Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 03:24 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

From friends FB page - just now)))

"May I tell you a horror story?
Since everyone started talking about the restrictions on food, I haven't been to the grocery store yet. I was somehow afraid to go there, because of all the talked-about deficit and high prices. I better don't eat I thought and I better don't go to the grocery store.
But today I had to go to the store after all, and it was Dixie on Pokrovka Boulevard ( sorry not "Globus Gourmet" for those of you who are waiting for more exciting plot.)
I had to buy milk, because there are two things I can't live without - it's the morning hot shower and coffee with milk. The rest is basically insignificant.
And since the government of Moscow deprived me of hot showers lately, I had to buy milk to keep on going.
And there, in that store, I saw peaches. 60 rubles per kilo. That was really intimidating, because I already faithfully believed, reading Facebook and all, that peaches are nowhere to be to found, and Greek peaches in particular.
I was so intimidated, that I bought a kilo of peaches.
Then I bought sweet peppers, meat, fish, milk, the prohibited Lithuanian yogurt and for some strange reason five cans of baby food on top of that. Just because it was all cheap and it was all staring at me from the shelves in obnoxious and threatening manner.
Under normal circumstances I don't eat as much as I've grabbed today.
My companion solemnly reminded me that I came here to buy milk.
Then we went to Georgian restaurant, ate there till we dropped and asked to pack the leftovers on top of that.
That's what fear does to people and that's how people get fat because of shortages. I'm afraid I'll be eating all the time now."

True story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 03:47 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Since everyone started talking about the restrictions on food, I haven't been to the grocery store yet. I was somehow afraid to go there, because of all the talked-about deficit and high prices. I better don't eat I thought and I better don't go to the grocery store.
But today I had to go to the store after all, and it was Dixie on Pokrovka Boulevard ( sorry not "Globus Gourmet" for those of you who are waiting for more exciting plot.)
I had to buy milk, because there are two things I can't live without - it's the morning hot shower and coffee with milk. The rest is basically insignificant.
And since the government of Moscow deprived me of hot showers lately, I had to buy milk to keep on going.
And there, in that store, I saw peaches. 60 rubles per kilo. That was really intimidating, because I already faithfully believed, reading Facebook and all, that peaches are nowhere to be to found, and Greek peaches in particular.
Then I bought sweet peppers, meat, fish, milk, the prohibited Lithuanian yogurt and for some strange reason five cans of baby food on top of that. Just because it was all cheap and it was all staring at me from the shelves in obnoxious and threatening manner.
Then we went to Georgian restaurant, ate there till we dropped and asked to pack the leftovers on top of that.
That's what fear does to people and that's how people get fat because of shortages. I'm afraid I'll be eating all the time now."

True story.
And? What's your point? Pound your breast and shout: 'Rassija, Rassija, no pasaran!'?
#JumpTheFence

Old 08-10-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
And? What's your point? Pound your breast and shout: 'Rassija, Rassija, no pasaran!'?
#JumpTheFence
The point is - Rossiya is an interesting, unpredictable, artistic and inspiring, all-bight controversial country.
Estonia is not. It's just blah.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:51 PM

261 posts, read 256,510 times
Medvedev signs order banning anonymous Wi-Fi , ITAR-TASS‎ - 2 days ago
Media of Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of journalists killed in Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-10-2014, 04:53 PM

261 posts, read 256,510 times
Quote:
The point is - Rossiya is an interesting, unpredictable, artistic and inspiring, all-bight controversial country.
unpredictable is good ?

Old 08-10-2014, 04:56 PM

14 posts, read 37,156 times
Quote:

True story.
Old stocks. Wait a few weeks.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:00 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
#JumpTheFence
Provokatsi! Rjeferjendum! Saboutjearski!

Quote:
No, it isn't. It's crap. Horse manure. The bulge of Asia. The arch-enemy. A hellhole. The school bully that don't bring anything but misery to everything that encounters him. The thing that turns everything to sh*t. The thing that never should be. Besti!

The whole moloch is something like from a H.P. Lovecraft horror story.

Last edited by Ariete; 08-10-2014 at 05:12 PM..

Old 08-10-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
More from friends' Facebook pages;

"Yeah, true that. On another hand... do you mean that you still have an internet? I've read on my Ukrainian friends FB page that it's over now. That internet is prohibited in Russian Federation. As cheese. As vine. As mass protests. As expletives, as everything. Everything is forbidden according to Putin's plan, that we used to laugh at inside that very internet."

Old 08-10-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
unpredictable is good ?
NOT according to German perception I'd guess...

But then, again, I am not a German.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Provokatsi! Rjeferjendum! Saboutjearski!

No, it isn't. It's crap. Horse manure. The bulge of Asia. The arch-enemy. A hellhole. The school bully that don't bring anything but misery to everything that encounters him. The thing that turns everything to sh*t. The thing that never should be. Besti!

The whole moloch is something like from a H.P. Lovecraft horror story.
Horror stories are good.
Ask Americans - they have the whole profitable industry based on horrors.

( I think it's time for you to learn Russian, since you are so obviously emotionally involved in a subject.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe