Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 10:19 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re:"Tell me, who destroys homes in Donetsk and killing local residents? Is it Russia? No, it is Ukraine, which blinded by the idea of "Ukraine is one country, they must obey Kiev!"

You kill people, and that's too bad."

We must also remember Putin's ravaging policies towards Ukraine are also responsible for the million who have been displaced and about 5,000 who have been killed in this criminal war.

And on another note I see that Putin's former stooge in Ukraine who was unceremoniously kicked out practically without his pants on will supposedly make a statement on Russian TV (of course..get the people in line) where he says he 'is ready to return to Ukraine'. Nothing like Vladimir Putin inciting events.

Europe needs to wake up. Putin is constantly shaking up the already precarious Ukrainian sovereignity. With talk of a stooge coming back he further shows he is playing a reckless and provocative game in Ukraine. He sad to say is playing a very very dangerous game.

Allow me to disagree here. It's Maidan in Kiev that's responsible for all this. As I've already said, when you overthrow the government, you run a risk of civil war.

This is the initial reaction of people of Kharkov for example, when Bandera people showed up in the city and tried to take over the government building. Ariete posted this video long time ago, and that's what made me start watching the rest of events there, because I was not aware of situation in Ukraine at that point of time at all. So don't tell me please it's all "Putin" ( unless, of course, you think that all these people should have been put in prisons, in order to be silenced the "democratic way" you know... )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8_KhrwEPE

This was very telling ( for me) regarding the attitude of the commoners of the Eastern part of the country towards the Maidan events. And it's the same city where Pravi Sector is organizing now the "peace marches" under its banners, with regular chanting of Nationalists, in the language which is not spoken in this area by locals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 10:23 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
He is little bit of info on the facade leadership of "DNR", Russian nazis from Russia were employed by Putin' regime in a hybrid war it wages.

Fascism Comes to Ukraine -- From Russia | RealClearPolitics

in the east of Ukraine, the separatist movement is giving key posts in its puppet governments to people like Russian “political consultant” Aleksandr Borodai, the new “prime minister” of the “Donetsk People’s Republic.” Even leaving aside the fact that this new servant of Ukrainian federalism is a Russian citizen rumored to work for Russia’s state security agency, the FSB, Borodai has a long history of involvement with Russian ultranationalist circles.

In the 1990s, Borodai worked for the newspaper Zavtra (“Tomorrow”), run by the eccentric journalist and novelist Aleksandr Prokhanov—a devout Stalinist and notorious anti-Semite whose ideology bears strong marks of Russian fascism if not Nazism (including fascination with the idea that Russia is the true “mystical womb” of Aryan civilization). This week, Prokhanov sang Borodai’s praises to Russia’s National News Service, calling him a true “White Russian nationalist.” And Borodai’s involvement with Russia’s nationalist lunatic fringe—which, these days, is scarily close to the mainstream—is not limited to the past. In December 2011, he and Prokhanov co-founded the “patriotic” Web TV channel Den-TV (“Day”); today, Borodai is one of the channel’s three editorial board members, along with Prokhanov, and one of its regular hosts. Among Den-TV’s other regulars: Konstantin Dushenov, a writer who has actually served time in a penal colony for anti-Semitic incitement. Dushenov is the author of a video series titled “Russia With a Knife in its Back: Jewish Fascism and the Genocide of the Russian People,” and the publisher of a 2006 open letter asking for a ban on all Jewish organizations in Russia.

This is just one example of the key role nationalist extremist groups from Russia have played in separatist militancy in Eastern Ukraine. On May 7, the Ukrainian security service, the SBU, released the audio of an intercepted telephone conversation in which a man said to be Aleksandr Barkashov, the leader of Russian National Unity—a paramilitary group that can, without exaggeration, be called neo-Nazi—was instructing an organizer of the Donetsk independence referendum, Dmitro Boitsov, on making up the required results.

Btw, Yanukovich was not kicked out, he just fled to Russia for no obvious (for the outsiders) reason, perhaps comrade Putin has made him an offer he could not refuse. Russians call "a president abandoning his post" a military coup, Orwell rests.

Last edited by RememberMee; 02-22-2015 at 11:03 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 10:43 AM

It's true that there are many people in Kharkov nostalgic for the times of USSR, yet the Russian nazi element doesn't dominate the scene, people treat Russian language as lingua franca and they don't attach strong Russian nazi sentiments to it. Last spring boat loads of the Russian nazis from Russia came to Kharkov to establish KNR (Kharkov Republic, you could actually buy KNR flags on ebay, Russians comrades thought about it in advance). Gangs of the Russian nazis attacked Ukrainian government buildings and raised Russian flag over main municipal building. A Russian nazi from Russia removed the flag. I am not quite sure how Russian nazis and local 5th column were subdued, but considering that a former Kharkov Mair was shot, it looks like he didn't cooperate with a hybrid war scenarios to Kremlin' liking.

Here is how Russia approved "revolt" looked like. Lying comrade Erasure calls those Kharkov patriots "Bandera people". Demonize, beat, kill, dominanate. A simple Russian recipe for a hybrid war.

At approximately 14:20 local time a legion of
several thousand people carrying Russian flags attacked the Kharkiv
Region Administrative Building where a group of civic self-defense
activists of Kharkiv were staying since February, 22
. The young
defenders, some under 18 years old: students, doctors and football fans,
were brutally beaten and publicly humiliated in front of the crowd of
exultant people who were sure that they had overcome dangerous
“extremists” and “terrorists” from Western Ukraine, “invaders” in the
Eastern city of Kharkiv. 130 people were gravely injured, some disappeared. A famous Ukrainian poet Sergey Zhadan
suffered a concussion, he was covered in blood when found and saved by
the local police. Furthermore, the State Flag of Russia was placed on
the Kharkiv Region Administrative Building after capturing the
activists.

LiveLeak.com - Putins Propaganda Machine Busses in thousands of Russians to incite rebellion and provoke violence in Ukraine.

Last edited by RememberMee; 02-22-2015 at 11:04 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 10:49 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re:"Tell me, who destroys homes in Donetsk and killing local residents? Is it Russia? No, it is Ukraine, which blinded by the idea of "Ukraine is one country, they must obey Kiev!"

You kill people, and that's too bad."

We must also remember Putin's ravaging policies towards Ukraine are also responsible for the million who have been displaced and about 5,000 who have been killed in this criminal war.

And on another note I see that Putin's former stooge in Ukraine who was unceremoniously kicked out practically without his pants on will supposedly make a statement on Russian TV (of course..get the people in line) where he says he 'is ready to return to Ukraine'. Nothing like Vladimir Putin inciting events.

Europe needs to wake up. Putin is constantly shaking up the already precarious Ukrainian sovereignity. With talk of a stooge coming back he further shows he is playing a reckless and provocative game in Ukraine. He sad to say is playing a very very dangerous game.

According to Ukrainian apologists "It's Putin's fault !" they kill their own citizens.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
According to Ukrainian apologists "It's Putin's fault !" they kill their own citizens.
Like this one:

Posting on Facebook, Alexander Belov, the leader of the banned Movement Against Illegal Immigration (known by its Russian acronym DPNI), announced the death in Donetsk of Sergei Vorotsev. Vorotsev was a former organizer for the DPNI in the Moscow Region town of Korolev (Official Facebook page of DPNI, June 4). According to the same posting, Vorotsev was killed in the battle for the Donetsk airport.

The Involvement of Russian Ultra-Nationalists in the Donbas Conflict | The Jamestown Foundation

Old 02-22-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Like this one:

Posting on Facebook, Alexander Belov, the leader of the banned Movement Against Illegal Immigration (known by its Russian acronym DPNI), announced the death in Donetsk of Sergei Vorotsev. Vorotsev was a former organizer for the DPNI in the Moscow Region town of Korolev (Official Facebook page of DPNI, June 4). According to the same posting, Vorotsev was killed in the battle for the Donetsk airport.

The Involvement of Russian Ultra-Nationalists in the Donbas Conflict | The Jamestown Foundation
I am sorry, are saying that my statement is not true ?

"Ukrainian citizens are killing each other and Putin who is not a Ukrainian official is to blame for it ?"

For example :
Rt.com asks the question:
-Who were the snipers that opened fire on Maidan?
Poroshenko response:
- It's Putin's fault !

My point being to get somewhere one has to take responsibility for their actions and learn from their mistakes. I am not seeing anything constructive from Ukrainian side.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:15 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
It pays to be the son of the Vice President.

PEU Report: EU to Enrich Hunter Biden?

Old 02-22-2015, 10:30 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
While Western media is full of images of commemoration of Maidan's anniversary in Kiev, it's not in a rush to show how this anniversary is celebrated in Mariupol in the Eastern part of the country. ( population 461, 810)

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...83&oe=5585B066

The image is too inconvenient.
But at least there were no explosions during "celebration," as in Kharkov.

Last edited by erasure; 02-22-2015 at 10:39 PM..

Old 02-22-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I am sorry, are saying that my statement is not true ?

"Ukrainian citizens are killing each other and Putin who is not a Ukrainian official is to blame for it ?"

For example :
Rt.com asks the question:
-Who were the snipers that opened fire on Maidan?
Poroshenko response:
- It's Putin's fault !

My point being to get somewhere one has to take responsibility for their actions and learn from their mistakes. I am not seeing anything constructive from Ukrainian side.
Comrade dpolo, dont weasel out. What do russian nazis and regulars do in Donbass if it is a civil war? It doesnt look like a civil war at all, just Russian invadors and local traitors fighting for Ukraine to disappear to the glory of the nascent Russian Reich. The people with ukrainian citizenship who fight on the Russian side dont want Ukraine to exist in any shape or form. Thus, it is not a civil war or separatism, it is a treason that threatens Ukraine' existence.

As for the maidain shooting, you propafandize again, Ukrainian authorities named the man who managed maidan snipers: Kremlin insider Vladislav Surkov.
Ukraine accuses Russia over Maidan 2014 killings - BBC News

Old 02-22-2015, 11:34 PM

So, you are saying that Russians fired sniper rounds into the police that Maidan was fighting ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe