Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 11:39 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

Advertisements

Conscience is silent! (from Vasya Lozhkin)

http://youtu.be/K_nOedygUjI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 11:47 AM

235 posts, read 211,164 times
Default Ukraine has no future

Pro-u.s. troops?????

Pro-u.s. nazi-troops!!!

Old 02-09-2015, 11:49 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And Russia was not destroyed by oligarchs? Ukraine followed more or less the same scheme as Russia in the nineties, but the results were more dire, simply for a fact that Ukraine didn't have the same kind of natural resources that Russia had. Let's face it Maxim - the reasons behind Ukraine's poverty was not just "oligarchs," - it was the complex reasons of not being an economically independent country for the last 300 years, a country dependent on Russian/ Soviet economy, a country in many ways of Russian mentality, where people without being able to comprehend their economic situation wanted things to change miraculously overnight, just because they "told" their politicians "to join European Union."
I agree with you. Perhaps, Ukraine was necessary to stay with Russia during the collapse of the Soviet Union. This would preserve the common natural resource base and the single industrial complex. This would not solve the problem of the oligarchs, but today's problems would not exist.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:56 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I agree with you. Perhaps, Ukraine was necessary to stay with Russia during the collapse of the Soviet Union. This would preserve the common natural resource base and the single industrial complex. This would not solve the problem of the oligarchs, but today's problems would not exist.
Of course it should have never split from Russia.
But then, again, Russia shouldn't have been "Putin's Russia." But then, again, we all know why it became "Putin's Russia," and what led to it. And that's how the story goes "у попа была собака."

Old 02-09-2015, 12:20 PM

303 posts, read 255,242 times
Realy in Soviet Union where two two monetary black holes - Ukraine and Kazakhstan. They also became reasons the collapse of the USSR. Kazakhstan got up, Ukraine - not. Even despite the fact that Russia is very much helped Ukraine by transporting gas and through the lease of the base in the Crimea. Corruption in Ukraine is eaten all. At the same time, Belarus, which was in much worse financial position (there was not any gas pipeline, no Crimea) more than feeling quite good, but even before that, if I'm not mistaken, Belarus has not been loss-making part of the USSR. So it can be said, that Russia had profit from branch of Ukraine.

ps. But also lost - Plants Motor Sich, AN, Yuzhmash, Kraz, which is now completely stopped.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:22 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
I was born in Kiev Ukraine.
I do not harbor ill will towards Russia.

I have been following Russian and Ukrainian News since the beginning and Ukrainians with their Poroshnko are not the good guys here.

Who is the lesser SOB here is the real question.

What holds Putin in power ? How did Poroshenko come to power. Why are Poroshenko's troops shelling Ukrainian citizens while saying they are fighting Russian army ?

There is allot of leading questions that can be asked to paint the picture of what I can see. But Poroshenko and the like do not belong in the free world.

Let's work to putting a stop to civilian loss of life and the humanitarian nightmare that is there, in Ukraine, it's not in Russia, it's in Ukraine...

Old 02-09-2015, 12:29 PM

303 posts, read 255,242 times
DPolo, realy, we can't do almost anything to stop the war. Cause Putin would not stop it by forse, that would not scare off the EU and the US will not be able to win the war.

And all pease initiatives ending provocations of "volunteer units" not obeying Kiev.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:51 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
DPolo, realy, we can't do almost anything to stop the war. Cause Putin would not stop it by forse, that would not scare off the EU and the US will not be able to win the war.

And all pease initiatives ending provocations of "volunteer units" not obeying Kiev.

I do not buy those cries. Ukrainian citizens that live in Donbas region are being killed and their property destroyed, the people who are doing the killing are wearing Ukrainian flags and they are saying that they are fighting Russian insurgents.

If you live in Ukraine and see Poroshenko as a dictator, you become a "volunteer unit" not obeying Kiev.

If Russia is protecting it's interests in Ukraine, it's nothing that US would not have done had the situation been reversed.

I mean what happens if Ukrain's army puts it's arms down and goes home?

basically: Ukraine had a coupe, the new leadership is waging a civil war designed to kill off the population of Ukraine that sympotises with Russia and it's all Putin's fault. This is what you guys are telling me!

Russian Ukrainian border has visa free tourism, it's not that difficult for a private citizen to cross that border. Can private Russian citizen, outraged by the news cross the border to help the separatists ?

Can Putin help arm and supply the separatists? (US has never done the same ?)

Again, why is Ukrainian army using heavy artillery on their own cities targeting buildings, hospitals, kindergartens? There is a separatist with an Ak-47 hiding there.

I am not saying that Putin is the messiah, but like I said, Poroshenko does not belong in the free world.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:54 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
Realy in Soviet Union where two two monetary black holes - Ukraine and Kazakhstan. They also became reasons the collapse of the USSR. Kazakhstan got up, Ukraine - not. Even despite the fact that Russia is very much helped Ukraine by transporting gas and through the lease of the base in the Crimea. Corruption in Ukraine is eaten all. At the same time, Belarus, which was in much worse financial position (there was not any gas pipeline, no Crimea) more than feeling quite good, but even before that, if I'm not mistaken, Belarus has not been loss-making part of the USSR. So it can be said, that Russia had profit from branch of Ukraine.

ps. But also lost - Plants Motor Sich, AN, Yuzhmash, Kraz, which is now completely stopped.
That is incorrect.

Ukraine was not a financial black hole, the USSR drew the border in the east where it is today because that area was an industrial area, and the USSR wanted to prop up the Ukrainian SSR's economy. This is one reason why we have the fighting we have going on now; this arrangement was all good under the USSR, but not so good as an independent Ukraine because people in the east never considered themselves under Ukraine, but it did not matter at the time under the USSR.

The financial black holes in the USSR were the central Asian states, those places drained the Soviet economy. This is why these same states wants to stay with Russia after the USSR but Russia said "thanks but no thanks".

Old 02-09-2015, 01:15 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,078,581 times
The financial black hole of the USSR was communism and the soviet empire; Vietnam, Cuba, Angola, Mozambique, Ethiopia, Comecom, Eastern European countries.

Allmost free energy for them all, free resources. During communism, the USSR was a third world war desguised as superpower, giving away their resources to foster a fantasy that was not sustainable.

Russian economy is marching to another collapse, as Putin tries to maintain the fiction of a not sustainable "New USSR".

Russia does not produce anything competitive except commodities, and their economy is a third world economy, not the Leontiev Paradox. Putin is just looking for a solution out of the conflict, and he will find it, as the EEC only wants to make business with Russia, and Putin's partners need the west.

All those ignorants that still believe in the re-emergence of the USSR will see spider webs in their bellies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe