Look, a crowd has gathered at the building. Let's go, answer them. My wife risked for the banner her life. Can you understand what is the banner's price?
- The banner was removed by somebody. And he wanted to do so. It happened at night...Yesterday evening the banner was at its place yet.
- And why hasn't it been hung to its place?
- They will hang it soon.
- Not soon but just now.
- Why are you screaming?
- Because some peoples were shot away for the sake of this banner.
- Have you said all?
- No, not all. ...If the circumstances in the city will get worse I shall not be silent.

Man "2".
I have read about the banner in Internet and was discouraged.

The secretary and secuirity
- Stop them, please...
- What may I do with them?

Man "1"
- My hand was shot off in captivity. Can you see...That the banner!

Official and man "1".
- What do you want? I'm going to write a declaration and leave my job. Will you be able to do it instead of me? Will you be a chief? That's all. I leave today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 02:10 PM

24,268 posts, read 18,685,659 times
Dear President Putin and Russian People

Some very famous people have signed the letter. Check it out if you find anyone familiar.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:46 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,690,506 times
Maksim Maksim Maksim...please read and study your history and especially the FACTS. It is deleterious to 'put oneself on'. Sorry that this is a digression but you see everything over there is 'related' to the past. The past NEVER goes away. It is always bubbling in the water running on through its courses through time......;-)....

Old 12-10-2014, 06:03 PM

14,967 posts, read 13,548,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: 'the Russians 'liberating' Czechoslovakia'..

i usually try to temper myself here but this incredible, jaundiced and asinine remark truly shows how some would like to re formulate history to conform to their interpretation of what occurred in postwar Eastern Europe. 'Traditional' history is not off the mark with the invasion of both Czechslovakia and Hungary by Soviet armed forces. They suppressed them with brutal fervor. The Russian boot was alive and kicking in 56 and 68. They brooked no dissent. It's the Russian way or the highway.
Even if it's a more complicated case with Czechoslovakia, Hungary was downright part of Axis, plain and simple.
So what did you expect? What kind of "treatment," when the losing party went to the winner?

Old 12-10-2014, 09:13 PM

5,636 posts, read 2,273,063 times
I guess this is Antonovs latest achievement.

http://i.imgur.com/HxKASaX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ew0cwQN.jpg

These were the people who built the AN-225. Oh how far they have fallen. They'll never be allowed to do it again, at least not for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv7ezaUDcwg

Last edited by Rozenn; 12-15-2014 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 12-12-2014, 10:50 AM

5,636 posts, read 2,273,063 times
Ukrainian black hole.

RICHARD RAHN: Ukraine facing bankruptcy - Washington Times

Old 12-12-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Even if it's a more complicated case with Czechoslovakia, Hungary was
downright part of Axis, plain and simple.
So what did you expect? What kind
of "treatment," when the losing party went to the winner?
I kind of think Russia has learned nuances in the conduct of international diplomacy from 56 and 68 when it comes to 'liberation'. For now in the Crimea, it's an 'annexation'. Sounds less combative with the text. Invasion of course is too too much in the face to describe a roaming activity used to acquire land without permission.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:47 AM

4,220 posts, read 2,344,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
I kind of think Russia has learned nuances in the conduct of international diplomacy from 56 and 68 when it comes to 'liberation'. For now in the Crimea, it's an 'annexation'. Sounds less combative with the text. Invasion of course is too too much in the face to describe a roaming activity used to acquire land without permission.
Do you think the Crimean population supports accession to Russia?

Old 12-12-2014, 12:08 PM

^
I believe it was 'overwhelming', right?

Old 12-12-2014, 12:18 PM

4,220 posts, read 2,344,863 times
You have not answered my question. Yes or no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe