Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 08:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,345,218 times

Advertisements

Apparently the gurus of trophies have noticed a trend with Ukrainian APCs. BMP 2s are becoming rare on the battle field and the older BMP 1 is more prevalent.

BMP 1s are from the 1960s the first model of a very successful line. They come with a 75mm low pressure gun (a howitzer with a higher education) that's good for shooting up houses and bunkers but has a short range and dubious accuracy farther away than point blank.

BMP 2s are newer and with a superior 30mm auto cannon that can fire armor piercing ammunition and are capable of fitting anti tank missiles.

According to Lost Armor Ukrainian BMP 2s have taken a real beating with them being the majority of APC losses. Toss in the fact that a lot of them came from scrap yards to begin with I'll bet they're breaking down a lot too. The UAF may be running out of them and are pulling even older BMP 1s from the junk yards to replace them. Some of the utility trucks seen are really old too.

This too from ITAR TASS.

TASS: World - DPR militias nip attempted breakthrough of two convoys with munitions towards Debaltsevo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 09:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,345,218 times
According to UNIAN news a forward ammunition dump in Kherson was sabotaged. 6 dead 11 injured.

Good news if true. UAF has problems all around.

LiveLeak.com - In Kherson National Guard Weapons Depot Attack Reported Kills 6 Injures 11

Old 02-01-2015, 11:07 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,157,667 times
Nikishino village, district Debalcevo.

http://youtu.be/5z3Q-Q3_cco

Commentary on the video: "Strange War. Without aviation, without electronics. Only artillery, tanks and infantry."

Old 02-02-2015, 12:39 AM

Ukrainian deputy Dmitry Yarosh ("Right sector") said that they would create a "parallel the General Staff" for coordinating volunteer battalions in the South-East of Ukraine.

Ukrainian language:
Ô.ïрþш рþ÷ÿþòіò ÿрþ ÑÂтòþрõýýѠ“ÿðрðûõÃȄŒÃ½Ã¾Ã³à ¾ ÓõýшÑ‚ðñуâ€Â. ÃÂþòøýø ýð ãÃÂÃÂ

In fact, he admitted that part of the battalions do not obey the command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (in time of war!). Magical mess. Classical civil war.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:12 AM

By the way, "Motorola's birthday today! Hero 32 years. Happy Birthday, Motorola!"(с)

http://x-true.info/uploads/posts/201...v4_bu2bz8q.jpg

http://x-true.info/uploads/posts/201...w9iz9pwtts.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arseny_Pavlov
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9C...D0%B5%D0%B2%29

Old 02-02-2015, 11:43 AM

10,062 posts, read 12,712,992 times
Back in 1918, U.S. Senator Hiram Johnson supposedly said "The first casualty when war comes is truth". With that in mind, I don't know who to believe about this war. People can fake all kinds of footage these days with Photoshop and other tools. What I do know is that most of this misnamed "Future of Ukraine" thread overwhelmingly supports the East Ukraine militias. I also know that how you feel about the United States and Russia goes a long way in determining whose side you support.
I doubt the oligarchs are suffering in this war. In fact, they may be benefitting from it.

My belief is that partitioning Ukraine and a population transfer may be the best option now.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
What I do know is that most of this misnamed "Future of Ukraine" thread overwhelmingly supports the East Ukraine militias.
I think that people, who do not share the views of militias, can be divided into two classes:
1. People, who do not like Russia (for whatever reasons).
2. Residents of Ukraine, who supported by the current government.
First group mostly silent, because they do not have access to interesting information. Conflict occurs in Russian language and Western media do not tell the details of the war (Western people should not doubt, that they are right in supporting the regime Poroshenko, Yatseniuk, Yarosh, etc).
Second group (Ukrainians) are going through hard times, they do not have the time or desire to write on this forum.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:38 PM

4,454 posts, read 4,587,575 times
^
Well I speak for myself. I 'like' Russia. I harbor no ill-will toward the country nor its people. Thing it's the fact that she 'disappoints' in her interminable fascination with playing the 'victim' of Western evil and perfidy. I don't know specifically what they call it in psychology but she suffers from it. Thus continuing to add towards autocratic neuroses already prevalent on the globe.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:57 PM

24,205 posts, read 24,654,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
What I do know is that most of this misnamed "Future of Ukraine" thread overwhelmingly supports the East Ukraine militias. I also know that how you feel about the United States and Russia goes a long way in determining whose side you support.
I doubt the oligarchs are suffering in this war. In fact, they may be benefitting from it.
We liberal Europeans tried to argue with the pro-Russian side for maybe the first 1000 posts, using rational arguments, and now we are counting 7500 posts, not including many which have been deleted. But when we have to encounter truckloads of manure while we only have spoons, people simply left the thread and it became a playground for putinists posting videos in a language (Russian) we don't understand. So what can you say? I choose to spend my time more wisely.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:18 PM

303 posts, read 252,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
We liberal Europeans tried to argue with the pro-Russian side for maybe the first 1000 posts, using rational arguments, and now we are counting 7500 posts, not including many which have been deleted. But when we have to encounter truckloads of manure while we only have spoons, people simply left the thread and it became a playground for putinists posting videos in a language (Russian) we don't understand. So what can you say? I choose to spend my time more wisely.
Rather, I would say that your rational arguments were not arguments. Version that the Russian aggressor does not stand absolutely no criticism. it only fueled rampant, crazy European propoganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe