Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 05:46 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

I just can't see the point. I'm not Russian or European either so have at it I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 10:01 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
You missed. Information available (though I do not know when it has been added).

http://hostingkartinok.com/show-imag...b660eda9db8db6
Who cares about this obscure site

I asked about Wikipedia))))

Old 05-08-2015, 10:18 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The common sense says that whatever was designed in the 90ies, ( be that dissipation of the Soviet Union, redesigned borders, NATO expansion and so on,) has been done with the future disintegration of Russia in mind,
Who are those big evil masterminds not respecting meek and gentle Russian imperial longings and delusions? You display typical Russian paranoia seeking a plot against Mother Russia behind every event. There is something deeply infantile about this Russia centric mania, courtesy of 300+ years of imperial brainwashing. If Russia disintegrates, it will destroy itself, nobody else. As long as Russia and Russians position themselves as an Empire, they should do what Empires do, like offering a stick of unavoidable repression and a carrot of the material and civilization comfort/advances to the subjugated. It's just too bad that Russia has just a rusty stick and no carrot to offer, it's a backward, inefficient, deranged middleman at best, thus it resorts to the rusty nuclear stick and treachery to remind about its imperial rights. The subjugated, in the past and present (including Russian Federation minorities) don't really need thoroughly secondary, redundant, and on occasion crazy and homicidal Russian middleman parasizing on their resources. It is a ticking bomb under Russian delusions of grandeur and integrity. Perpetual Russian longing for a maniacal "strongman" reflects subconscious doubts of the masses and educated caste about pragmatic Russian utility that would justify never ending deaths, suffering and repressions. Russians developed entire mythology of the Russian cosmic spirituality and unique purpose that has nothing (as in NOTHING) in common with bleak everyday Russian experience. Russians believe that only a strongman and goosestepping behind a fearless leader can make up for the lack of a Russian "carrot". And I believe that they and you are wrong about it.

Quote:
her removal from the world stage as the global power. And Russian people were not in position at that point in time to have their say.
Neither Zimbabwe nor Russia are in the position to control others.

Quote:
However as the common sense dictates, once Russia finds herself strengthened yet again, it will start reclaiming what it considers vital for her existence as global power, removing on its way what it considers as a threat to this goal.
And how is an imaginary Russian Reich is any different from German Reich, except being more murderous and backward?

Quote:
And Russia will do that, no matter what those laws designed to prevent her to do so are saying. It's only logical, it's common sense.
Modern Russia is a weird mixture of authoritarianism, feudalism, fascism, mafia rule, statism with elements of modern (such as mass propaganda & mind control, consumerism, feudal corporatism, rootless urban masses, etc.). I believe the mongrel is incapable of contributing anything of value to the world. It just can use treachery and soviet stockpiles to strike a few defenseless countries. Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia are pretty much the only 3 countries Russia can practice its imperial delusions more or less unopposed, beyond that, there will be stiff opposition Russia can't handle. Russia is a global impotent that can't even seduce Cuba, Venezuela and North Korea with its offerings I described in the first sentence.

Quote:
Now the reason why Russia was supposed to be removed from the world stage as the global power
Soviet nuclear legacy is the only Russian claim to the international prominence. Why Zimbabwe with Nuclear weapons think it's entitled to the global prominence any more than Zimbabwe proper?

Old 05-08-2015, 10:45 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Odessa was founded by the decree of Catherine the Great. Russian Empire has spent a huge amount of resources for the city's founding. It's a fact. All of your reasoning - is emotion. I do not say that Odessa has to be Russian. But let's not rewrite history. Let us not say that Odessa was founded by some cosmopolitans.
Comrade, English language doesn't distinguish between Russian (Ruskii, ethnic label) and Rossiiskii (universal label) but you do know the difference, even though the knowledge doesn't cool your Russian nazism. I repeat, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Balarus, etc. have no legal rights whatsoever for the Russian (Rossiiskaya) Empire legacy, any more than Italy or France are entitled to the Roman legacy, post soviet countries are entitled only to the things and lands they've got in 1991, everything else is emotional nazi nonsense.

Russian (Rossiiskaya) Empire ended 100 years ago. Russian ethnicity wasn't the only one living, working and fighting for that Empire. Why ethnic Russian nazis think they are the only entitled to the imperial legacy and lands? Just because why? How many millions of Ukrainians and others died working and fighting for that empire? How much resources and labor was extracted from Ukraine to build Odessa? Odessa was founded by cosmopolitans, German empress Catherine was holding Russian (Rossiiskaya) Empire throne (she illegally grabbed after murdering her husband of dubious ethnicity and self-identification) as well as by thousands of European adventurers seeking fortunes in Russia. In essence, Russian empire is a superposition of the Western European adventurers and culture on the backward Asiatic Russian matrix (the matrix Russians borrowed from their Asiatic conquers a few hundreds years back). The bastard was/is ugly, treacherous and murderous, but nevertheless, there is nothing Russian about Russia. Everything known today as "Russian" was borrowed/imposed on/stolen and bastardized, including imperialism, communism, nazism you are fond of.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:07 AM

261 posts, read 256,429 times
oil is the carrot

Old 05-08-2015, 12:08 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Who cares about this obscure site

I asked about Wikipedia))))
Stop! This is a snapshot of Wikipedia site that I made and uploaded to this site, in order not to clutter up the forum Cyrillic! This information is from Wikipedia.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:38 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
Re: the 'future if Ukraine e'

If current events are an indication I am afraid that it will be dismal for the country itself as well for all of Europe.

Mr. Putin will be master of ceremonies for VE Day shortly with that incredible victory over the 'fascists'. Thing is the a West isn't so interested to hang out with him 'celebrating'. No doubt some other countries as well. This is a party that not everybody wants to go to. And for interesting reasons.

After Mr. Putin described the collapse of Russia the 'greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the century' he seems to be a man hell bent on a mission....and quite a 'liberating' one. Perfect timing since with VE Day he'll be top man on stage broadcasting the achievements and sacrifices of Russia in tbat 'Great Patrootic War' where she 'liberated' Europe from notorious fascism.

Surely Russia was instrumental in defeating Hitler and his philosophy but in hindsight that 'liberating' cure became simply another manifestation of one dictatorship taking over from another with horrific consequences to the nationalities of Europe.

But it won't be talked about. Not a sniff but there are those who know the terrible and sordid history. In any case, Vlad will ignore that and get to the podium and sing the praises of Russia with balalaika ....the 'liberator' of Europe. I do hope he will give a little nod to his 'former' Allies. But it could be a cold day in hell first to keep in keeping with the chill that he's generated through his foreign policies.

So that looks to be the Putinian calling-card in future text-books....'Liberator.'. Georgia, the Crimea and Ukraine could never have seen how liberation means 'debilitation'. These look only a start perhaps from a man deeply on a mission.

Ukraine 5 year 'liberation' weather report: watch for the goose honking very very low.
It will portend weather much foul with those liberating ideas floating in Ukrainian air.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:36 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Comrade, English language doesn't distinguish between Russian (Ruskii, ethnic label) and Rossiiskii (universal label) but you do know the difference, even though the knowledge doesn't cool your Russian nazism. I repeat, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Balarus, etc. have no legal rights whatsoever for the Russian (Rossiiskaya) Empire legacy, any more than Italy or France are entitled to the Roman legacy, post soviet countries are entitled only to the things and lands they've got in 1991, everything else is emotional nazi nonsense. Russian (Rossiiskaya) Empire ended 100 years ago. Russian ethnicity wasn't the only one living, working and fighting for that Empire. Why ethnic Russian nazis think they are the only entitled to the imperial legacy and lands? Just because why? How many millions of Ukrainians and others died working and fighting for that empire? How much resources and labor was extracted from Ukraine to build Odessa?
I once asked in the Georgian forum: "Why Georgians do not like the Russians? Russians fought and died for them, Russians defended them from Persians." Georgians said to me: "Russians did not fight for the Georgians. Russians fought for the Russian empire." Similarly Ukrainians worked at that time not for Ukraine, but for the Russian Empire. Russian Empire founded Odessa. Time passed and Odessa became part of Ukraine. This is an obvious fact.

Naturally, Russians are concerned about the fate of the cities that they founded. Especially because a lot of Russians live in these cities. As an example, the Finns are concerned about the fate of the Finnish cities in Karelia. This is normal.

Quote:
Odessa was founded by cosmopolitans, German empress Catherine was holding Russian (Rossiiskaya) Empire throne (she illegally grabbed after murdering her husband of dubious ethnicity and self-identification) as well as by thousands of European adventurers seeking fortunes in Russia.
Rossiiskii (Rossiiskaya) - is a legal term. It has no relationship to the national self-creation. Russia was formed as an alliance of tribes. This has left specific features of national identity.
Ruskii - not just ethnic label. This term national self-determination.

Yes, Catherine was an ethnic German. But you know perfectly well that any person can become a Russians (Ruskii, not a Rossiiskii!), Because it is more than nationality. Probably this is the reason why the English language do not distinguish between Ruskii and Rossiiskii. It is not cosmopolitan. This national consciousness.
Catherine was an ethnic German, but over time she became a Russian (Ruskii!). This is a feature of Russia. And this is the reason why Russians are very offended by the Ukrainians. Russians accepted them as Russians, but they were wrong. Current conflict shows it. Only eastern Ukraine remains a Russians.

Quote:
In essence, Russian empire is a superposition of the Western European adventurers and culture on the backward Asiatic Russian matrix (the matrix Russians borrowed from their Asiatic conquers a few hundreds years back). The bastard was/is ugly, treacherous and murderous, but nevertheless, there is nothing Russian about Russia. Everything known today as "Russian" was borrowed/imposed on/stolen and bastardized, including imperialism, communism, nazism you are fond of.
It's just a stream of emotions and insults...

Old 05-08-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I just can't see the point. I'm not Russian or European either so have at it I guess.
See, for Americans history usually doesn't mean much I've noticed. American mindset is sort of "who cares what happened before we got into the picture on international arena; what matters is the future and we define that future."
For us, as the "old worlders" however history is important, because in our opinion past is what defines the future. Knowing past helps to untangle the ongoing conflicts, ( their sources to be precise,) dismiss false accusations and not let the false terms to be used loosely ( as it happens from time to time on this forum for example.) It gives a better view and understanding of the discussed situation.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Who are those big evil masterminds not respecting meek and gentle Russian imperial longings and delusions? You display typical Russian paranoia seeking a plot against Mother Russia behind every event. There is something deeply infantile about this Russia centric mania, courtesy of 300+ years of imperial brainwashing. If Russia disintegrates, it will destroy itself, nobody else. As long as Russia and Russians position themselves as an Empire, they should do what Empires do, like offering a stick of unavoidable repression and a carrot of the material and civilization comfort/advances to the subjugated. It's just too bad that Russia has just a rusty stick and no carrot to offer, it's a backward, inefficient, deranged middleman at best, thus it resorts to the rusty nuclear stick and treachery to remind about its imperial rights. The subjugated, in the past and present (including Russian Federation minorities) don't really need thoroughly secondary, redundant, and on occasion crazy and homicidal Russian middleman parasizing on their resources. It is a ticking bomb under Russian delusions of grandeur and integrity. Perpetual Russian longing for a maniacal "strongman" reflects subconscious doubts of the masses and educated caste about pragmatic Russian utility that would justify never ending deaths, suffering and repressions. Russians developed entire mythology of the Russian cosmic spirituality and unique purpose that has nothing (as in NOTHING) in common with bleak everyday Russian experience. Russians believe that only a strongman and goosestepping behind a fearless leader can make up for the lack of a Russian "carrot". And I believe that they and you are wrong about it.

Neither Zimbabwe nor Russia are in the position to control others.

And how is an imaginary Russian Reich is any different from German Reich, except being more murderous and backward?

Modern Russia is a weird mixture of authoritarianism, feudalism, fascism, mafia rule, statism with elements of modern (such as mass propaganda & mind control, consumerism, feudal corporatism, rootless urban masses, etc.). I believe the mongrel is incapable of contributing anything of value to the world. It just can use treachery and soviet stockpiles to strike a few defenseless countries. Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia are pretty much the only 3 countries Russia can practice its imperial delusions more or less unopposed, beyond that, there will be stiff opposition Russia can't handle. Russia is a global impotent that can't even seduce Cuba, Venezuela and North Korea with its offerings I described in the first sentence.

Soviet nuclear legacy is the only Russian claim to the international prominence. Why Zimbabwe with Nuclear weapons think it's entitled to the global prominence any more than Zimbabwe proper?
Did I mention - "serious inquiries only?"
Go take your meds, calm down and come back if you have anything of value to contribute to the ongoing discussion.

P.S. Just a friendly reminder - if you want to discuss Zimbabwe, that's on "Africa" forum, so don't get so easily confused and figure out where you want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe