Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 08:34 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times

Advertisements

Re: the Russian attitudes to the US

Yes, I agree there is much more polarization. And I'd suggest it emanates from two ideas.

1. The Russian government is helping that polarization and stoking it toward its people. The state puts the US as an enemy of Russia because it sides with the Ukrainian pivot to the West. Of course it views it as 'interference' in its internal affairs. And that gets to #2.

2. My belief is that Russia seeing Ukraine trying 'another way' makes the country focus once again on a grievous loss not only to its previous territories but more importantly on a loss of ideas. It is that double barrel of woe which enrages Russia. I suggest her current attitude to Ukraine all emanates from weakness and inferiority in the mindset toward a former 'brother'. The rejection of the 'Russian' way must be painful and hurtful. How can they do this to us! And on top of that well the US is behind it all to make the knife stick in further.

I don't think we'll see Russia get off the throat of Ukraine in the near future. The perceived insult goes to deep. I'd suggest Vlad's state is like a petulant child having a tantrum of not getting his way.

Anger and hate and sowing chaos is the calling card. The last thing he'd like to see is a competent Ukraine taking its place on the global stage. Vlad would rather see everything Ukrainian destroyed first before they pick up 'radical' ideas of reforming their state. It no doubt scares him greatly.

At this point Russia is at some intermediate stage assessing results and future moves towards Ukraine. It beggars belief that there will be some sort of rapprochement. From the looks of it more mayhem awaits and Ukraine has many challenges ahead. One thing though will continue and it is hearing the paranoid song of US 'plots' over and over. The harangue will keep on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 09:37 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Ukraine assets to be sold to foreign investors.

Абромавичус заявляет, что украинские госкомпании лучше продать западным инвесторам : Новости УНИАН

Considering the corruption in Ukraine well..........can it be worse? I don't think Ukrainians will be better off, slaves and nothing more. I doubt the profits will ever be seen by them.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:41 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: the Russian attitudes to the US

Yes, I agree there is much more polarization. And I'd suggest it emanates from two ideas.

1. The Russian government is helping that polarization and stoking it toward its people. The state puts the US as an enemy of Russia because it sides with the Ukrainian pivot to the West. Of course it views it as 'interference' in its internal affairs. And that gets to #2.

2. My belief is that Russia seeing Ukraine trying 'another way' makes the country focus once again on a grievous loss not only to its previous territories but more importantly on a loss of ideas. It is that double barrel of woe which enrages Russia. I suggest her current attitude to Ukraine all emanates from weakness and inferiority in the mindset toward a former 'brother'. The rejection of the 'Russian' way must be painful and hurtful. How can they do this to us! And on top of that well the US is behind it all to make the knife stick in further.

I don't think we'll see Russia get off the throat of Ukraine in the near future. The perceived insult goes to deep. I'd suggest Vlad's state is like a petulant child having a tantrum of not getting his way.

Anger and hate and sowing chaos is the calling card. The last thing he'd like to see is a competent Ukraine taking its place on the global stage. Vlad would rather see everything Ukrainian destroyed first before they pick up 'radical' ideas of reforming their state. It no doubt scares him greatly.

At this point Russia is at some intermediate stage assessing results and future moves towards Ukraine. It beggars belief that there will be some sort of rapprochement. From the looks of it more mayhem awaits and Ukraine has many challenges ahead. One thing though will continue and it is hearing the paranoid song of US 'plots' over and over. The harangue will keep on.
1. US media started criticizing Russia, then after a few month Russian media started to condemn US.

2. I don't see Russia doing deliberate damage to Ukraine out of spite, Russia needs certain things from Ukraine for Russia's security, EU needs certain things from Ukraine. When Russia or Eu is not getting what they want from Ukraine the problems start. Fro example if Russia hears a message of hate from Ukrainian government they are going to act on it out of national security interests. Allot of problems that Ukraine has with Russia is Ukraine's attitude towards Culturally Russian Ukrainians. If Ukrain's government was not backed by anti-Russian ethnic slurs and... Well, this war in Donetsk... Questions of attempted Ethnic cleansing of culturally Russian Ukrainians are still valid, what groups have engaged in it and what is the Porosheno's government attitude towards it. Make no mistake, Russian involvement in Ukraine's conflict makes this harder to practice by Ukraine's far right....

Poroshnko's government was not elected by the entire Ukraine, actions of Poroshenko's government make Ukraine an Unwelcome partner at negotiation table with both Russians and Europeans.

The funny part about BYDLO. Bydlo that was screaming "It's Russian's fault" is now finding that there is noting left to eat. Poroshemko government is engaged in Stallin era executions of political opposition. Google how many friends of previous government have been killed thus far...

Old 03-30-2015, 10:42 AM

I really get the impression the Europeans don't like this one bit and have a strong desire for things to be different. It seems to me that there are other powers, oligarchs, corporate apparatuses throughout Europe and the west that hold sway over the political process in Europe. These powers, be they people, organizations hold power over all processes.

America divides the Europeans, some powers don't want American military in their country. Others do and who are the Germans to tell the Lithuanians, Latvians and Poles what to do?

There was news about the Germans wanting to build a European Army. Hmmm. With a European army what would be the purpose of NATO in Europe? A German representative was in Wash DC he requested a meeting with NATO officials and Obama. He was flat out refused more than once. Seems to me someone doesn't even want to consider it. It is said the the US controls NATO, IS NATO. I believe it. Europe is just a province of the US, beholden to the US for it's defense.

The US can use the countries of Eastern Europe to threaten Russia and this is exactly what is happening.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:19 AM

238 posts, read 198,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Selena. Good to hear from you. Can you fill us in on conditions in Donbas and Ukraine in general? Conditions for the people?

It's so hard to get news here in the west.
Hello))
Don't know where to start. In the city is relatively quiet, we have explosions sometimes, but now our life is more calm.
We still have not much work and high prices, which started to grow this January when Ukraine has blocked all food supply from their side. But now we buy products in Russia, the situation is beginning to stabilize.
Since the 1st April our pensioners will recieve a pension in the Russian rubles- now this is the official currency on a par with the dollar and the hryvnia.
So called "terrorists" taking care about city and people here. They make mistakes sometimes, but many of our deputies former or even current military and it is clear that they can not provide all at once. From that what i can see- police works, we have low criminal rate now. Utilities are working too, we are fixing all that "liberators" destroyed.
We have electricity, gas, water, heating. In the beginning of this months water was very bad, there bloomed some algae and our utilities were unprepared to this, so two weeks we had water with the smell of the swamp. Now everything is fine.
Around the city demining fields and prepairing for planting. Railroad between Donetsk and Lugansk is also restored, we have train to Lugansk.
As for people, they don't want to return to Ukraine. Even if in Donetsk stayed supporters of Ukraine, Kiev did all that they are changed their mind.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:51 AM

Re: 'they don't want to return to Ukraine'

For sure a tough call and logical considering the circumstances. Better some sort of 'stability' than going into the unknown. But Kiev will still be continually under destabilization under Vlad's game. What's good for the goose ain't for the gander!

Interesting to see how the Ukrainian East fares after the 'reorganization' there and the Crimean annexation/takeover. Lots of things going on. Let's see how life develops.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:05 PM

Thank you Selena. I heard some great news too the other day, the Novorussian government will start paying the pensions to retirees on April 1st again. In rubles.

This ATO has to be one of the most heinous acts in history. The environment such mean spirited attitudes fosters makes ethnic hatred and atrocious acts more likely to happen and even more acceptable.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:50 PM

It's official. Ukraine in violation of Minsk agreement. Looks like they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

TASS: World - OSCE observers find Kiev forces

Old 04-02-2015, 07:06 PM

Disappointed to see that the Crimean Tatars are losing their TV station license. The Russians rejected their application. The radio station went off as well. Have to say it's not surprising this would be the state of affairs for the Tatars under the new regime.

The problem of licensing appears to be simply an act that is quite normal and that is making opportunities to shut off any media deemed outside of Russian 'thinking'. Interesting if the Tatars will ever get back their channels.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:55 PM

Nazi Guard beating people over something. Democracy in action.

LiveLeak.com - Dnepropetrovsk: Pravy Sektor attack Civilians

I can understand little being said, they're talking too fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe