Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 10:26 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
re: " Travric, let's face the truth - the US faltered big time in its policies in the nineties. It's time to pay for consequences. Being in denial won't help, as much as this fella would like to push his nationalist agenda"

Would like? Vlad seems to be doing ok in his agenda! It was ironic really to see 'Defender of the Fatherland' batted about because the old boy is using separatist armies (and 'with a little help from friends' )to keep pressing itself into more and more of Ukrainian territory. Poroshenko ideally needs to be charging Vlad alot of rent for that business. No doubt US sanctions will probably pick that up.
"Defender of the Fatherland" is really an old Soviet celebration of the Soviet Army. And since in Russia/Soviet Union there was no such thing as "mother/father days" ( as it is in the US,) 23 of February became unofficially a "man's day" - a day when women acknowledge men (fathers, husbands, boy-friends,) and express them their gratitude/love. In the same manner the 8th of March ( another Soviet celebration of International Women's day) became an unofficial "women's day" in Russia, when men acknowledge their gratitude/love to their mothers/wives and so on. It's an old tradition, but new Kiev's government has so much hatred for the Eastern part of the country which still uphelds these old traditions, that it announced these celebrations to be illegal. Basically, it's a manifestation of self-hatred of one's own past, the denial of any "Russiannes" in them and false pretenses of being "European." Precisely things that the East of the country doesn't want or need. I've said it before and I'll repeat it again; it's not really about "Putin." The South-East of the country is still very nostalgic for Soviet times - what was good in it; and that represents a problem for Putin and his surrounding. Donetsk and Lugansk are really left-minded places, that are not in a rush to deny their Russian roots.

Quote:
Waiting now for the newsreels showing Putin 'on the March'...if it's Tuesday it'll be Mariupol...if it's Thursday look to Odessa .
It's not Putin - it's actually Mozgovoy ( the field-commander of the battalion "Prizrak") who is talking about it. And he is the most "left"- minded of them all))))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 10:33 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,764 times
If they take Mariupol and Odessa I will be laughing it off. What they really should do is take Kiev

Old 02-24-2015, 10:44 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
If they take Mariupol and Odessa I will be laughing it off. What they really should do is take Kiev
If Kiev won't leave them alone ( which I'm afraid it's not going to - I see the predictions of a new offensive on Donetsk in March,) I'm afraid it will be the only way to deal with Kiev.
Although... may be, hopefully, there will be no need for it; Poroshenko will be removed and the new government (possibly with more brains) will take over.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:17 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
If Kiev won't leave them alone ( which I'm afraid it's not going to - I see the predictions of a new offensive on Donetsk in March,) I'm afraid it will be the only way to deal with Kiev.
I don't think they will either. The current government has to keep in power, what else is the alternative? I do not think they are going to be anything but obscure losers in the eyes of the western world if they do lose control. Oh sure, they've looted enough in the last year to maybe have some kind of life afterwards but if ones only use to society is as a bad example of how to do things I don't see them liking it much. Just look at Shakeasswilly.

I think the NAF is going for Mariupol next. Things have been moving in that direction and if the people of Ukraine don't outright revolt Kharkov may fall too. It's simmering or so I hear.

I also heard a rumor Azov battalion is playing spoiler on the treaty. They rove around with artillery and mortars shelling what they're told to.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:13 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Erasure, almost) It was yestreday, we celebrated Defender of the Fatherland day.
As for Remembermee, I have what to say on his accusations, but don't see a reason.
Comrade dpolo, erasure and now Selena say they have something to say to answer my very specific debunking of the propaganda garbage and lies they endlessly recycle in this thread, but they don't say it because they have nothing but more of propaganda, lies, nazi mythology to back up their old claims with. My endless attempts to engage comrades in a rational discussion failed, they simply refuse to rationalize the nonsense they spout. They either unleash more of the propaganda, myths and lies or they make a lame attempt on a straw man argument. An ignorant straw-man is absolutely the best that the resident Russian nazi mind could come up in this thread. The resident Russian posters don't use this thread as a platform for a rational discussion, they treat is a platform for propaganda platform, they have turned this topic in a mini copy of a Russian forum, an ideologically cleansed Internet space where like minded individuals gang together to recycle lunacies and bias that vibes with their preconceptions, thus reinforcing already distorted views of the world.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I think the NAF is going for Mariupol next. Things have been moving in that direction and if the people of Ukraine don't outright revolt Kharkov may fall too. It's simmering or so I hear.

I also heard a rumor Azov battalion is playing spoiler on the treaty. They rove around with artillery and mortars shelling what they're told to.

Russian nazis are going for Mariupol next but much demonized Azov "battalion" is playing a spoiler on the treaty Russian Fuhrer have no intentions to keep. Absurd rests. It's Russian nazi formal logic 101 right here.

Last edited by RememberMee; 02-25-2015 at 03:12 AM..

Old 02-25-2015, 02:52 AM

Lake Seliger, Russia, 2013, 6 months before Maidan, Russian nazis from Donetsk pose with a flag of "DNR". Lake Seliger is located between Moscow and Saint Petersburg, in the scenic Valdai Hills. Valdai hills is a special place for Putin, he chose Valdai hills to host "discusssion clubs" where the Russians share their semi esoteric views on the cosmic mission of the Russian World with the westerners. Lake Valdai imagery is like a Thomas Kinkade print of the idealized Russianness, it's not just a lake, it's a Russian nazi symbol. Russians could pick thousands of the places to host, propagandize and train Russian-jugend from Donetsk, but they've picked symbolic Valdai for that.

http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a...69&ec_rate=230

Old 02-25-2015, 03:15 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Comrade dpolo, erasure and now Selena say they have something to say to answer my very specific debunking of the propaganda garbage and lies they endlessly recycle in this thread, but they don't say it because they have nothing but more of propaganda, lies, nazi mythology to back up their old claims with. My endless attempts to engage comrades in a rational discussion failed, they simply refuse to rationalize the nonsense they spout. They either unleash more of the propaganda, myths and lies or they make a lame attempt on a straw man argument. An ignorant straw-man is absolutely the best that the resident Russian nazi mind could come up in this thread. The resident Russian posters don't use this thread as a platform for a rational discussion, they treat is a platform for propaganda platform, they have turned this topic in a mini copy of a Russian forum, an ideologically cleansed Internet space where like minded individuals gang together to recycle lunacies and bias that vibes with their preconceptions, thus reinforcing already distorted views of the world.
Spot on. What I find ironic is that the biggest Russian apologists live in the US, the archenemy of the beloved motherland. How come?

Old 02-25-2015, 04:06 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Spot on. What I find ironic is that the biggest Russian apologists live in the US, the archenemy of the beloved motherland. How come?
Why did you decide that the Russians consider the US as an enemy? Yes, Russian disagree with US foreign policy. Yes, Russian offended that the US has a huge economic power and use it against Russia. But enemies? No, Russians do not believe the US enemies. Especially ordinary Americans. Perhaps the only military's politicians who do stupid things to get more budget money.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:11 AM

238 posts, read 198,210 times
RememberMee, my congradulations! Organisation Donetsk Respublic exists since the first Maydan, more than ten years and you've finally found out about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe