Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 08:41 AM

504 posts, read 465,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Actually, it's Qatar in 2022.
And Russia in 2018, which is what I was referring to.

It's blindingly obvious both bids were won by bribes and corruption (the Qatar decision was INSANE) so I truly hope they are re-run and both take place in different countries. I'm not a football fan, so don't particularly want it in my city - just somewhere that has won it on merit not bribery.

Why am I not surprised Putin is a big backer of Blatter? Picked the wrong one this time, my old friend.

Have to respect the CIA. Awesome piece of work. Maybe it should be held in Kiev?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 11:17 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: '5) Vladimir Putin is not Hitler and Russia is not Nazi Germany (or Stalin’s Soviet Union)'
It's a reasonable statement. Putin is a modern-day Hitler, and Russia is a modern-day Nazi Germany (or Stalinist Soviet Union).

Putin has not killed millions of people (yet), but it's entirely reasonable to consider him in the same general vein. He's a nationalist, a dictator and a violent aggressor, fueled by ahistorical fantasies.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:32 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
We're not perfect any means, but there is precisely nothing Russia can teach us about democracy, egalitarianism, human rights, transparency, justice. NOTHING.
Of course there is not. The UK and the US for example has used oppression of human rights, corrupt justice, and its military to expand and build what they have today; do you honestly think the UK and US could be what it is today forming under its existing system?

Now that the UK, US, and others have their ends secured, through methods which killed and enslaved numerous people, on top of military conquests, etc, now it is expected everyone else toe the line and not create its society the same way the UK and the US did, and basically had to.

Quote:
And it looks like we'll be seeing you all in London for the 2018 world cup.
Is there an update to this story that London will be hosting 2018?

Quote:
Vlad has to understand there are limits to what bribes and tanks can bring.
Of course there are limits, yet everyone, including the US, continues to do it.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:39 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Quote:

It's blindingly obvious both bids were won by bribes and corruption (the Qatar decision was INSANE) so I truly hope they are re-run and both take place in different countries. I'm not a football fan, so don't particularly want it in my city - just somewhere that has won it on merit not bribery.

Why am I not surprised Putin is a big backer of Blatter? Picked the wrong one this time, my old friend.

Have to respect the CIA. Awesome piece of work. Maybe it should be held in Kiev?
London is bidding for 2022 but everything is open.

If one went by corruption and/or foreign military intervention, no one would get to host. UK and Qatar would be at the top of the list for their involvement in wars in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Africa.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:29 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Interesting report on bellingcat. They're constantly quoted in the Ukrainian press.

We are the propagandists: The real story about how The New York Times and the White House has turned truth in the Ukraine on its head - Salon.com

Old 06-05-2015, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
London is bidding for 2022 but everything is open.

If one went by corruption and/or foreign military intervention, no one would get to host. UK and Qatar would be at the top of the list for their involvement in wars in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Africa.
London isn't bidding for anything.

All that is being said is that if...IF....the current FIFA investigations show that the Qatar decision was arrived at by bribes and corruption (and that of Russia also), and as such the process is re-run, then England is prepared and capable of holding it if they are asked to.

After all, we spent £30B (€40B) of public money in preparing our bid for 2018. If, as seems likely, it was a complete waste of money as the bid was decided by bribes, I believe we have grounds for complaint and recourse. Our problem is that we play by the rules.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:02 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:

It's blindingly obvious both bids were won by bribes and corruption
Have you proof that Russia bribed officials for get World Cup?

Old 06-05-2015, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Have you proof that Russia bribed officials for get World Cup?
No. Did I say I had?

All I am saying is that with FIFA's performance, it has to be considered a distinct possibility. And Putin is a massive supporter of Seb Blatter - surprise, surprise.

I have true faith in the CIA. I think Blatter's sleep pattern maybe somewhat disturbed at the moment. We'll see what develops.........

Old 06-05-2015, 04:39 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Ok, I get it. As speak in Russia: "an еnglishwoman ****s" ("an еnglishwoman creates trouble").

Old 06-05-2015, 05:25 AM

261 posts, read 256,619 times
erasure,
the Russian language thing - I don't know much about it, how it went. I was speaking about
the legal aspects of the Russian intervention and the language is just cultural, no aspect
in international law..
----------------------------------
The Budapest Memorandum -as you quoted- "less than a military guarantee of intervention",
which thankfully hadn't happened. But "assurances, not defined". Ukraine officially asks for
military support and weapons. Was Russia forced of intervention wrt. Serbia,
Germany vs.Russia in 1914 etc. - it's problematic, there are treaties, trustworthyness
of policy, it can escalate. What shall USA+UK do ? Eastern Europe is watching critically
whether/how much NATO would protect them in similar cases.
------------------------------
Wikipedia and Hitler in his book say that he was (really) afraid of a Jewish world conspiracy to
rule the world. Not really racism. He also made it racistic, but I'm not sure what was
major, what was earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe