Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 01:47 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
No, that's the entire world's understanding. Only Putin's Russia thinks differently.
The western world is not the entire world. China, India, Latin America etc. have another understanding.

Quote:
That's why not one country on earth recognizes Crimea as part of Russia.
No. The reason is that these countries are totally dependent from the USA. They fear to get any sanctions and say something against the White House foreign policy. In fact, all these countries are vassals of the USA. They will say "yes" when the USA would rape them. And all the mess in the EU with the economics and the migration policy is just a good proof of it. The EU assented to the USA commands too much. Now we can see this grievous outcome for EU. Muslims will change Europe totally and you will feel yourself like an alien in your own country, thanks to your political elites who sang along with the USA for the american interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 02:06 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Maybe so, but that's the world in 2016, whether Putin likes it or not.

The fact is that no one recognizes Crimea as Russia. Nothing Russia does will change this fact. They need to leave Ukraine, or the sanctions and global isolation will continue, and Russia's pathetic economy will continue to unravel. Energy prices are going down every day, and Russians get poorer every day, and it's almost entirely Putin's fault.
Russia will not leave Crimea. Crimeans want to live in Russia. If Russia will throw this people, then Russia will be destroyed at the level of ideas and mentality. It is not only the policy of Putin. Putin uses standards of thinking that are inherent to all Russians. And standard of living does not matter. Russians consider Crimea as part of Russia. Only a large-scale military defeat could force Russia to leave Crimea.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Russia will not leave Crimea. Crimeans want to live in Russia. If Russia will throw this people, then Russia will be destroyed at the level of ideas and mentality. It is not only the policy of Putin. Putin uses standards of thinking that are inherent to all Russians. And standard of living does not matter. Russians consider Crimea as part of Russia.
Agree. Despite I'm living in the USA, I have a lot of friends and relatives in Russia. And all of them say the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Only a large-scale military defeat could force Russia to leave Crimea.
It never will happen. Firstly, the russians will anyway fight to the last man until the victory.
Secondly, nobody in the world can do that without disappearing of themselves.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:49 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
It never will happen. Firstly, the russians will anyway fight to the last man until the victory.
Secondly, nobody in the world can do that without disappearing of themselves.
Russia is welcome to destroy itself, it that is its preference. The world will probably benefit if Russia wants to become as poor and backward as Moldova. At least it will no longer threaten its neighbors or kill its sons in foreign adventures.

It's economy has suffered, but the suffering has probably just begun, given its dependence on oil. There is a long way to go if Russia truly wishes to self-destruct.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:50 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
The western world is not the entire world. China, India, Latin America etc. have another understanding.
No, they don't. None of these countries recognize Crimea as part of Russia.

And they never will, because there is no reason to do so. There is no reason to support an illegal invasion by a dying former empire.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Russia is welcome to destroy itself, it that is its preference. The world will probably benefit if Russia wants to become as poor and backward as Moldova.
You even don't realize what the stupidity you just said.

Quote:
At least it will no longer threaten its neighbors or kill its sons in foreign adventures.
Russia threatened its neighbors? Yes, I know this kind of propaganda.
Go take your pills and relax.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:12 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
a dying former empire.

https://youtu.be/KS3Vf0GzGOE

Translation:
Spoiler

Don't hasten to lay us to Rest

Don't hasten to lay us to rest,
We still have things to do here,
We have kids at home, one smaller than the other
And we just would like to live our life.
We have kids at home, one smaller than the other
And we just would like to live our life.

Don't hasten to shoot us in our back
You'll always have (enough) time to do so.
But better let us finish up our dance,
But better let us finish up our song.
But better let us finish up our dance,
But better let us finish up our song.

Don't hasten to close our eyes –
We all love the darkness anyway,
And a cane is lashing our cheeks
Impassioned by their nakedness
And a cane is lashing our cheeks
Impassioned by their nakedness.

Don't hasten not to love us,
Don’t count the victories by the days.
If we don’t live out today,
Who will (be there to) love you tomorrow?
If we don’t live out today,
Who will (be there to) love you tomorrow?
âõúÑÂÑ‚ ÿõÑÂýø ÃÂõ ÑÂÿõшø Ñ‚Ñ‹ ýðѠхþрþýøть + ÿõрõòþô ýð ÃÂýóûøùÑÂúøù

Old 01-17-2016, 11:24 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
WtF? What sort of schizoid interpretation of events? For what "backs"? All agreements were signed by the current legitimate authorities, Ukrainian and Russian.

It's not that my "interpretation of events" is "schizoid," - it's you understanding of things is sorta limited and primitive somewhat. But since we already knew it, here is one more time for you;
The government might have been legitimate all right, ( i.e. legitimately elected) but there were no institutions set in place to control this government. There was no understanding among the general population of economic implications of the dissolution of the Soviet Union, nor the whole specter of the political ones. That new government was not about to educate the population on these matters either - they just did what they thought was "convenient" for them. For them, and their newly-founded "partners."
The opinion ( and the well-being) of the population of the S.U. was totally disregarded in the process, but the future US interests were quite observed. And that's how the Russian Crimea ended up in Ukraine.

P.S. Interestingly enough, in one and only all-union referendum, the majority of Ukrainians were voting for keeping the USSR by the way ( except for the Western-most provinces of course, that historically didn't belong to Ukraine, and are currently stirring all the sh*t, forcing their foreign identity on the rest of Ukraine.)
Ukrainians changed their mind only after an attempted coup in Kremlin against Gorbachev in 1990 by the hard-liners, who were concerned for country's security in light of Gorbachev's actions. To say that they didn't have any ground for it would be, alas, incorrect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_S...%A9tat_attempt

Old 01-17-2016, 11:30 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Long story short: I think it's over for Ukraine for now. They're the "New Serbia". From now on expect a blatant Mafia development, even stronger than the previous involvement of the Russian mafia in the region and/or the nerdy computer hacker guys from Ukraine. I'm talking about larger scale like heroine, kidnappings, assassinations. Last time I checked their GDP was comparable to Uganda! Far worse than anything in Europe. Interesting what sort of miracle they need from now on...

Old 01-17-2016, 11:34 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
No, that's the entire world's understanding. Only Putin's Russia thinks differently.
Since when are you speaking for "entire world?"
I saw enough of cheering for the break-up of American plans of acquiring that cozy seaport in Sebastopol, strategic for Russia. And I mean cheering on the internet, by the Westerners including. You are aware I hope that not ALL Westerners are unanimously pro-American, ( including some Americans by the way,) don't you?
If not, I have news for you)))

As we already know it, I have little to do with "Putin's Russia," yet I happen to think that Crimea belongs to Russians and always did. It's an inseparable part of their history, as much as Odessa, Malorossia and all.
I know history might be inconvenient sometimes, but we can't just scratch it off, as much as one would like to.

Quote:
That's why not one country on earth recognizes Crimea as part of Russia. It's illegally occupied territory, according to the entire world.
You mean according to the governments? Of course not, they are all towing American line today.
For now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe